Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

too true. i feel the same about bitcheex2 yax3. i think i enjoy their shit remixed alittle better than the originals though.

lately i've been listening to alot of japanese electro/dance shit.

force of nature's new shit and the lowbrows. getting back into older dandi wind and duchess says.

I fucking love Before though. That first 10 seconds with the Vacuum-cleaner synth and then wham the overdriven drums kick in, especially. It was such a kick to the head when I was expecting your average dumdumdumdumdumdum.

I can't figure out what Keagan is talking about. (nevermind, missed Clopek's post)

- I don't understand why they're making fun of mentobobiaaibiaia.

-that video has really good quality... holy shit.

- prison issues?

edit; wait, that is mentobinbnabaiana....

i'm not really sure what you're talking about

Ghosthuster Summer GH Mix

Tracklist

1. Mr Oizo - Patrick 122

2. Does it Offend You, Yeah - Battle Royale

3. Chromeo - Call Me Up

4. Alan Vega - Saturn Drive

5. Crystal Castles - Air War

6. Jackson & His Computer Band - Radio Caca

7. Klaxons - Gravity's Rainbow (Van She Remix)

8. Bumblees Unlimited - I wanna be Your Ladybug

9. Daft Punk - Technologic (Vitalic Remix)

10. Simple Minds - I travel

11. Justice - New Jack

12. Chris and Cosey - October Love Song

http://www.zshare.net/audio/23552454c07716/

pretty cool

except the ladybug track... hate that shit

Anyone have this track - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_Trax

Would be interested in hearing the apparent 'first' acid house track.

i found an original pressing in the original shrinkwrap for $2 at junk in williamsburg.

trivia: trax used recycled vinyl back in the day because it was cheaper. you can see how wobbly and inconsistent it is when you hold it to the light, and occasionally bits of paper will be in that shit!

that wikipedia entry is shit, more info here: http://www.discogs.com/release/1949

Guest jmatsu
"sharevari" is certifiably the first detroit techno song.

dude, the 20great_____________blog is fucking on fire today!

bonus (pretty goofy, but...):

myspace.com/trippplenippples

my friend showed me the/a video for sharevari on youtube a couple weeks ago, it was incredible

matsu and omc your emails have been passed along to cam so hopefully he gets in contact soon

xhE-0IDpkiM

I have this video in my favourites. Detroit 1982

GEEKED UP STUFF.

i worship this video. that's real history right there, that was the straight up debut of the first ever detroit techno song. look at that crowd!

consider where techno is at now, scrawny white europeans nodding off to micro-minimal whateverness, and compare that to these people going banananananas

on some proto-soul train business!

i don't listen to anything with micro in it. that was good shit...before electronic got pussified. funny how there's like rap and house, and then there's tech and trance. great divide.

i don't listen to anything with micro in it. that was good shit...before electronic got pussified. funny how there's like rap and house, and then there's tech and trance. great divide.

i think its funnier how black americans have been entirely responsible for nearly every

single significant musical movement in modern times, and every single sound has been co-opted, for the most part, by whites.

give us back rock n' roll and electronic music, please. johnny omaha can keep 50 Cent.

honestly, what the fuck are you talking about?

electronic music got pussyfied?

what the fuck do you think all this french post-electro whiteboy-disco-revival with guitars crap everyone is cocksucking is? i don't even know why i read this thread.

next time the cobrasnake blows (up) some new electronic music act, i know i'ma be the first to jump on that di-dick.

DOUCHEBAG

When did electronic music get "pussified"? Electronic music has always been pussified. Kraftwerk were pussies.

There is only one legit genre with "mirco" innit- microhouse. And aside from a few records it exists solely on mobliee. (7)

Techno has always been striped down. Techno is nothing like trance. House and hiphop don't go together as well as you might think.

DOUCHEBAG

When did electronic music get "pussified"? Electronic music has always been pussified. Kraftwerk were pussies.

There is only one legit genre with "mirco" innit- microhouse. And aside from a few records it exists solely on mobliee. (7)

Techno has always been striped down. Techno is nothing like trance. House and hiphop don't go together as well as you might think.

wut nao? r u tryin 2 teach me sumthin?

ordered it earier today, i can't see this not being good.

professor genius has had my stamp of approval ever since i heard mike simonetti djing a few months before starting italians do it better and he played a demo of what i think turned into 'pegaso'.

your friends with enemy?are those cats really as ridiculous as they are on their videos?

he is generally more laidback than the other two. the videos don't represent EVERY night but when a few of them get together then things can get pretty crazy. especially your boy ewun from chicago lol...