Rag & Bone F/W 07

goldengloves

I will be sincerely surprised if the new Helmut Lang will beat it. If it's the "new line" all expecations are that it will be along the lines of Theory quality, pricing, and design, which is to say: too expensive for too little and crap.

I don't know, I saw the full line in the Helmut Lang press packet and it's really dope. It's very minimal and androgynus. I'm really excited to see it in person. :cool:

Finally a clothing line designed by men who understands male physique. Very classic with a modern twist. Love their clothing and quality is outstanding. Plus, it's made in the U.S.A!

"understand's the male physique"? just wondering...by that you don't just mean that they are not designing clothes for the skinny frame are you?

Poly, I think Rag & Bone has been doing runway shows for several seasons now. Although they started out doing denim only, by season 2 or 3 they quickly conceived the brand to include higher-end peices and launched runway shows. I don't think - even at its inception - they intended to market the brand as streetwear. Runway shows have always been part of the agenda.

What I find ironic is the formality of this show. Apparently Nathan Bogle left the company because he wanted to move the line further into upmarket luxury clothing (topcoats, suits etc.) and they other two members wanted to retain its emphasis on affordable sportswear. This show, with its glut of suits and luxury fabrics, reflects that formal aesthetic they were supposedly trying to avoid. It's a great show, but nonetheless mysterious.

"understand's the male physique"? just wondering...by that you don't just mean that they are not designing clothes for the skinny frame are you?

I'm not sure exactly what he meant, but I think that Rag & Bone is one of the labels that cuts consistently well, both on skinnier guys and the bigger guys alike. Like or dislike their style (and I like it, although I don't think that the collection is deep enough for a runway show), whoever it is who does their size grading deserves a medal. Certainly, their sizing is a whole lot better than Trovata's, who seem to be all over the map (not in a good sense) in so many ways.

I'm not sure exactly what he meant, but I think that Rag & Bone is one of the labels that cuts consistently well, both on skinnier guys and the bigger guys alike. Like or dislike their style (and I like it, although I don't think that the collection is deep enough for a runway show), whoever it is who does their size grading deserves a medal. Certainly, their sizing is a whole lot better than Trovata's, who seem to be all over the map (not in a good sense) in so many ways.

ditto to above about sizing. I too find their sizing absolutely perfect and I am not the slightest bit big or muscular in the "male physique" way. I bought a pair of pants from them last year and the fit was so perfect I went back and bought another pair in another color...something I RARELY do for any label.

this collection looks like what g-star has been doing for the past 10 years...