Hair Products

Anton

Guest INDIGO QUEEN

My hair tends to frizz in the damp, but Loreal Oleo Relax soon sorts that out

Sadly it very expensive and I'd rather buy clothes, so I mainly use Aussie Frizz Remedy and Loreal Blonde Conditioning treatment.

My hair is in great condition so I must be doing something right!!

Edited by INDIGO QUEEN

and use it on dry hair. I like the matte finish, but after a while my hair will go flat. I want something to hold the shape longer and while I ride my bike (my hair goes to a fro after) with a matte finish.

Just use hair spray. Srunch it into your fingers and work through your hair, then work a dime sized drop of wax through to even out the shape and hair spray for finish.

Probably might not want to use too much of that Gatsby stuff since more you use,the heavier and more limp your hair becomes. Just stick to using fingertip sized amounts till you get the hold you want.

Less is more.

Tonic Lotion is nice but pricey, and there are many ways to get that style w/o Bumble & Bumble products.

IMO new gatbsy multi-form is cheap and combined with a good spray is good for slickbacks,quiffs etc.

mr_multi1.jpg

This dude basically covers it. He's not using a lot of wax, but sufficient hairpsray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2sTkbQF6Oo

Of course another way is to use pomade, but I'm not a fan of shine.

Edited by DJ_Flame

Oh yea just ordered these, will post a review once I get them in the mail since there is some interest on how well hairbond products works.

This site has lots of saloon products for cheap with free shipping. Knock yourselves out. http://www.lookmantastic.com/home.dept

10576666-1342781964-614709.png10547475-1319727437-60304.jpg

Edited by DJ_Flame

you guys may think i'm crazy, but i've been trying to move to natural products - commercial products generally contain a ton of ingredients that hurt the health of ones hair

. i currently have longer hair, and use unrefined shea butter as a wax..

use 100% virgin coconut oil the night before washing to soften up my hair..

my hair has never been so healthy and strong after going down this path

there is a forum called the long hair community where people are obsessed about hair as this community is about clothing - tons of good stuff in there..

kirinuki_06_re.jpg

Been using this stuff. Got it from a shop on my travels in Tokyo. Gives a good hold, and its relatively easy to work with, as advertised it is completely matte, meaning there is no shine. The hold is good, although over time tends to soften and go limp. The hairspray I'm using is UNO by Shiseido 'Super Hard Spray', which although does give a relative amount of hold, is not very good.

Alright, got a question.

I've got thick, straight and soft hair and have been growing it out for awhile. I'm going for that long pushed-back style that Christian Bale has, like this, or like he has it as Bruce Wayne. I've been messing around with BB sumowax and blow drying but wondering if there's another product or technique I should be using to achieve a similar style. As well, is there something I should be telling my barber next time I go for a clean-up?

Alright, got a question.

I've got thick, straight and soft hair and have been growing it out for awhile. I'm going for that long pushed-back style that Christian Bale has, like this, or like he has it as Bruce Wayne. I've been messing around with BB sumowax and blow drying but wondering if there's another product or technique I should be using to achieve a similar style. As well, is there something I should be telling my barber next time I go for a clean-up?

nice hairstyle..

i had the patrick bateman/bruce wayne slicked back look for a while.

you need decent lenght on top and on the sides and back..i would print out a few pictures and bring them in...and choose the best hair stylist or barber you can

i suppose the trick is to use a product that doesnt look too greasy, but gives you a bit of hold. after reading i did abotu hair care, i'm into the gentle/less is more apprroach for healthy hair - so if you can avoid blow drying you may be better off.

for combing your hair back, use a bbb (boar bristle brush) and brush gently and not too often

you can try using unrefined shea butter, but only a TINY bit (a pea sized amount for the length in the picture you showed) - apply after a shower while hair is damp, will give a bit of hold and texture

otherwise a paste or wax would work - i dont have any great suggestions though sorry

Edited by jsky808080

So I've been using the hairbond moulder & distorter for a week now, here are my reviews.

10547475-1319727437-60304.jpg

Distorter:

Similar to Sebastian's Craft clay, but cheaper, easier to apply and wash off. It melts and spreads well in my palms, unlike other clays where you really have to rub your palms together to ensure even distribution.

Great for layered or disheveled styles and bangs, like what those brit rock indie band hairstyles.

Only drawback is hold. If you want an all day hold, need to combine with hairspray (although IMO for brit rock styles, minimal hairspray is preferred. It will look more natural and un-forced)

10576666-1342781964-614709.png

Moulder:

I was quite eagerly anticipating this after seeing all the online reviews. Honestly, its good. Real good. If you want to get that matte male model quiff hairdo on the runway, this will help a lot.

Let's see. Completely matte, decent hold, really easy to spread and distribute into my palms (was surprised by this, usually similar products are much "harder" and more "solid"), and if applied in proper amounts essentially makes your hair look like nothing was in it.

For the male model quiff, please use with hairspray. Else, Moulder itself is enough.

If I had to pick one, I would go with Moulder. Combined it with spray for quiffs, used it on its own for lazy days where I just do a side-swept fringe. Also, decent pricing too.

Edited by DJ_Flame

Isn't really evan's method, was mistaken, he was talking about baking soda and apple cider vinger.

For olive oil, it acts more as a conditioner, so you don't need any product, the oil sitting on your hair makes it easier to style.

http://www.naturally...ve-oil-for-hair

Sounds good but I dont' subscribe to it b/c

- I have a sensitive scalp and forehead...once I went for basketball practice with product in my hair and it caused scalp acne (ugh). A coat of oil constantly on my scalp seems like trouble.

- I live in Singapore where it's hot and humid = constant sweat = oil in my hair would be a bacteria factory

- Seems like it would be better suited to longer caucasian hair with some wave/curl in it. I have regular straight chinese hair. Basically would be great for hair in my archer profile pic, but otherwise nah.

My indian friend uses olive oil and he's able to get that christian bale do easy, but his hair texture is way different from mine.

Hope it helped.

P.S Gel and hairspray is now holy grail status. So easy to apply and so cheap.

Edited by DJ_Flame

Has anyone used this site before? How does the conversion work between euros and dollars?

http://www.lookmanta...l/10532776.html

I cut my hair recently and it kinda looks like this and Ive been using Gatsby mat type stylingwax, which does not get the job done. The problem with it Gatsby is that it doesnt hold and I have to touch it up every now and then but every time my hands get greasy/oily from touching it up and that transfers from anything I touch afterwards (ie. steering wheel). Ive also tried layrite pomade but I definitely dont want the shine that comes with it but it definitely held better than the Gatsby. Will the Hairbond moulder be a good replacement got the Gatsby wax?

sb_MEN_John_01_380x520.jpg

Edited by noobedloser

• 2 weeks later...

Ive also tried layrite pomade but I definitely dont want the shine that comes with it but it definitely held better than the Gatsby. Will the Hairbond moulder be a good replacement got the Gatsby wax?

1. Apply gel on top and sides of slightly dry hair.

2. Blow-dry, preferably with a brush (kinda hard to explain this, just youtube and you see what I mean)

3. Your hair should now be a mess of strands pointing upwards and sideways. Apply Moulder and use fingers to shape.

4. Finish with hair spray

With practice takes me 10-12 minutes. I have untameable, unruly hair that just flops downwards and refuses to stay up, so using gel and blowdrying is essential in the begining.

My quiff using the above method last night. Rocked the do all night, not much touching up.

EVE2012.jpg

Lookmanstatic is legit. Cheaper prices and free shipping.

Oh yea just ordered these, will post a review once I get them in the mail since there is some interest on how well hairbond products works.

This site has lots of saloon products for cheap with free shipping. Knock yourselves out. http://www.lookmantastic.com/home.dept

10576666-1342781964-614709.png10547475-1319727437-60304.jpg

where can I get the stuff in the USA? I found this http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/B00555PVHW but I kinda would like something cheaper, and a place to get the distorter. Also a good hairspray suggestion would be nice since i'm using suave bullshit

edit: also how do i get my hair cut like that male models? I tried a similar styling with the hair i have, suave hair spray and american crew fiber, since its what i have atm, but obviously it didnt turn out that well. I plan on ordering the moulder, though. pic:

wqAab.jpg

Edited by C0LE

C0LE, fiber wouldn't really get the job done. Use moulder + hairspray for matte finish, pomades for shine.

I'm looking for the matte finish, I'll purchases the moulder soon, what hairspray do you recommend? Using Suave Maximum Hold. Thanks!

Used to use TIGI Hard Head, results were quite good.

10305802-1302167166-319000.jpg

http://www.lookfanta...l/10305802.html

I now swear by this cheap, made in singapore , 3rd world country looking spray sold by my stylist, results are excellent and a 500ml bottle cost SG$18 (year long supply ftw).

IMO quite impt to get a decent spray, as cheap spray tends to make my hair look like weird plastic. You know what I mean.

Edited by DJ_Flame

a little about my hair:

i'm white, so my hair with product is close to black, a dark brown w/o. i don't have thick hair, but i have a ton of it. it likes to do it's own thing. i've been wearing a faux pompadour for a while.

so, i have tried nearly everything! last summer, i went to an awesome spot in houston, tx that i've learned went under. anyways, they introduced me to a brand called davines. i use an oil, and top it off with a sea salt spray that smells just amazing. this has honestly been the BEST hair product i've ever used. my hair is malleable, not too greasy, and this only takes minutes to apply. it doesn't leave nasty stains on my pillows, either. hope this is helpful.

here's a link to the sea salt spray:

http://www.amazon.com/Davines-Wizards-No-14-Primer-250ml/dp/B004EBPBGE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1349754016&sr=8-15&keywords=davines

Gatsby/Osmo gives me flakes. I switched over to using Organic Shea butter It's pretty good and actually better for your hair than all the chemicals in the other stuff. Actually let's the hair breath nicely and moisturizes. Then shampoo before going to bed and repeat.

Reccomended for slickbac/quiff

Www.uppercutdeluxe.com

Best pomade so far, the smell is good.

used the monster hold today. compared to murrays superior, it's easier to apply and to wash off from your hands. hold is also a little softer. an okay product that's way too expensive.