comics/graphic novels you've been reading

jubei

www.dargaud.com

the Aldebaran serie is great, narrative fictional stories every album leaves you wanting more.

http://www.dargaud.com/front/albums/series/serie.aspx?id=1736

Leo, Luis Eduardo de Oliveira is the author.

His other series run in the same line, Betelgeuze, Kenya

people who like

Calvin and hobbis should check out

agent 212

http://www.dupuis.com/servlet/jpecat?pgm=VIEW_SERIE〈=UK&SERIE_ID=4

Kid paddle

http://www.dupuis.com/servlet/jpecat?pgm=VIEW_SERIE〈=UK&SERIE_ID=57

To everyone out here into the boys, sad news. The serie have been cancelled effective with #6, Darick Robertson confirmed it on newsrama a couple of weeks ago, it fucking sucks. Ennis and Robertson still have the rights to the book but Robertson is under exclusive contract with DC so we wont see the boys around for a while.

Promethea was pretty good until the second trade... after that, it became way to weird for me.

I prefer top ten over tom strong. Minya you have to pick up top ten if youve never read it, great stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Spring brings me back into the comic fold every few years. Just finished the Essential Silver Surfer #1 and the Annihilation Silver Surfer Books. Virtigo's Preludes and Nocturnes of the Sandman. Also blew through Virtigo's The Orbiter; a one-shot deal that pays an homage to NASA.

Just digging into the Preacher paperbacks. I think that and the Sandman will keep me busy for a couple of weeks.

Any other suggestions?

Oh and if there are any other slacking Marvel readers out there they just released Planet X and Universe X in paperback collections. I read them as serials but they're not too bad.

• 2 months later...

I have a couple original Peanuts books from my grandpa. From the 50s or 60s or something like that. I never got into action comics but i like peanuts, bloom county, outland and calvin and hobbes.

I have a couple original Peanuts books from my grandpa. From the 50s or 60s or something like that. I never got into action comics but i like peanuts, bloom county, outland and calvin and hobbes.

Tight, Mon!!!

Yeah, Calvin and Hobbes and Peanuts are my jam.

I think I have all the Bloom County books. I don't know where my old Peanuts stuff is. I have one where CB realizes the red-headed girl was way out of his league, 'cause of how beautiful she is, and Peppermint Patty hears him talking about it and she goes "I wish someone felt that way about me" or something.

Am I misremembering? Bittersweet anyway.

I have a lot of Animal Mans and Doom Patrols that were written by Grant Morrison, and a collection Slaine, with art by Simon Bisley.

Yea, peanuts had a lot more soul than you can recognize when you're young. Bloom county/outland is fantastic. Just flat out funny stuff.

I'm sure classic comics are swell...

but don't you want to read modern comics?

Vertigo: These stories will blow your mind.

DMZ

Fables

100 Bullets

Preacher

Sandman

DC:

Batman: Year One

Batman: Dark Knight Returns

Kingdom Come

Marvel:

The Ultimates (for mindless action...its great)

I'm sure classic comics are swell...

but don't you want to read modern comics?

Vertigo: These stories will blow your mind.

DMZ

Fables

100 Bullets

Preacher

Sandman

DC:

Batman: Year One

Batman: Dark Knight Returns

Kingdom Come

Marvel:

The Ultimates (for mindless action...its great)

Vertigo is great for some weird stories from the likes of Grant Morrison. Doom Patrol, Invisibles anyone?

Fables doesnt attract me unless its Cinderalla and Snow White doing some hot and heavy action.

100 Bullets is predictable but Sandman is a classic. Preacher aint too bad.

All your DC titles are great. Too bad Dark Knight Strikes Back sucks.

Mark Millar's Ultimates is great for his modern re-take on the Avengers. Bendis' New Avengers and what sis name's Young Avengers could learn more from them.

the john constantine series

as for graphic novels id reallyyyyy recommend watchmen, v for vendetta, from hell, (i like alan miller books cause of the distinct character traits each of them have) and maybe black orchid.

ull like the house of m series by vertigo if ur looking for a monumental story with more action and less character development.