Dior Homme F/W '07-'08

Analog

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its a very interesting line to say the least. i love a lot of the jackets and i must admit, after seeing yohji's line I am feeling the styling of the trouser/black boots. Its an interesting mix visually. I dont think its anything I could do personally but I appreciate it from an observational standpoint.

one thing i get from this line....and the number (n)ine line is that they pieces dont seem like dior to me. I cant tell if that is a good thing or not....and considering im still very un-knowledgable when it comes to this stuff I could be wrong but it just doesnt seem like Dior Homme.

Im interested to see how some of this stuff is worn by the piblic.

one thing i get from this line....and the number (n)ine line is that they pieces dont seem like dior to me. I cant tell if that is a good thing or not....and considering im still very un-knowledgable when it comes to this stuff I could be wrong but it just doesnt seem like Dior Homme.

Well, this collection doesn't seem like the Dior of the past 5 or so seasons which have been about Hedi taking his fascination with rock culture to the extreme, hence a lot of it being very derivative of already existent street stylings (f/w 06 is an exception)

I'd say it's a good thing, this feels like the Dior of old a bit more, where it's Hedi creating his own vision rather than lazily borrowing that of others. Looking at it again I'd give it a solid 7/10. Not bad, but not the best either.

i think its a very interesting line to say the least. i love a lot of the jackets and i must admit, after seeing yohji's line I am feeling the styling of the trouser/black boots. Its an interesting mix visually. I dont think its anything I could do personally but I appreciate it from an observational standpoint.

Im interested to see how some of this stuff is worn by the piblic.

www.wgsn.com - They have every outfit from all the shows in Paris. All the archives too.

Thanks for letting me know. I thought it was some kind of a site like that unfortunately. :(

Well, this collection doesn't seem like the Dior of the past 5 or so seasons which have been about Hedi taking his fascination with rock culture to the extreme, hence a lot of it being very derivative of already existent street stylings (f/w 06 is an exception)

I'd say it's a good thing, this feels like the Dior of old a bit more, where it's Hedi creating his own vision rather than lazily borrowing that of others. Looking at it again I'd give it a solid 7/10. Not bad, but not the best either.

thanks for the explination fade. Always on point with the knowledge

btw, my ratings of all the Dior collections just to put this one in perspective:

Solitaire: 10/10

Red/Boys Don't Cry: 9/10

Reflection: 10/10

Follow Me: 9/10

Luster: 9.5/10

Strip: 9/10

VotC: 8/10

S/S 05: 6.5/10 (based on runway alone, 7.5, but in person the stuff was like H&M)

F/W 05-06: 5/10

S/S 06: 5/10

F/W 06-07: 6.5/10

S/S 07: 6/10

and the new collection gets a 7...sooo best collection since VotC.

Mine:

Solitaire: 9/10

Red/Boys Don't Cry: 9/10

Reflection: 10/10

Follow Me: 9/10

Luster: 9.5/10

Strip: 9.5/10

VotC: 8.5/10

S/S 05: 6.5/10 (based on runway alone, 7.5, but in person the stuff was like H&M)

Everybody looks the same F/W 05-06: 6.5/10

The world was a mess but his hair was prefect S/S 06: 5/10

These Grey DaysF/W 06-07: 7/10

We look good together S/S 07: 7/10

F/W '07-'08: 8.5/10

i think for the more recent collections i factored in impressions after seein the clothes up front along with the runway images/styling...the fit/quality wasn't up to par for a lot of the newer stuff. my 7/10 rating for the new one also includes some anticipation for that, but if the craftsmanship goes back to VOTC levels in stores i will be pleasantly surprised. gotta get a suit from hedi's last collection!

and if Hedi is starting his Hedi Slimane label...you can pretty much expect he's gonna go all out with the worksmanship and be uncomprising as shit in prices.

the 'blood shot wound' shirt of boys don't cry alone gives it a 10/10.

this season didn't do much for me but it was better than hedi's previous incantations... though considering what certain other designers have to offer nowadays, i'll stick to collecting hedi's older shit... that is, until hedi's next big thing comes along.

i think for the more recent collections i factored in impressions after seein the clothes up front along with the runway images/styling...the fit/quality wasn't up to par for a lot of the newer stuff. my 7/10 rating for the new one also includes some anticipation for that, but if the craftsmanship goes back to VOTC levels in stores i will be pleasantly surprised. gotta get a suit from hedi's last collection!

and if Hedi is starting his Hedi Slimane label...you can pretty much expect he's gonna go all out with the worksmanship and be uncomprising as shit in prices.

Is this collection confirmed to be hedi's last?

Not to be flippant about actual whales here, but I tried on some Dior Homme things last time--size 44 Euro--and the fit was nothing like what a 44 should be; it was like wearing something in a 48, despite the protests of the salesperson saying it looked really "slim".

I replied: 'Perhaps your mirrors were culled from a Fun Fair'?

Personally, I think this is really mediocre, looking like something a talented Chinese local designer could come up with--certainly lacks the ingenuity of a Lesage embroidered blood-wound shirt or that Urban Warrior leather of past.

And considering that eLuxury is peddling insidiously awful Dior Homme leather goods and that I've seen 36 Waist Jeans, obviously the label is pandering to a common point here.

Not to be flippant about actual whales here, but I tried on some Dior Homme things last time--size 44 Euro--and the fit was nothing like what a 44 should be; it was like wearing something in a 48, despite the protests of the salesperson saying it looked really "slim".

I replied: 'Perhaps your mirrors were culled from a Fun Fair'?

Personally, I think this is really mediocre, looking like something a talented Chinese local designer could come up with--certainly lacks the ingenuity of a Lesage embroidered blood-wound shirt or that Urban Warrior leather of past.

And considering that eLuxury is peddling insidiously awful Dior Homme leather goods and that I've seen 36 Waist Jeans, obviously the label is pandering to a common point here.

His supply of baby food must have been tainted.

ROFLMAO :D

Love the trench. Like the brown suede/leather jacket. Underwhelmed by everything except the three button which i flat out hated. I'm shocked by the 7/10s people are giving this. Theres a level of excellence and cool that I'm used to from Hedi and this did not hit it for me.

a few things:

i think its true that the label is beginning to understand its ability to trick guys with 36 waists to wear the jeans that look horrible on them. But I don't think the cut has changed all that drastically, except for the pants being a bit fuller--Hedi's just layering the models more this season than he has in the pants, when it's usually been a single white button-front and a leather jacket, etc.

also, I thought the shoes were awful, the pants looked poorly made, the Pollock-style blazers look absurd, but I really thought some of the simpler and more classic jackets were fantastic.

nothing that amazing, however.

Is this collection confirmed to be hedi's last?

negotiations continue between hedi and lvmh to re-up. the sticking point continues to be hedi's womenswear conception. he's not going anywhere though...this from a pretty decent source. keep in mind he worked on a/w 2007 without contract for the last half of 2006. fade2black, post your impressions on watanabe's aw 07 in that thread, please. you seem to a view or two on rtw, which is never a bad thing.

a few things:

i think its true that the label is beginning to understand its ability to trick guys with 36 waists to wear the jeans that look horrible on them. But I don't think the cut has changed all that drastically, except for the pants being a bit fuller--Hedi's just layering the models more this season than he has in the pants, when it's usually been a single white button-front and a leather jacket, etc.

also, I thought the shoes were awful, the pants looked poorly made, the Pollock-style blazers look absurd, but I really thought some of the simpler and more classic jackets were fantastic.

nothing that amazing, however.

I thought otherwise, shoes and blazers were ok, I particularly like the grey blazer with black lapel. I guess the quality and construction remains to be seen...

YAWN YAWN YAWN

It is good that the cuts are fuller than previous seasons, but I feel like this specific collection is completely overrated. Yes, many of the pieces look good, but they're not all that interesting. I don't really see many things and think to myself, "wow, how did he think of something so amazing?" as I do with other lines like Lanvin and Alexander McQueen.

Is it just me, or does Dior Homme get progressively more gay trash with each season? Thankfully Hedi's moving away from the infinitely played-out rocker glam look a little bit, but still... I mean, spiked hair? Who does that anymore!?

just stumbled on this thread, a few things:

hells yeah that's like the first ever ethnic dude in a dior show with something other than pasty white skin! I was thinking the exact same thing.

With the exception of FW 06, this collection has been the least offensive of his collections in the past 2 years. Not saying I love it but at least he doesn't have women's dresses in it. I hate it when he goes androgynous, if you can even call it that. I don't think one has to venture into women's territory to make men's fashion exciting and new.

Where can I get the complete collections of his past years? I've seen some people post various pics but where are you getting them from?

hells yeah that's like the first ever ethnic dude in a dior show with something other than pasty white skin! I was thinking the exact same thing.

With the exception of FW 06, this collection has been the least offensive of his collections in the past 2 years. Not saying I love it but at least he doesn't have women's dresses in it. I hate it when he goes androgynous, if you can even call it that. I don't think one has to venture into women's territory to make men's fashion exciting and new.

Where can I get the complete collections of his past years? I've seen some people post various pics but where are you getting them from?

Best spot is GQStyle.com, they go all the way back to 03, I believe.

It seems to me an Asian person would have worked better than this particular model.

He looks a bit incroguous.