• 2 months later...

image are killing it at the moment

nailbiter

saga

the wicked + the divine

ratqueens

sex criminals

black science

bunch of others too i can't remember off the top of my head--plus wytches w/ scott snyder and art by jock coming out soon

+

if you haven't yet, read the current run of moon knight. one more issue left with warren ellis at the helm and it's really good.

Moon-Knight-1-cover.jpg

++

also copped a couple of variants that i liked:

VktfZu4.jpg

(good debut if anyone's wondering)

bq5Tbb3.jpg

what's everyone reading?

Agreed on the latest Moon Knight - issue 3 with his armour for fighting the dead was good.

I have been reading (in no order of preference) Trees, Saga, The Mercenary Sea, East of West, Shutter, Silver Surfer, Dead Body Road, Black Science, Zero, Rat Queens, Lazarus, COWL, Hacktivist, Nowhere Men, Pretty Deadly, Prophet, The Star Wars and assorted Marvel comics.

I recently read my way through the entire extended Mignolaverse - through every BRPD, Abe Sapien, Lobster Johnson, Sledgehammer 44, Witchfinder and also Baltimore.

Oh ya and some graphic novels like Daytripper, DE: Tales, Jan's Atomic Heart, Blacksad and Normandy.

There are others but that gives you an idea.

Sex Criminals is cool. 

My fave right now is The Auteur but it's done with. 

Also recently enjoyed the Archie Afterlife series, Stray Bullets Killers, Shaolin Cowboy, The Field, Dead Body Road.. Lots of good stuff I gotta check out too including The Wicked + Divine

Is Trees good btw? I like Warren Ellis a lot but the first issue didn't do much for me. Does it get better?

Edited by exterminatingphantom

damn, so much to read. came across a spread from the latest afterlife with archie and it is completely nuts, had to cop. B)

I read one of the Afterlife issues but it didn't really excite me. Can someone explain to me how they already have a series about Archie when he is dead and they are only now just getting around to actually killing him in his regular comic?

@exterminatingphantom: I find Trees intriguing and am giving it time to see where it is going. Will let you know.

BTW - I also went back and read the first few arcs of Brian Woods' run on Conan at Dark Horse and enjoyed it.

Thanks Ordo!

I jumped into the Afterlife series from a recommendation in issue 2 and didn't really care much for it, although Francesco's art is gorgeous. I waited around a while and picked up the Series TPB collection and had a blast with it from beginning to end though. It's a fun little read, but I don't think I'll go for more. Also, I believe the Afterlife series is an entirely brand new concept outside of the regular Archie series. The TPB is pretty cool in that you get all the issues collected with covers and variants, as well as the writing and art process and notes on why and how the series started. 

• 2 weeks later...

Most recent pick up was Death Vigil. I'm not into capey comics, but I started reading Invincible and holy shit was I impressed. Lots of Sci-Fi coming out in the following year so I'm excited for that.

bq5Tbb3.jpg

Damn I wish I would have gotten this cover or the original one when I copped Issue 1. Shop I went to only had the alternate with the girl lying on the bed.

Edited by DTC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Last month I got a membership to Marvel Unlimited and have been loving it. I don't have the cash/dedication to go buy back issues of every old series/crossover I want to read, so it's super convenient paying $10 a month and having access to a buttload of content. 

Stuff I've enjoyed: 

Runaways - Brian K. Vaughan/Adrian Alphona (the whole series is great though) 

Cable and Deadpool - Fabian Nicieza/Patrick Zircher

Rocket and Groot - Scottie Young 

Hawkeye - Matt Fraction/David Aja (which is surprising, because I really didn't dig him in the movies) 

A bunch of Spider-man comics. 

Right now I'm half way through Civil War, which I love. Thumbs up for this app-- it's totally worth it. 

my rec is to read hickman's story. fantastic four/ff > avengers & new avengers > secret wars

it's long but the way everything ties together is fucking great. you can probably get away with skipping the ff stuff but you might miss a few things; the infinity event occurs during, marvel need to slow down cuz their events are too frequent and often shite. civil war 2 is nearly here already.

+

dc rebirth round the corner. 

XTTEVOb.jpg

joker's name

nightwing's back in black and blue

old superman, new superman, chinese superman, lex superman?

nearly every comic getting decent writers except green lantern

detective and action comics back to old numbering

etc etcetc

++

manapul on trinity  :o

aWMIWEe.jpg

Edited by Magsåvningsreserven

• 2 weeks later...

i recently read and enjoyed micheal de forge's big kids.

i wasn't expecting it to be so poignant but yes, it was. 

confessional and touching in an oblique but clear way.

highly recommended.

Tk619GG.jpg?1

ito junji's cat diary was also very good. he infuses horror into everyday cat-ownership life. very good. recommended to fans of ito junji, horror manga fans, and/or cat owners/haters alike. 

D84buia.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVED Junji Ito's Cat Diary-- especially as a welcome sanity break after reading a ton of his other work. 

I've had Marvel Unlimited for a few months now, and I have serious issues with the lack of Max series-- or anything rated mature. Give me Garth Ennis or give me death!