Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

i really dont see how i negated any of my argument, or how my words were misconstrued to the point where i said that this stuff was at the forefront or new.

i said it had been around for some time, was different enough to merit being noticed, and was more interesting to me than other goings on in club culture. that was that.

you guys are kinda prickish for no apparent reason besides 'i live here, mate!'.

because its killing me to hear people raving (haha) about something thats basically all hype.

the thing about negating yourself was you claiming to be clued up in london youth and culture and going on to talk about some trend thats basically dead here, and saying all that came out of london was "shitty post-punk copycat bands, criminally-overrated acts like the Libertines/Pete Doherty, and generally retread rock-based bands that all sounded like utter rubbish."

seriously dude theres not much else to say than "i live here, trust me." "new rave" is just stupid clothes on young kids at electro and indie shows. it isn't a happening.

to whoever was "trying to keep fluokids a secret"

you're a douchebag.

ps: fuck all the elitist "genre nazis"

i don't care. i don't want the mp3's to expire/limit out. bitchass-namedropper.

to whoever was "trying to keep fluokids a secret"

mixers and makers:

cajuan

goose

soulwax

poney poney

uffie

oizo

feadz

mstrkrft

justice

sebastian

le castle vania

them jeans

busy p

dj funk

cool all them dudes came from the same label.

and if ur gonna mention them jeans amongst them, ur tripping. dude is not limited by these genres at all.

because its killing me to hear people raving (haha) about something thats basically all hype.

the thing about negating yourself was you claiming to be clued up in london youth and culture and going on to talk about some trend thats basically dead here, and saying all that came out of london was "shitty post-punk copycat bands, criminally-overrated acts like the Libertines/Pete Doherty, and generally retread rock-based bands that all sounded like utter rubbish."

seriously dude theres not much else to say than "i live here, trust me." "new rave" is just stupid clothes on young kids at electro and indie shows. it isn't a happening.

i'm not sorry, and i maintain that you and the other guy are jaded or personally biased or something. but thanks for playing. we can both exist and disagree in harmony.

all that came out of london from 2001-2003 that made a major mark on anyone's radar was really, really bad rock music. people paid way too much attention to the futureheads when they should've been checking for wiley.

oh my god. thats a terrible comparison. a lot of people have been into wiley and pay as you go and that for a loooooong time (you can't say "in this year people liked this and this.") seriously stop paying so much attention to what the media says because it isn't fucking definitive. and if i'm jaded by my city filling up with idiot bandwagon jumpers who can't develop a look of their own then can you blame me. really.

cool all them dudes came from the same label.

and if ur gonna mention them jeans amongst them, ur tripping. dude is not limited by these genres at all.

they aren't all from the same label, and what does them jeans have to do with genre limits anyway? he plays dance music right? ...is that not the point of this thread?

it was big in london for a little while but it isnt now?

arent the parties still happening?

arent the people still dressing like this?

isnt it more indicative of the recent rebirth of london club culture and not some NME-fuelled scene hype?

people that i know of are still down with the reborn club scene and still dress like cartoons and are still having the time of their life. are you just jaded? are you not a fan of the whole thing and just kind of write it off? i'm curious as to whether or not you're biased, basically, for any reason. just cause i hear conflicting things all the time.

all i know is that whether or not it was a flash in a pan or not, i'd really like to be there.

i was in london recently, as in december-january 06-07, and despite what that dude is saying it is definitely still quite big. erol alkan is the rebirth's jesus figure, and although TRASH (the club which was the epicenter of the whole thing) is no more, DURRR has taken its place and more or less the same thing is happening. i just dont think that dude is up on the various parties etc that go on where this style of dress is still hugely prevalent. go to any people are germs party or lots of events happening at scala and it'll be quite obvious that it isnt over..

i was in london recently, as in december-january 06-07, and despite what that dude is saying it is definitely still quite big. erol alkan is the rebirth's jesus figure, and although TRASH (the club which was the epicenter of the whole thing) is no more, DURRR has taken its place and more or less the same thing is happening. i just dont think that dude is up on the various parties etc that go on where this style of dress is still hugely prevalent. go to any people are germs party or lots of events happening at scala and it'll be quite obvious that it isnt over..

oh christ haha, try some half decent parties next time you're here. or just not the slowest clubs north of dover....

i think we have ourselves a prime-time party-pooper.

asu, thanks for the further corroboration.

DURRR seems to have a good thing going so far, despite Erol taking the backburner and letting some younger talent round the nights out.

its cool that you guys are all arguing about who knows more about whats hyphy......

anyways, somebody mentioned bonde do role a bit back. they're amazing. the baile funk thats coming out of Rio right now is preetttyyyy incredible. I think it's the best stuff being recorded at the moment. I got into it through Diplo, etc.

also, Diplo and Bonde do Role are doing the FUN party on March 30. I think Devro will be there too, maybe Aaron LaCrate, plus the Bangers et al.

it's really not to be missed...Diplo's last show for a long while (so he says)

also: the fluokids mp3s don't expire because they host them, they don't do sendspace or ysi etc. so, buddy, don't worry about people knowing about fluokids. and honestly, you think that this forum's thread is gonna suddenly overwhelm their website or something?

also: she hasn't been mentioned yet, so...anybody like Uffie? I think she's great.

finally: saw Eystek and Gang Gang Dance at Studio B last night. Not exactly what I was expecting (I was hoping to dance...although Alexxxchange DJed afterwards) but still pretty incredible.

its cool that you guys are all arguing about who knows more about whats hyphy......

anyways, somebody mentioned bonde do role a bit back. they're amazing. the baile funk thats coming out of Rio right now is preetttyyyy incredible. I think it's the best stuff being recorded at the moment. I got into it through Diplo, etc.

also, Diplo and Bonde do Role are doing the FUN party on March 30. I think Devro will be there too, maybe Aaron LaCrate, plus the Bangers et al.

it's really not to be missed...Diplo's last show for a long while (so he says)

also: the fluokids mp3s don't expire because they host them, they don't do sendspace or ysi etc. so, buddy, don't worry about people knowing about fluokids. and honestly, you think that this forum's thread is gonna suddenly overwhelm their website or something?

also: she hasn't been mentioned yet, so...anybody like Uffie? I think she's great.

finally: saw Eystek and Gang Gang Dance at Studio B last night. Not exactly what I was expecting (I was hoping to dance...although Alexxxchange DJed afterwards) but still pretty incredible.

i was there before gang gang played. got there during the soundcheck but had to meet a lady in the city afterwards. how was gang gang dance?

we were the dudes in the coatcheck who ordered burritos.

did you go to fun on friday? rapture was interesting. they did an electronic set of a few songs followed up by dj gig. definitelly nice to see a big band like that in brooklyn.

Besides the obvious about Uffie, she's really disarming in person. Like, as a human being she's really the complete opposite of her songs, and it is really weird to talk to this sweet, slightly nervous and dorky little chick and next thing you know she's rapping about being ready to fuck.

And Juraj, I didn't make it out on Fri. 'cause I've been hacking up my lungs and chugging cough syrup with codeine like there's no tomorrow.

i was there before gang gang played. got there during the soundcheck but had to meet a lady in the city afterwards. how was gang gang dance?

we were the dudes in the coatcheck who ordered burritos.

did you go to fun on friday? rapture was interesting. they did an electronic set of a few songs followed up by dj gig. definitelly nice to see a big band like that in brooklyn.

gang gang dance was fucking great...i think they played a little too much/long, though. but really, really great. the only other stuff i'd heard was from their myspace and i have to say they are 1000 times better live.

and no, i couldnt go to see the rapture, although i wish i could have.

what im really looking forward to is optimo on friday, and hopefully i can get to Galapagos the night before to see DtL and dandi wind...do you always work the studio b parties?

I've just fallen in love with New Young Pony Club. Also, I didn't know that Studio B had a coat check, I usually just hold on to my shit, but after hearing some of the nightmare waits for coat return I my just opt to hold on to my shit still when I'm there.

Anyone thinking about going to the Ghettotech night this Wednesday? My girl is from Michigan and is really interested in going.

I've just fallen in love with New Young Pony Club. Also, I didn't know that Studio B had a coat check, I usually just hold on to my shit, but after hearing some of the nightmare waits for coat return I my just opt to hold on to my shit still when I'm there.

Anyone thinking about going to the Ghettotech night this Wednesday? My girl is from Michigan and is really interested in going.

i want to, totally want to, but am not sure if i'll be able to. it is a crazy fucking lineup though.

i, personally, do whatever i can to avoid using coatcheck anywhere. i just hate it, it sucks everywhere pretty much. i usually end up buying a cheap thrift hoody to throw on and not care about losing when i leave it hidden behind a couch or whatever.

anyone hear the new half-hawaii on perlon? shit is mind-numbing hypnotic

100009407.gif

yeaaaaaaaahhhh

that disco d tribute is tonight? i don't like studio b at all. it's halfway between a warehouse (which would have a shitty but good look) and a club (which has a trashy but good look), so basically it's shitty and trashy at the same time without being good.

Ed Banger Records Party: Justice, DJ Mehdi, Sebastian + Busy P.

On the 31 of march in Montreal, tickets are like $13 right now!!! Going to buy some later today.

Me and a buddy of mine are thinking of coming down to Montreal for this thing. Moneys gonna be tight at the end of March though. Should be a good show though.