comics/graphic novels you've been reading

jubei

motherfucker you took away the rep i gave goddamit

haha

oh this week i also picked up those 2000AD reprints of the Avengers, "Steed and Peel." Good stuff, nice quality repros.

Edited by jyoni

• 5 weeks later...

what are some good mini series comics or series that have ended that i can read, dont think i can wait for a month to month current series although chew looks good haha. Already reading walking dead but im on issue 12 or something & got a long way to go so is all good.

check out carnage and carnarge usa (which ends this month). both are very good.

what are some good mini series comics or series that have ended that i can read, dont think i can wait for a month to month current series although chew looks good haha. Already reading walking dead but im on issue 12 or something & got a long way to go so is all good.

The strange talent of luther strode just finished. i liked that

I just re-read Mysterius the Unfathomable and Tales of the Unexpected (with Lapham's Spectre). Both are a few years old and were total sleepers at the time. Great miniseries, both of them.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I don't know. I just read them and then buy what I really enjoy. I'm a high-grade 9.8+ crackhead though...gotta have it. The only way to get it is to buy it.

Yo

Boom Studios' Planet of the Apes is really really good. I checked it out on Comic Shop News' tip and what do you know, they're right. Mitch Gerads is doing a signing at the Comic College's re-opening. I'm building some bins for them at comic-nerd rate, so I want the inside track on some original art...I want a cover dammit.

I just re-read Mysterius the Unfathomable and Tales of the Unexpected (with Lapham's Spectre). Both are a few years old and were total sleepers at the time. Great miniseries, both of them.

i bought that series for the dr. 13 backup, dont remember the spectre story at all, should read it i guess.

Bout the best shit in the 70s was Fleisher's Spectre (collected in an oop tpb entitled Wrath of the Spectre). Doesn't get any more insanely cool and that is that. I love when he kills the dude by turning him into a piece of lumber and then pushing him through a saw.

Or Jonah Hex/Weird Western/All-Star Western (yeah, Fleisher again, hmmmm)

Or Conan....fuuuu

Locke and Key #1 first print.....I have seven of them I think, all crisp beyond belief. Well, IDW books are tough and resilient but still even so, mine are all really clean. If you want one, I can check the auctions and then give you them sufu hookup.

Zenoscope eats ass. The Waking was okay.

Jungle Book is a fine read so far though. It's a different thing from them. Cool covers so far too. Don't care what perv you talk to, Zenoscope covers are usually meh. I like how the first issue of this has each character with the type of animal that adopted her/him.

1106775.jpg

1106771.jpg

I don't see any right now. I can check closed listing later on and pm you. Did you get the rest of them? I have the whole first series, but I don't know if I have duplicates of 2-6. Some high dollar stuff.

Kinq City is awesome. I wish Brandon Graham would sell the original art with Anna in the tub and the big black page with Joe pissing into his reflection.

Speaking of art, Mitch Gerad had both of his non-variant Planet of the Apes covers with him Saturday. Can't believe he still had them, especially #10. That's like the coolest cover so far. These were unbelievably affordable too so I copped both.

poacovers.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

You'll like The Boys. Dries up a bit around issue 30 and gets heavy on the Vought politics. Origin issues hit strong about #42 or so and it stays good again. If you're collecting them I have some extra virgin covers, variants, etc. I'll float awesome deals to people who bullshit in this thread.

For anyone waiting, I'm starting to test-run things for the free-stuff-thread through ebay and the shit keeps selling. There will be stuff forthcoming but the dough has to take precedence!

The last series I read was KingCity.

I thought it was pretty good.

I was dorking out hard today with a dude deeply into comics. This dude is 4'6" heavily bearded and misshapen with the one shoe with a 6" sole. That's some serious street cred when it comes to comics.

He turned me on to Prophet starting with issue 21. Brandon Graham writes. I forget the artist but the art is some straight-up bande-dessin Moebius/Ladronne vein. Shit's intense and I'm adding it to my buy list.

• 1 month later...

wtf

I'm winding down at 3 goddam AM with some Planet of the Apes....and it suddenly ends? Poof? With the ironic throat cutting at the end?

Man, fuck comics.

Edited by jyoni

• 2 weeks later...

damn, i havent been reading anything since finals.

dreading going to the comic store and picking up my pull list of 2 1/2 months.

any recs on new series? artbooks?

p.s. jyoni i owe you a pm, my bad, i saw it like a month later and then forgot/left on vacation.

Edited by ifeelasleep

damn, i havent been reading anything since finals.

dreading going to the comic store and picking up my pull list of 2 1/2 months.

any recs on new series? artbooks?

p.s. jyoni i owe you a pm, my bad, i saw it like a month later and then forgot/left on vacation.

No worries, it'll be here. Don't feel bad, as for me I still owe everybody free comics, it's just that they keep selling lol.

Can't recommend too much that is new...Reset was great at first then tapered off to pretty okay by the end. Alpha Girl is kinda fun.