usa :: las vegas :: general

• 2 weeks later...

try the M buffet. good food/desserts and unlimited beer, cider, and wine

Wait, unlimited beer? I hate buffets but i may have to try this.

Is it just crap beer or anything decent?

pbr and miller lite from wat i remember

nothing too wild

• 1 month later...
Are the shopping areas within walking distance of the strip / where I will be staying? I am at Bally's - the stores at Caeser's are obviously close but what bout the outlets?

outlets no. need a cab or rental to get to both outlets

• 1 month later...

I'm cummin', anybody from Sufu in town from May 28th till June 1st?

• 1 month later...

Will be fine dining quite a bit, but the fine dining scene in Vegas despite the big name chefs dont approach the level of Tokyo, SF, NYC, Barcelona, or Paris. Its pretty much dressed up chicken, beef, pork, safe seafoods like salmon, branzino, craziest thing maybe a sweetbread on a few menus. Would love to see some exotic heritage meats, some heirloom vegs, more offal. Even a overpriced sushi place that approaches the quality level of the cheap places in Tsukiji or department store sushiya would be nice.

i actaully think vegas is a great place to dine. ive been looped into going to some places that ride on some tv chefs rep but ive had some amazing meals. carnevino was fucking increible. and if you go after 9pm amd sit in the bar, food and wine is all %20 off. which is actually sweet if youre gonna be out al night to have a huge fucking meal that ends around midnight.

ive eaten at aureole twice and loved it both times. smith and wollenskys isnt exactly cutting edge, but its an experience in its own right.

been to Alex(meh), L Atelier de Joel Robuchon, Bouchon, Julian Serano, B&B, Blt Burger, Burger Bar, Wing Lei, RM Seafood, Nobhill, Craftsteak, Mon Ami Gabi, Table10.

my vegas eating itinerary for this trip so far:

e by Jose Andres

Jaleo

Carnevino

Random Buffet

a breakfast or two at bouchon

gonna cab it to a chinatown this year to try a few places off strip.

Joel Robuchon is always closed for summer vacation when I'm there

i had the best pasta ive ever eaten at carnevino. lamb ragout. unbeleiveable. also, if you get in on the discount, theres a 2000 cain concept that comes out to about $80 and is fucking epic with red meat. i sent my brother there when he laid over n his bday and called the maitre d to comp his meal on my behlaf, they were so accomdating it was unreal. i fucking love that place.

check aureole. its pretty good for upper-middle-contemporary-french-leaning-nouveau-american-seasonal-all-truffle-everything cuisine.

I didnt like aureole, well the one in Manhattan anyways. I've eaten at Carnevino before, and it was great. The pasta at Scarpetta(Manhattan, not sure about vegas) is better, but for meats Carnevino is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Theres this secrete/anonymous pizza place at the Cosmopolitan i always went to cause they were open til 5am. had pbr and stone ipa. their pizza was really good

view from our wraparound terrace suite @ the Cosmo:

day

imag0441j.jpg

night

imag0429b.jpg

dat sunrise

imag0436v.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

im here right now in las vegas. what activties are there where you don't need to worry about dress code? i dont like the club seen due to the price and dress code, but still want to get it craccn' . got trees but whats the spots its 1232 pm right now

Honestly, even if your not a club dude, just embrace that shit. In the end it will be more affordable than trying to hit places on the strip that are more cultural. It's either ball out or dive out and you can dive anywhere. Vegas needs to taken head on, as per the samurai code. If your not willing to pay it off for the next six months, you shouldn't be there.

yeah I see what your saying . There's no use to go to Vegas to be cheap and not experience all there is. hey some girl got laid out that night the police were chasing after the group of 5 girls who jumped her, And I ended up loosing my friends that night ended up finding them back at the hotel around 3 am Saturday night. That Cosmopolitan building looks crazy. well I might go back on the 28th for a friends birthday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^l o l

im here right now in las vegas. what activties are there where you don't need to worry about dress code? i dont like the club seen due to the price and dress code, but still want to get it craccn' . got trees but whats the spots its 1232 pm right now

brah just cop these and youre good

l.jpg

Theres one in Caesars and one in the PH