comics/graphic novels you've been reading

jubei

I started Transmetropolitan. Everything is really good, the writing honestly matchless. But the really abruptly rapt moments for me were in the art. I don't know what struck me most: The cat (uuuuuugh), the bearded lady, or the first panel showing the Revivals.

lul, third post in a row. Just a heads up that Vertigo is now starting letter columns for each title.

Baeyer-Drewson, have you read Yoshihiro Tatsumi? Really haunting with some chilling war-era stuff. Banality gone horrific and miserable.

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Bye-Yoshihiro-Tatsumi/dp/1897299370

Thanks for the heads-up, jyoni! I have read The Pusher Man and Other Stories and it was pretty amazing. So much emotion in those panels, something I rarely get from manga/comics.

I have just added Abandon the Old in Tokyo and Good-Bye to my bookdep wishlist. Thanks!

I suspected you might be dipping into it already, haha. It's good shit. People like Nakazawa may be seminal but yeah...this stuff is on its own tier.

**Christ, I just wiki'd that guy to check in on the Barefoot Gen sequel. He has retired because of diabetes and cataracts. There will be no continuation :(

• 3 weeks later...
DDML, how is that? I was looking at picking that up and was curious as to whether or not it was worth it.

i am three pages in, ha!

i've read everything D&Q has reissued in Tezuka's back catalog

so i guess i am a bit of a fanboy

i picked it up at the library

probably your best bet, if you are worried about committing the scratch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My pull list is down to almost nothing.

The Boys

Elephantmen

Jonah Hex

King City

Scalped

Thunderbolts

eof, I have all the House of Mystery variants if you are interested. VF-ish but the Neal Adams one is a really high nm.

How is Scalped?

It's superb. It did lag a bit for me at one point, around the time Jason Aaron was getting hit with a ton of Marvel stuff. But it's his baby. He isn't going to lose control of it, and it's always been quite good at worst.

It's evolved nicely beyond its original premise. He'll digress now and then with tales of elderly couples, gays, kids, more of a fuller picture.

^^I remember when I barely found out about TWD a year ago, and my friend had the entire series up to that point. The comfort and easy in which I went from one issue to another is something I miss so goddamn much.

Recently picked up Nemesis. The artwork is just my type, and the story is pretty original, but I'm not sold on the dialogue. Also just started Lone Wolf & Cub, quite interesting.

I've also got the entire Neil Gaiman works just sitting on my computer, should get around to it...