restaurant recommendations in philly

i second monk's too. amazing mussels and fries for really good prices

the caribou cafe is a french place with a pretty cheap price fix, i've never been but a friend of mine loves it... it hasn't been reviewed well online though

bookbinders is pretty cheap seafood, and philadelphia fish co. is alright too

there's a greek place right on south street that pretty good too, i can't remember the name of it but you can't miss it, it's all greeked out in white and blue

but if you ever have a real special occassion, go to le bec fin. best meal i've ever had, completely worth it

EDIT: stay away from the five spot http://www.nbc10.com/news/10921480/detail.html

• 3 weeks later...

MONKS!

great suggestion

horizons cafe is a great vegan restaurant-------really very good.

611 South 7th St., Philadelphia, PA 19147. 215-923-6117

beau monde is a delicious crepery

www.creperie-beaumonde.com

624 S 6th St

Philadelphia, PA 19147

(215) 592-0656

if you are more specific with your likes/dislikes, i'm sure we could all be more helpful

are you just looking for dinner places? b/c brunch is another matter entirely

[/size]

Wawa is the illest for sure.

I also recommend any of the food trucks on UPenn's campus. Especially those by the medical center area. Delicious eats for way cheap.

I really liked Morimoto's and Buddakan... Blue Angel and the Continenta were meh for me. Pod is a nice place for dessert/drinks.

Le Bec Fin of course is top of the line... never ate there but it's a jacket/tie kind of french joint. They have an upstairs restaurant whose name I now forget that is somewhat lower-scale than Le Bec Fin but nice. Good for lunch and won't break the bank.

• 1 month later...
Pseudo thread-jack: fellow Philly dwellers, where do you go for wings? I've got a friend who swears by Moriarty's, which is solid, but they've never really blown me away.

I'm wondering the same thing.

from most people i hear moriarty's which are decent but i'm from northern pa originally and the best wings i've had here are comparable to the crappy wings back home.

avoid wawa.. their food is so gross and their subs are horrible

sheetz>wawa

Damned fool. Wawa reigns supreme. I need a half gallon of iced tea, not a gelato. I need a pizza pretzel, not an entire pizza made how I want it.

I suggested it in another thread but for amazing authentic mexican food head to La Lupe on 9th next to Geno's. You know any place that gives you a radish and a cucumber as a side what you ordered MUST be good, since that's all they can rely on.

• 4 weeks later...