Viktor & Rolf F/W 2007

Vitamian

While their initial Monsieur Line was quite appealing in a sort of sincere dandy nebbish manner, this is quite unappealing; it has the ostentatious taint of a collaboration with H&M.

The whole scheme is also becoming increasingly repetitive, with an haphazard attempt at break using yellow, which is an unfortunate choice.

The shoes are post-abortive horrible.

00010m.jpg

00120m.jpg

00190m.jpg

00180m.jpg

...but they have yet to really figure out ready-to-wear, esp. mens.

You are aware that the rest of the world will dissagree with you on that particular point. Not that it makes any difference anyway.

I'm not a particular fan of this collection and have never been of most of their mens stuff.

The shoes are wooden clogs and are traditional dutch footwear, I don't think they actually mean for you to walk around in clogs next winter....

You are aware that the rest of the world will dissagree with you on that particular point. Not that it makes any difference anyway.

I'm not a particular fan of this collection and have never been of most of their mens stuff.

The shoes are wooden clogs and are traditional dutch footwear, I don't think they actually mean for you to walk around in clogs next winter....

Cotton duck beat me to it. They are just going back to their roots with the clogs.

Those clugs make everything look horrbile. Next time they'd better leave their (cultural) nationalism at home.

Well..i guess they felt like they had to do something back for the country that embraced these two designers as national hero's after they did that job for H&M.

I remember reading in a national paper during the election time that they were even asked what their favorite politician was, they chose a democratic relatively young dude because of his looks which is irrelevant of course, but to give you an impression how they've grown to superstar-fame in this country.

It looks ridiculous tho'...