Thoughts on Levis 511?

barnstormer

This afternoon I picked up a pair of 511s that I will hopefully have a pic of soon, curse my lack of a digital camera. The fit is great, a nice skinny leg with some great stacking at the bottom. The denim is nice and lightweight, so I think these jeans will see a lot of play come the summer. I don't like the almost girl like low rise on my pair, the wash is a little generic and I'd rather have buttons, but honestly it's one of the best fits I've ever had, and certainly beats the shit out of anything you're going to find for under 100 bucks. If you're not a brand whore and don't mind wear 50 dollars jeans and you're looking for a nice pair of slim jeans, I would seriously recomend lookin at the 511s.

i like them somewhat. after buying them and wearing them for a while i realized they're just too skinny for me, i can't wear something soooo tapered. i mean they look fine but whatever.

however they are good jeans. i wore mine maybe 2-3 times a week for about 4 months, washed them a couple of times. anyway i hadnt worn them in like a month (winter break) and accidentally washed them with all my clothes, and when they came out they had some honeycomb fading. nothing BRUTAL but they had some, and considering how little i used them and the fact that they weren't dry, i think thast pretty good. i think if you wear them more regularly, maybe 4 times a week they'll get some nice fading even if they're a wash model.

i fucking love my 511s.

mine are raw, from the nyc levis store.

pretty fantastic jean for the price, and being that i'm not a denimhead, i couldn't care less about all the details that they lack compared to 'better' jeans.

As you can tell by my name...I love Levi's 511s. They are a great fit and they are just the right form of skinny for me. I get a lot of compliments on them as well. The only downside with them is the limited amount of washes, but I like the darker wash that I have and it goes with about anything.

basically if your asian and you dont eat or your white and your skinnier then most of the girls you see then that means all slim fits will work on you and if you have thunder thighs and are slim in the waist but your still an atheletic build you should get classic cuts because those will fit tight as well just not so tight that youll explode the seams.

basically if your asian and you dont eat or your white and your skinnier then most of the girls you see then that means all slim fits will work on you and if you have thunder thighs and are slim in the waist but your still an atheletic build you should get classic cuts because those will fit tight as well just not so tight that youll explode the seams.

Fuck that was difficult to read.

But anyway, I have a pair of raw 511s that I never wear anymore. I don't like the narrow leg opening, personally. I got them on black friday for about 30 bucks or so and wore them around once I think.

I saw some 511's today and they looked pretty nice. I couldn't tell if they were raw or not, do they say it anywhere if they're raw?

I'm pretty sure they're not raw.

I picked up a pair of them..the real dark, almost black denim ones.

I absolutly love the fit of them. Real slim and skinny, but still flexible and comfortable.

I bought the stretch-y 511s in the faded dark blue color and they fit goddamn amazing. I understand some people complaining about the opening, but for a person who only wears chelsea boots/dress shoes with them (me), they are perfect. I understand how they might look weird with certain pairs of sneakers though. The opening on my 32 x 32s is about 7.5".

For $55 you can't go wrong, and they come in several washes (about 6 at the Levis SF store). I REALLY hope they keep making these as the 514s are a little awkward fitting on me and I hate always having to spend $150+ on a pair of non-Levis slim jeans (Zaras are actually pretty good for $75 as well).......

http://www.levisstore.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2350317&cp=2068573.2075200.2075206&parentPage=family

Does rigid mean the same as raw? When i asked the people at the store they didn't know if they were the rigid ones or not. how can i tell?

No; I have seen them in person and they aren't "raw" in the traditional sense. They may not have ever been washed after dying, but they are still a really crappy sort of looking texture......almost cheap-looking. Not like raw STFs or anything like that. Kind of like a weird matte finish where the threads sort of meld all together into a nappy looking finish.

For $55 you can't go wrong, and they come in several washes (about 6 at the Levis SF store). I REALLY hope they keep making these as the 514s are a little awkward fitting on me and I hate always having to spend $150+ on a pair of non-Levis slim jeans (Zaras are actually pretty good for $75 as well).......

I got mine for $35 including tax at Sears. :P

I bought a pair around Thanksgiving for $30. They aren't raw or anything, jsut regular mall denim. stretch I believe. 98% cotton, 2% spandex I think. Although I haven't worn them out in public yet, they are definitely a pair of jeans I never thought I'd own. I used to wear the baggy/skater pants until recently. But now that I'm getting older, I realized that I only have a limited amount of time before my metabolism won't allow me to wear jeans this tight. I have pretty skinny legs, and I'm about 6-6'1 in height. I got some 32x32, so they make me look real skinny and like I have ridiculously long legs. All the skate kids around here are wearing tight pants, so I won't feel too out of place when I where 'em over the spring summer. It's too cold to wear them now because they would look stupid with any heavy sweatshirt. Just small t-shirts or long sleeve t's will look alright. As far as shoes, I think running shoes, indoor soccer shoes and other 80's reissues look good with them. adidas look good with anything, although I'd love to find some old Etonics or Saucony's to wear with them.

I bought two pairs of the Soft Rigid finish 511's off Ebay. It is not raw, but more of a one-wash and the fabric looks similar to a pair of rinse finish 501's.

Compared to the Riff 511's, the denim just slightly heavier and is 100% cotton, no spandex. I bought one pair in 30"x32" for a tight fit and one pair in 33"X30"(I usually wear a 32" waist) for a looser fit and after almost a week and a half of solid wear and no wash, the 30" waist pair has stretched to 31.5".

I machine washed the 33X30 pair in warm water(inside out) followed by an 80 minute trip in the dryer and the waist had shrunk about 1/2". Indigo loss was very minimal and the fabric didn't get fuzzy like you'd washed a pair of 501 STF's. The fit is very flattering with a nice slight taper that I've always wanted in a pair of Levis.

• 3 weeks later...

How is the weight on these? I was thinking i could wear these some more during spring/summer because florida is hot as hell for japanese denim.

511 is tapered at the bottom and a bit slimmer throughout.