Things you Love

Charlie Delta

conducting an imaginary orchestra while listening to beethoven's 9th and stravinsky's rite of spring

making annoying, grating robot noises on my violin

reading on buses with my legs propped up against the seat in front

sniffing my denim

stacking books/cds/used paper/anything flat and stackable up in neat piles and moving them around the room

...not that weird am i

I love hidden college bathrooms that only 1% of the school knows about, and you could casually take a massive shits and not to worry that somebody pissed on the seat or multiple people inside and having the discomfort of going diarrehea.

Man this is so real! I used to search out all the great bathrooms at my school in HI, those were the days.

Also,

- Okonomiyaki (kansai style)

- Simulteaneously climaxing with someone you love.

- When ppl that have no clue about clothes start asking you, "What kind of X is that?"

- Hauling ass through traffic on my bike.

- Getting extremely sideways in a powerful car.

- when the plane touches down in a palce that Ive never been b4.

- yoga

Oh, and Ahlvahroe Im totally with you on the ass thing, breasts are insignificant in comparisson to the all mighty ass.

I love feeling fit, everynow and again a hill will feel easier to ride and a track will be totally tamed and shredded, all my limbs feel alive my brain sharp and I have so much zap and zing, I actually get surprised and wonder how much more energy I have to expend, just to much zap! Really excites me, I get it more from mountain biking rather than going to the gym. As im 22 now this will probably happen less and less from now on but god it feels good. I also really love my girl, im a soppy sod, i know, but I feel really lucky to have met her, shes perfect and I love her.

I also love the mystique of denim, going through this fiasco with the 868s, sending 2000db the money knowing full well its a big gamble on if he can even get them or not, buying jeans based on some random pictures, so much fun!

I love the thought of having a house, all my books in one place ahhhhh! What a thought, just putting shelves up and having a library of all my cds, dvds, books, magazines etc etc and a nice wardrobe with wooden hangers mmmmm....

I also love playing certain riffs, and that moment when the band sound really good and I glance at the singer and we are both so surprised and know exactly what each other is thinking.

The Isle of Skye, the sea at quiberon, fresh langoustine, tea....

Clean hotel rooms

little titties

situps (100) everyday will make you feel bulletproof

fresh underwear

dogs

freshly mowed grass

the beach at sunrise before all the townies get there

I love my jeans but I love my vintage khaki collection just as much

antiques

guns and knives

Panama

Greek food

humble confidence

lakehouse

all the names for different shit on the Sopranos ( like "piece of deal")

Napalm, when applied properly prevents sunburn

viv's list was a good one...

-I have had a long-term obsession with the Shibuya 109/S-Cawaii type of girls; dumb as hell, tanned, big dyed hair, groomed and preened, big French purse hanging off the bent of the elbow, and fairly entertaining for a night out or encounter. I'm slowly getting over that recently but it may be something I can't knock completely.

-Well-designed furniture and home stuff; someday when I am a homeowner, I want to be like my dad; the guy who lets his friends come over and sit in his Eames chair. If money were no object I'd probably be in Stockholm and Amsterdam every month picking up curiosities.

-Cooking up elaborate meals for no reason other than to eat and make eating worth it. Most times, my female houseguests are so elated that they'll pull out their digital camera and take a snap of my creations before digging in, Asian college girl behavior normally reserved for restaurants. SInce college I have loved going around town in the day, blowing like $200 on groceries, and cooking up multi-dish feasts for my friends, like 8 or 10 people sitting down together for a meal, drinks and food all night.

I cook a big meal for guests at least once a week still. I'm excited by the prospect of having my own kids and impressing the hell out of their little friends when they come over.

-I love April weather in Asia; I can keep my windows open all day and night, I love the rain, flower petals and scents are carried in the wind and you look like you're snowed on with cherry blossoms. College girls in miniskirts come out, I can ditch the jackets and coats and never wait in hour-long coat check lines at clubs or worry about forgetting it at some bar, and all is perfect. I get loved in return during most Aprils, definitely my season for love.

-My parents, who've never failed me and are probably the coolest people I know. They always do things the right way and know how to have a good time.

-my own good luck, which swoops in and brings me out what I think to be hard times once in awhile and makes everything golden...

Thanks dismal, I thought my list was a bit soppy, I looked back and thought I should have just said-

raw denim

cashmere

coppin' bape

cordovans

etc

dismal- you sound like your at the same point as me, doing uni but itchin to get out into the real world and live like a gentleman, good food, house etc etc, id love to have my own kitchen and library. I dont care too much for ferraris but it would be nice to be able buy quality clothes and food and fill a house with nice furniture and books. Food is sooo important, eatin well is important, rather cooking and eating meals with nice people etc...

I also really love rain and storms and heatwaves, I think im hyper sensitive to the weather some days im stiff depressed and cant look at the sky or get out of bed, other days I wake early, jump up and feel so alert and sharp, its not seasonal its something to do with weather. Maybe its a primal reaction, getting food and home safe before the storm, then sleeping through the rain, I dunno.

Another thing im getting a kick from is finding pennys, I have to pick them up, its a bit weird but I feel guilty like im tempting fate if I dont, its such a good feeling to find a 2p or a 5p.

Have to admit that brand new socks fresh out the bag are by far the best/simplest pleasure in life. Like walking on little pillows all day.

Chips & Salsa from an authentic mexican restaruant.

Waking up in a good mood (very seldom--mornings suck)

Hearing a new song (or specifically a new drum break) that I've never heard before and is so good that it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

-My lady

-Rickard's Red (responsibly)

-Red Tabs on jeans other than Levis

-Going faster on objects like bikes and skis faster than the speed limit on the highway

-My family and friends (sounds cheasy, but the older I get, I realize the luck of having good ones)

-Working with kids

-Good beat and a nice harmony (Dan Bern)

• 3 months later...

- making a huge breakfast when i have time... it's just such a great way to start a day and even if its not as good as at a restaurant, it just feels so much better

- ex-girlfriends that aren't bitches... i cheated on this one girl a while back and we broke up, but we still meet as friends. I think I'm the only guy who doesn't mind hearing "we can still be friends"

- going to sleep slightly drunk... that tingly feeling throughout the body is great

- taking a bus somewhere and being there 30 minutes early and just walking around the city aimlessly for those 30 minutes

- the 3 or 4 days in a relationship where you're not actually "together" yet but both know it and just feel great

• Waffles with banana and maple syrup
  • Morning sea breeze in North Sydney
  • Karaoke
  • On the beach at Bondi, Coogee, or Manly beach.
  • Slurpees
  • Cupcakes
  • GPS
  • Driving in short durations

• the scent of ocean in the morning.
  • kissing between words.
  • the day after laundry day.
  • riding my bike down the hill listening to like a rolling stone by dylan.
  • self efficiency.

i have a whole section on my facebook and it mostly has to do with

girls.

but i also like the Juelz Dip Dip

Santana Set Set.

where we grip grip,

tec tecs,

who you wit wit,

throw up your set

SPECTACULAR, YES.

mmmmm hmmm.