Hair Products

Anton

i bought that green gatsby. its strange stuff. reminds me of hairspray in cream form. did the instructions they gave on the gatsby website, and the results didnt turn out as i was expecting. shit becomes unmalleable too fast. i ended up using a little aveda control paste for piecing. though when combined with hairspray, the hold is pretty damn solid. ill give it a try again the next time i get a haircut, but as of now ill stick to aveda control paste.

Air and zeal should have it.. although if you try to go to Chura salon, they got this stuff i think it was called F/x, it is really good and smells great too. but is 22 bucks for a jar, *i think is worth it*..

i am using gatsby ultra clay.. is an old product,but i love it since it leaves no shine + it holds really good considering i got really thick hair.

where can i get osis or nakano in vancouver/richmond/burnaby for cheap?

i bought that green gatsby. its strange stuff. reminds me of hairspray in cream form. did the instructions they gave on the gatsby website, and the results didnt turn out as i was expecting. shit becomes unmalleable too fast. i ended up using a little aveda control paste for piecing. though when combined with hairspray, the hold is pretty damn solid. ill give it a try again the next time i get a haircut, but as of now ill stick to aveda control paste.

Damn, i had the same experience too. I bought the green and the orange one. The green one does nothing it claims in the packaging.

However, the orange one is pretty good, i must say. And it has the rubber/cheesy feel to it. I'd recommend the 'air' type from the red mandom series (for ladies), compared to the green gatsby.

i find all the wet wax types from the new moving rubber to be crap.. you either have to use tons of it for the long effect of be carrying the thing around and re-applying it every hour.

Again, you guys should try old gastby products. Their old clays and wax work really well..

werd, they in tokyo tons of old gastby product. it seems the old i smore popular than moving rubber... they also have shisendo *spelling*.. which i heard from my friend is pretty good too.

hey shit they still sell the Gatsby ultra hard matt wax in some places in Tokyo..guess I was wrong..but I used to live in nowhere Japan.

that's a good question, I would like to know too.

Head and Shoulders has a shampoo range with refreshing menthol.

Just thought I'd share some pics of my hair:

n575217303_203188_2403.jpgn575217303_203189_2611.jpg

img0135ls9.jpg

by far the best product amongst all those in the same category (airy, floating type), be it products from US, EU or Japan. None of it comes close to whats written on the labels. This is highly recommended.

i wish i could find this in the US so i wouldnt have to pay $10 in shipping.

hey shit they still sell the Gatsby ultra hard matt wax in some places in Tokyo..guess I was wrong..but I used to live in nowhere Japan.

one guy is also selling it on eBay. (1. Gatsby original series - Black - Mat Type) along with the other 2 original waxes although it will set you back about $5 + ~$10.50 S&H.

oldgatstk9.jpg

1. mat type black

2. red megahold

3. soft wax blue

if it as good as you guys say and if this is your thing, it could be worth looking into.

used to use sumotech, but recently bought a small 1.8oz sebastian xtah crude clay to try.

will definitely NOT be using sumotech anymore.

I used to use sumotech but my hair's too damned curly for it to work. The fucked up thing is, I can wear it down and it looks completely straight, but up it never stays where I want it... and once it gets to a certain length I get the whole Farrah Fawcett thing going on, at which point I promptly get a haircut. I'd like to either have the short, messy bedhead-type look or the longer sort of shaggy style, but neither work for me. It's rather frustrating.

Lately I've been trying some cheap shit, Garnier Surf whatever worked okay, not too great though, and I got this pomade crap that doesn't do shit, and the only *ONLY* thing I've ever used that got my hair to look how I wanted was Got2b Hair Glue... but your hair is rock hard and looks kind of shiny. I also hate the wet gel look, and find gel never holds my hair anyway.

Some days I really hate my hair. I should try some of the stuff mentioned in this thread.

do you guys think that using flat iron every day will badly damage my hair?... without it my hair is terribly hard to style

I too will put a vote in for the man-perm camp, unless you got an extra 30-ish minutes everyday to style your hair. Plus yeah, flat-ironing everyday can't be too great for your follicles.

a lot of people talk about the stuff they use to shape, but what about hairspray to hold? does expensive/cheap really matter for hairspray? i'm looking for something that keeps the matte finish but holds well.

yeaaaaaah -- usually the same brands that we mention make generally good hairsprays... just don't go heavy otherwise your hair will get heavy and won't have that definition that you want.

do you guys think that using flat iron every day will badly damage my hair?... without it my hair is terribly hard to style

i use a flat iron every day and my hair looks ok cept for some fly aways.a hair stylist friend used on on me 2 years ago and i had to buy one immediatly. i rarely skip a day. hair grows back so i wouldnt worry about it unless you are balding. i do use mine on the lowest setting it has though. my hair is short and it only takes 10 minutes or so to do my hair.