Dior Homme F/W '07-'08

Analog

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

00280mah9.jpg

00290mgr6.jpg00090mnh9.jpg00020mse4.jpg00070mid4.jpg00130msb4.jpg00160moc4.jpg00450mxc5.jpg

"Who can rationalize the laws of attraction? Sometimes Hedi Slimane gets it right; sometimes he leaves us scratching our heads. This season, the planets aligned. His band du jour, These New Puritans, provided a sound track that left one wanting more, their drummer George Barnett made for a much more appealing muse than Pete Doherty, and their home, the British town of Southend, provided a rich seam of inspiration for a collection that roamed confidently across the terrain of English youth cults. Southend was one of the spiritual homes of mod, and that immaculate legacy lingered in neat little Crombie coats and trenches, striped mohair sweaters, and a cropped leather pea coat."

— Tim Blanks

i just saw the collection in what i think is its entirety...it feels like Calvin Klein mixed with some Yohji, but filtered through a Dior Homme lens. It seems the defining cut for this season is the 3 button suit...i personally liked Dior's 2-buttons best, but at least it's not the 4, 5-button wacky experiments of SS 06...definitely a lot of Calvin Klein-ish feel in the black/white print tops...i said Yohji because of the way the pants seem to be styled, it's a lot of black high top boots with trousers stopping just at the top of the boots. Some of the pant silhouettes feel really Yohji (i.e. that 'dangling' feel)...don't know if it'll end up that way in stores, probably not. Also the knitwear, i think i saw a cardigan/zip up looking piece that looked like some kind of worn in wool that had a yohji/comme feel to it. The glittery pieces are reminiscent of Comme.

i'd give the collection a 6.5 or 7/10.

looking again, the boots look a LOT like Yohji's Docs....there's a classic DH style trench in there.

My favorite pieces are the black overcoats, 3/4 length and worn with collars flipped up. although come next fall if i am in the market for a coat like that i'll be looking at YY instead.

just moving my posts to the right thread :D

I love most of the collection. It's black, there´re boots, some draping, a lot of nice layering etc. Well, this is really good. Maybe the best since strip IMO.

And I LOVE the overlong sleeves, but yes, it´s get irritating sometimes, but it´s worth it. ;)

Derivative--and they seem to cater to a fatter crowd now.

I actually laughed out loud at this. Are you serious? Not to derail this thread but the models this year look a lot healthier than past Dior Homme runway shows but they are in no way 'fat'. Wow. lol

Back on topic; I happen to really enjoy this collection. I agree with FTB about it looking a little Yohji-esque with the trouser cuts but I think it works well with the layering and I for one will be looking forward to purchasing some trousers come Fall. I really like some of the coats and the triangle print jacket is especially nice.

Derivative--and they seem to cater to a fatter crowd now.

I actually agree. Obviously the models aren't fatter but the styles aren't dictated purely by a slim figure as they have been. Which i think destroys the whole niche DH really fuelled.

Cashed up skinny guys wearing DH i could handle but cashed up fattys... I dont know about that.

is hedi NOT wearing converse for once!?

noticed the same thing.

It's not bad at all, I'm just glad its nowhere near as androgynous as the last 2 collections, I couldn't handle that shit.

Was really waiting for this show and was expecting much worse, so I'm pleasantly surprised, but not entirely pleased.

No matter how hard I try to, I can't imagine someone fatter than the usual DH crowd wearing any of these pieces. The silhouette might be not as thin, but the fact is it's still tailored for skinny guys.

Overall an impressive collection, probably best since VotC... (which doesn't say much)

(Overall somewhat agree with ftb2)

the collection is pretty much under the weather for me compared to this years other collections. its seems like i have seen the lowest of dior. yes, i like a few pieces but its not that appealing to me anymore. the cuts are outrageous and kinda loose. its not generally for the "slim" anymore. anyway, i like the peacoat,three-piece suits and the trainers but that's about it. a 5/10 for this collection

superfuturians wield the term 'fat' around loosely because the majority of us are what, under a 30 inch waist? everyone is fat in our eyes!

i love love love that geometric blazer.

hmm, weird. I would have pegged the average at 31-32.

Actually, the waist size poll placed 30 as the median waist... 28-32 seems to be the norm, with a smattering of 26 and 34+