Westbrook

Mac or PC?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Mac or PC?

• Mac
    • PC
    • Both
    • Neither

It's a lot more than the 'quality' of the hardware, and FWIW I have plenty of anecdotes that are opposite to yours. OS X doesn't run on Dells or Gateways, and it's more than worth the apple tax for me to not have to use Windows.

Oh, and the mac laptop range are more than competitive when compared to PCs.

i'm sure you have plenty of anecdotes. When has anyone been persuaded to go from Mac to PC. That's certainly not what i'm trying to get at, the thing I'm trying to get at is the the fact that people really still hang on to the old classic mac myths on reasons why they use a mac. If you like macs that's fine, I'm not going to hold a gun to your head to have you convert...but the excuse that "it's so much easier" it's virus free, etc, etc...has become so ingrained in this herd mentality that people don't even bother asking what else? There are so many things wrong with pc's/microsoft, but then again, there are so many things wrong with mac's. No one ever seems to address these issues, they just buy mac's because the heard it's "idiot proof"....give me a mac, i'll break it in 5 minutes. And to bring light into what you say about OSX not running on PC's, it's because there isn't a need for it.....obviously you bought a mac to use OSX to your advantage, so why bother making software to run on PC's? The reason people run window's on Mac's is because they still need windows for some reason....It's a heated debate....and never would i try and convert a Mac user to the PC side, but just don't buy a computer based on ads with moronic actors and hip music...

i couldn't possibly agree with poly any more on the issue.

the fact is that, at this stage, whether or not you choose Macs or PCs has really come down to -gasp!- personal preference, rather than hardware/software issues and

what you intend to use a computer for. Is the music I produce on PCs somehow inferior to music produced on a Mac, simply because I'm on a different platform? Considering the processing power I'd get out of a PC for a certain price compared to the power I'd get out of a Mac, I feel much better about working on a PC.

I actually don't own and plan on never owning an Apple product in my life. I just don't like the company as a whole...

I switched to a mac, a power book g4 just because most security tools are available as precompiled binaries. And I have had nothing but problems with the hardware. These things are poorly designed, well the g4 powerbook anyways. It overheats like crazy, sent it to apple and tekserve like 3 times for fan, board, cdrom drive replacements. Replacing bad hard drive on my own required removing over 35 screws with like 5 different sizes and shapes(torx, flat, philips), removing the keyboard, and bottom case. Most windows laptops required removing a single screw. Also my keyboard kept rubbing against the screen, and the solution was the put rubber tacks on the corners of the monitor. I still love the os though.

Mac user..

occasionally I still use PC's.

my one big beef about PC's is that older machines become so obsolete more quickly. I don't even want to know if and how my PC would run Vista.

whereas I have a g4 ti powerbook that runs tiger pretty much flawlessly.

i also have a Imac G5

they both have their places, but for what I use a computer for a majority of the time (internetz, photos, video, music) the apple is just so much easier to work with..

Can't beat mac for design apps and the OS but II do wish they had more games.

you can totally beat mac for design apps with well set-up PC. totally can.

the whole "creative people use Macs and business people use PCs" argument

is total B.S.

i think more developers are looking into releasing games on Mac platforms as

more people start to use Macs... should be interesting to see how that affects

gaming in the future.

pcfe0.jpgmacyy9.jpg

Who is more annoying?

the mac guy is way more fucking annoying to me on so many levels.

friggin pseudo-hipster, i take photos of my dick and photoshop them into art, i make time-lapse videos of the view from my window for my blog, i use garageband to make shitty music, itunes sells me shitty quality music that i love, ERGHGH!!!!

at least the dell dude was just a regular potsmoking kid like any other, not a fucking actor dickface.

god i hate apple.

the fat businessguy in those mac commercials was a better character than junebug smugglefucks up there.

the fat businessguy in those mac commercials was a better character than junebug smugglefucks up there.

His name is John Hodgman, and he's actually a great writer and sometimes-featured NPR commentator. I highly recommend his new book and if you can find any audio of his radio stuff, also very interesting.

would definitely go for mac if i could, but i'm forced to use a pc due to the lack of 3d modelling stuff on macs... macs are much more stylish and functional imho...the only thing i can do is edit the desktop of winXP to make it look like panther, hehehe...:)