comics/graphic novels you've been reading

jubei

• 4 weeks later...

you got a first issue? dang. i had recently moved, and by the time i heard the hype i could only get the cheapo 1.00 print.

i almost missed it too. the print run was ridiculously small.

perved out on it a bit before putting it away...jesus this thing is just butter too. nay a crease or thumb mark. i really should slab it.

chew1.jpg

Just finished the entire Sandman series, I fucking loved it. Read all 75 right in the middle of finals week which has had some pretty negative implications on classes but whatever.

Only other series I've ever gotten into was Transmetropolitan which was also awesome. Anybody have recommendations as to what I should read next?

^nice sales pitch haha

Nah...well maybe lol. if it comes back ridic i'd be curious to auction it.

Anyone have an idea of how to put your comics up on the wall? been thinking about putting up my fables issues as a sort of poster. send me ideas ppl.

pardon my lack of superspace. this is a turn of the century "gem."

most importantly, if you live with a woman let her pick them out and put them wherever she wants. These are low-grade copies cos the sun will destroy them eventually (good reason to never buy ones displayed like this). You could always use color photocopies but they won't really look like comics. low grade books that are a little worn and crusty look awesome on full display. i can't remember where we got the frames. undoubtedly target or wal-mart. they were like two or three bucks each.

comix.jpg

Posted · Hidden by jyoni, February 18, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by jyoni, February 18, 2012 - No reason given

comic store has 60% off marvel/dc hardcovers and 75% off indy hardcovers.

if anyone's looking for anything we can broker it, just get me for the extra shipping. let me know. their stock is depleting fast.

• 2 months later...

What's the deal with Marvel using interior-page paper for cover paper? You have got to be fucking kidding me. Gotta have my Thunderbolts, but that's all they'll get out of me.

Reading Sweet Tooth now...it's just incredible. Animal Man fans really need to get into this. Jeff Lemire does the art and writing for Sweet Tooth. He also did the art for one of the end-run issues of Palmiotti/Gray's Jonah Hex.

Animal Man and Swamp Thing is the best thing the new DC reboot has released. So fucking good.

Woops havnt been checking this thread. I completely agree with the above statement. There are some real great things happening in some of the new 52. Batwoman has to be on the list as well. Truly fantastic artwork. Those 3 would be my top 3. Followed shortly after by Aquaman, I, Vampire, and Captain Atom.

On the marvel side Carnage USA is just killin' it. I mean considering how great that first miniseries was there was no question this one was gunna be just as good. I've also been really enjoying the new Moon Knight. Wrapping spider-man, captain america, and wolverine all up into a schizo Marc Scector makes for good reading.

The Ryp art for Wolverine: Best There Is is another high point for Marvel right now. I haven't read enough of them to know if I really like the title, but Ryp's art is nuts in general. His work with Warren Ellis was all just really intense.

Yeah, I have to say I totally passed on Sweet Tooth when it started. I was just trying to cull my pull list so ruthlessly at the time that I think it affected my judgement on picking up anything new. Sweet Tooth is a really engaging, fresh look at the survival tale.

Posted · Hidden by siamese, February 20, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by siamese, February 20, 2012 - No reason given

is it okay if it's on the lines of animu? (but not shoujo, because fuck that noise)

because dis shit is the best

a67491eaa97faa0bb416589661cff015.png

What is the easiest way of pricing comics these days? The last comic store (as far as I know) in my area went out 10+yrs ago. Is Wizard still published. Was just sitting here tonight and realized that I still had all my comics from 12-20yr ago. I think they should go to someone who will appreciate. Probably won't appeal to you adult comic fans, short of a few Akira. Just a thought

Edited by illumin8em

Tomorrow is a good day! Finally a new issue of Moon Knight! and Orc Stain! Woot!

Man, I'm so happy to see Orc Stain back. What a great comic.

What is the easiest way of pricing comics these days? The last comic store (as far as I know) in my area went out 10+yrs ago. Is Wizard still published. Was just sitting here tonight and realized that I still had all my comics from 12-20yr ago. I think they should go to someone who will appreciate. Probably won't appeal to you adult comic fans, short of a few Akira. Just a thought

ebay...Those "price guides" are good for an insurance jackpot, if you document your collection before the fire or flood hits. That's about it.

Tomorrow is a good day! Finally a new issue of Moon Knight! and Orc Stain! Woot!

I just read through the first 7 issues back to back - great stuff. Next time I need to ban someone I am going to declare a poxa gronka on them.

I used to read Moon Knight back in the day when Bill Sienkiewicz was given the space to do things no one else had done in a superhero comic - somewhat like Frank Miller did on his runs with Daredevil. Maldeev's art reminds me of ol Bill - a nice throwback.

I also have been reading the relaunched Prophet. I am not really taken with it yet but am going to stick with it and see where it goes.

Oh and I got SVK - the crazy Ellis book that comes with the UV flash card so you can see the characters' thoughts which are printed with invisible inks. Interesting stuff.

Oh oh and Nonplayer is awesome stuff.