Agents of Atlas

Chew

Jonah Hex

Boys (don't know why I care anymore)

Northlanders

Guerillas

Kick-Ass

Madame Xanadu

Also alot of random manga and stuff from the likes of Drawn&Quarterly press. Mainstream-wise, I'll blindly pick up anything written by Jason Aaron or Jeff Parker.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

Any good?

• 4 months later...

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is fucking awesome (I can't remember if you're quoting me on the novel or the comic here). The best PKD books are the aforementioned, The Man in the High Castle, and A Scanner Darkly.

The comic of Do Androids.. is pretty wicked. Much more faithful to the book than Blade Runner was. Don't get me wrong, I love Blade Runner, but it is really an adaptation with its own separate aesthetic and concepts.

Currently reading this. Read the first one and now must collect all TPBs. So much fun. Apparently David Fincher is directing a CGI film based on the comic. Should be amazing if they get it right.

jt1gg9.jpg

I'm just now getting back into comics after setting them aside about ten years ago. I've been reading TPBs of Walking Dead, the last ten years of Superman and various DC stuff I used to read in my nerdy past. I tried getting back into some of the Marvel and Image stuff I used to read, but it either doesn't exist or just doesn't interest me anymore.

Lots and lots of Get Fuzzy, everything about Darby cracks me up.

So much subtle humor.

And cosign on all the Calvin and Hobbes, back in grade school when they brought in the book bazaars for like a week, id buy 2-3 everytime and I think I have close to every single collection Watterson.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is fucking awesome (I can't remember if you're quoting me on the novel or the comic here). The best PKD books are the aforementioned, The Man in the High Castle, and A Scanner Darkly.

The comic of Do Androids.. is pretty wicked. Much more faithful to the book than Blade Runner was. Don't get me wrong, I love Blade Runner, but it is really an adaptation with its own separate aesthetic and concepts.

The comic seems pretty remarkable. I hope to score in bulk or collected, when there is a sizable body available.

I've been lost in the Bronze and Silver ages lately, building up my House of Mystery and House of Secrets collection. The omnibuses for those titles are just too lackluster. Wrightson, Kirby, and Toth are the only regular artists who really shine in b/w.

I'm amazed at some of the cover-art subtext of the '60s. Actually, subtext isn't even the word for bikini-clad lasses roped down by midgets, or with sharks about to strike between their spread legs. I've started picking up high-grade copies of some of these subversive/pervy covers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

5193AMPY5HL._SS500_.jpg

Best 70's mainstream stuff I've come across. Wow. The dialogue is a bit time-stamped in that it is all exclamatory, but is otherwise excellent. Christ, the Spectre is a stone cold killer in these tales.

• 3 weeks later...

astro_city.jpg

Just finished Astro City. Really enjoyed it, would love to hear any recommendations you guys have on other comics that take sort of extraordinary situations and inject a lot of real life, every day emotion.

If anyone reading this isn't familiar... I would compare it to Watchmen I guess. Astro City essentially takes this generic superhero world much like the Marvel universe and delves into the personal feelings and emotions of some of the characters.

4507133040_c9c7106706_o.jpg

Fuuuu....this is about to be re-launched (lol pun). With color. I don't know if any of you like King City. I myself do not. Multiple Warheads was an outstanding flash-in-the-pan though. Can't wait.

Just started The Walking Dead and DMZ. Downloaded Y: The Last Man, Kick-Ass, Sandman, and Akira since I've never read the manga (or any manga).

I was really into X-Men as a kid, but only really read the comics in spurts. I fell off comics a little while after Ultimates started. I read Watchmen again before the movie came out and got hooked again. I'm kinda scared to try any Marvel stuff now though without feeling lost. Any Marvel shit I can dive into?

Just started The Walking Dead and DMZ. Downloaded Y: The Last Man, Kick-Ass, Sandman, and Akira since I've never read the manga (or any manga).

I was really into X-Men as a kid, but only really read the comics in spurts. I fell off comics a little while after Ultimates started. I read Watchmen again before the movie came out and got hooked again. I'm kinda scared to try any Marvel stuff now though without feeling lost. Any Marvel shit I can dive into?

Kinda like me but quit in the 90s... and gotback a few yrs ago... I tried getting into Marvel but did get lost... Get Daredevil from Bendis' run onwards, get Cap by Brubaker and Ennis' Punisher... I tried to do the X-titles again and stated with Astonishing but that really didn't deliver... the rest of the titles suffer from the reason I dumped 'em a decade ago i.e. silly cross-overs with an endless cast written/drawn by subpar creators resulting in poor character development and reptetitititive scenario's. Don't even fuckin try and get into the Avengers plots...

DUM, Agents of Atlas has been incredible, both the miniseries and the cancelled series (not to mention their team-ups and backup stories). They'll soon be reloaded in the title Atlas. I can't recommend this enough, it's just brilliant. Jeff Parker is imo Marvel's heaviest hitter, and I think they know it too. Definitely sleeper talent here.

Best part about it for you is that it isn't tied to any continuity or huge crossovers.