Hair Products

Anton

051222_01_01.jpg

Just bought this gatsby. The best hair wax ever (well, I'd suck some Ds for Arimino

Spice Sisters hair wax but that shit is impossible to get).

This wax is called power graphite

You can do anything you want with your hair. messy, mullet, and etc.

my hair even held up well after running 5 miles

where do you buy your Gatsby stuff in NYC? JAS mart?

i'm interested in where to buy gatsby in nyc as well, the stuff i use now gives my hair a sorta glossy look. i'd much prefer a matte look.

i bought the black wax mat one at JAS mart on st marks, but i didnt see any moving rubber there.

might wanna try out moving rubber and see how it compares to the ordinary black one

CVS my man. hahah.

I usually go in with my girl, she buys her usual stuff and i just pocket that. No problems whatsoever.

I figure if it was ever brought to my attention that i'm stealing a $20 hair product from an employee, i'd turn it around on them so fast and question there audacity to assume i'd steal something as measly as $20 hahahahaha.

Ok so i used the gatsby 'grundge mat' moving rubber wax today. Apologies for not the best quality picture.

gatsbydw8.jpg

I finished it with hairspray to give it a stronger hold.

wow! i loove your hair man! how did you do it ? do u blowdry first ? do you pick and twist your hair one by one ? how long did it take you ? nice,..:)

google gatsby tv. they got some tutorial as to how to do your hair like the japanese style...

i use Gatsby clay too, but that stuff is way too hard to wash off. I use fiber wax, is not as strong of a hold, and i have to fix it up every few hours, but is way easier to wash off....

wow! i loove your hair man! how did you do it ? do u blowdry first ? do you pick and twist your hair one by one ? how long did it take you ? nice,..:)

thanks! Main points are: wash > blowdry > coat hair with wax and get the shape > get little more wax to define points. e.g. twisting.

tip: don't overload your hair with wax, because it will get heavy and the hold will be weaker.

gray moving rubber is good if your hair is moderately long.

spiky edge would work for everybody.

one thing i realized a few months ago.

hairwax is useless unless you blow dry your hair.

like i've always been wondering why i keep getting pwn3d by hair waxes

but using a 10 dollar hair dryer from target solved my problems.

it's 50x times easier to style your hair.

by blowdrying, you will be able to pull off tricks like air, lift, shake, and other assorted styling BS.

heres a few i've tried over the past few years

the one on the bottom left corner is probably the easiest to use

02-06-07_1921.jpg

hey..how do u like the uno product?

i saw them in HK but i didnt buy them...i regret not picking all the uno waxes offered because they were only 32HK dollars each...the moving rubber was 45

grunge mat moving rubber and got2b glued hairspray to get a strong hold

dsc00154mx5.jpg

heres a pic from yesterday when my hair is a little longer

dsc00253hj2.jpg

i have only tried the spikey edge (red) and grunge mat (gray) moving rubber... havent opened the other ones yet

Hmm, we used to have similar hairstyles.

28563595848660lnq1.jpg

Over a year ago, using clay

looks good man!

im growing my hair out right now for my bros wedding in august... i cut my hair short for my HK trip because its too humid there to have long hair

I've seen the light.

Hair straighteners!

I have the most thick, wavly-when-long meditteranean hair their is, but after thinning it, I straightened it and I looked Asian! how cool. I've been told to do this for ages to get the rigth matt look but i never thought it'll be this easy, I only use a tiny bit of clay now, whereas before it was quite a fucking lot!

Might be old news for some, still, its a revelation for me.

ahah, that grey moving rubber is matte indeed. btw, pokpok i just want to know is it more matte than sebastian xtah clay ? how about the red and purple moving rubber ? are they shiny ?

i never used sebastian xtah clay so im not sure : (

havent tried the purple but ive been using the red one before i bought gray moving rubber...the red holds a lot stronger and its not shiny...but the gray one makes the hair look dry, more so then the red moving rubber if u know what i mean lol.

Has anyone tried the Green Gatsby Moving Rubber 'Air Rise'?

I recently purchased this online and it seems from various sources that this one doesn't seem to be as popular/effective in comparison to the other types. What are your thoughts?