Hair Products

Anton

i think im loosing my hair slowly. each time i shampoo (which is everyday;can't stand not washing my hair when i use hair products) a few strands always fall out.

im bound to bald (my dad and my grandfathers are bald), but fuck i wanna prevent this shit. what to dooooooo

i think im loosing my hair slowly. each time i shampoo (which is everyday;can't stand not washing my hair when i use hair products) a few strands always fall out.

im bound to bald (my dad and my grandfathers are bald), but fuck i wanna prevent this shit. what to dooooooo

If it's only a few strands, that's normal. You shed hair daily. The product you put in your hair is holding the hair in place that should have been shedded naturally. However, if you're getting clumps every once in awhile, welcome to having a chrome dome.

If it's only a few strands, that's normal. You shed hair daily. The product you put in your hair is holding the hair in place that should have been shedded naturally. However, if you're getting clumps every once in awhile, welcome to having a chrome dome.

ok when that happens imma start using rogaine

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using a combination of Bumble and Bumble creme de coco shampoo and conditioner and after using (and been very happy with) sumotech and L'oreal satin hairspray. Although I rebelled before, I would like a product that gives a little bit more shine (although not much, I chose these products because they are not shiny) and do not know which product would be better to change out for my wavy hair that I try to keep down and managed. Which should I change, or should I add a new product all together.

I particularly like the amount of hold I get form sumotech and it is a wonderful product. The L'oreal satin keeps my hair soft and works very well too.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anything like Layrite that isnt going to start running down my face halfway through the day?  Even in the winter - come 3-4 o'clock I have a thin sheen of the stuff on my cheeks, jaw etc.  Same problem with Cool Grease (Japanese pomade), and Murrays (takes longer to start running).  I have a slicked back 70/30 split mens haircut and very soft straight hair so need something pretty strong to keep things in place.

Honestly, Layrite is great but Im surprised at how little people comment on the running problem - its hard to see but feels pretty gross -I have use a wet cloth to wipe my face a few times a day to feel comfortable.  Looks great though.

try a 'dry' product like uppercut featherweight or matt clay - it won't work for slicked back hairstyles, but if you're having so many problems with traditional pomade's then they obviously aren't suited to your hair/skin/whatever.

If you're on a budget, Murrays beeswax cream gives really nice hold and still washes out in the shower.

Only $3.50 for 6oz

• 2 weeks later...

went to my barber for a featherweight re-up but he was sold out so i gave baxter clay pomade a go. its a bit too heavy for me (i don't have super thick hair these days), so i might try the pomade cream next - i presume it will be more similar to featherweight. he's going to start stocking imperial in a month or so (first stockist in australia) so that'll be interesting to try as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone use Shiner Gold Pomade? My barber in Seoul styled my hair after a cut with it and I've been using it for the past 3 months and love it. It's $35/tin in Seoul so I just had my friend buy 4 from the States and bring it to me. I believe they're $12/tin there. 

Great coconut like smell, pretty strong hold, and washes out with ease. 

127308-612x612-1.png

This is some good stuff, put it in your hair dry and you get a bit of shine and good hold, smells like candy.

I just got some of this the other day. I really like it. I hadn't used much product before, but it's pretty easy to get the hang of using.

I've found that if you put a dab in your palm then get a drop or two of water on your fingers you can work it into dry hair much easier. It's pretty sticky but it has a good shine without looking too greasy

• 2 weeks later...

Suavecito makes great great stuff.  In my opinion their regular pomade is as good if not better than layrite's for half the price.  Also picked up their brilliantcreme and it's exactly what Ive been looking for.  Keeps hair back loosely without slicking it back and giving you that greaser look

I have tried suavecito, layrite (both) and feel they are too hard on my hair still have it is put in. Anything softer that can still hold its shape? I like the way my hair is when damp but of course when it dries out it looses all texture/shape and becomes a puff. 

I was considering a spray. Someone said you can just make a salt spray at home. 

Any better suggestions? 

kevin murphy has a product called hair resort you might be into.

i never used it but i use the night rider styling paste and it's hands down the best for me.  i don't have the same haircut as the rest of you though..

Edited by Sean9

Anyone care to comment on imperial classic vs gel vs fiber? Would like to try, but classic seems to have too strong of a hold.

Ended up getting both to try out. Classic is better for super tight slickbacks and sideparts, esp when your hair gets longer. Fiber is better for shorter styles in general, and can be used with blowdrying to give a loose texturized look.

Toasty, you should try Fiber. Good hold while still soft on the hair.

I can't honestly say I've a) found a product that I've been 100% satisfied with and B) found a barbers I've been 100% satisfied with either. My hair is thick, course, wavy, and in general wants to do its own #%&€ thing. Just got my hair cut the other day (no guard on sides, 0.5" off the top), and still ain't 100% happy with it. Because my hair is so thick, I usually find the thicker the product, the harder it is to style, takes a huge amount of effort just to get my product-filled-hand from one end of my head to the other, hence why I use creams / pastes / putty's etc that seem to be alot thinner. My hair not tampered with;

null-40.jpg

null-41.jpg

styled;

null-39.jpg

Thinking about getting this product?

null-37.jpg

Anybody any better suggestions? Also, in terms of shampoo's & conditioners for thick hair that needs constantly moisturised, anybody any ideas?

Imperial Fiber Pomade is the best in my opinion. It has a nice matte look, keeps a 24 hour hold and smells great.

My question for the thick and medium to long hair length folks, what brush do you guys use? A generic drug store one?

Kent.