Anton

you have to get some special perm.

pin perm or whatever it's called

i doubt you can get a similar style in the states

unless you live in NY (or LA).

are you asian?

if you have straight hair and want to style it like what's in the picture,

you need to get your hair permed.

you just can't walk into supercuts and get your hair permed, you have to find a salon

that can do "next-level" perms ala japanese perm e.g. pin and spiral perm

no, i am not asian. i am white.

i realize that i'd have to go to a salon, im talking more about upkeep than getting it to that point in the first place. i have enough hair stylist friends to where getting it there wont be a problem. the upkeep is what will kill me because i am a very busy person.

If you get that shit permed right like herp suggested, then for a good 2-3 months or so, there shouldn't be to heavy of an upkeep time. Probably wake up and go, well maybe 4-5 mins of piecing with wax, if you feel compelled to.

If you have straight hair and don't get it permed, then the only way to do it is to curl/iron and style it everytime you want the look. And that shit does take quite a boatload of time...probably a good ~30 minutes or so...

I hate using products. My skin is too sensitive. :(

I'd rather have nice skin and just normal clean natural looking hair.

Your face gets allergic reactions? Or your scalp? :confused:

Natural looking hair can look nasty, like mine, which results with ultimate frizzy, dryness, and dull looking colours.

I now use leave in conditioner, fiber, balm, wax, mousse, hairspray. I'll be bald soon. :(

Natural looking hair can look nasty, like mine, which results with ultimate frizzy, dryness, and dull looking colours.

I now use leave in conditioner, fiber, balm, wax, mousse, hairspray. I'll be bald soon. :(

alot of the times... i like to just wash my hair and blowdry and get a natural look... much less time consuming (good for lazy ppl like me)..

i've been using hair products for 6-7 yrs now.. i wonder what will happen to my hair when im 50...

edit: just wondering,... how many weeks(or months) do u wait until u get ur next haircut?

i have straight hair. i want to make my hair like this:

largemale10.jpg

what would you suggest? a friend of mine tells me i'd have to curl my hair every day, im not really down for that. what say you?

these are the kimura takuya style if im not mistaken? should be easy to order at chic japanese salons. But my suggestion is rather pay more at these salons than at the cheap salons or you are running the risk of looking like a old korean lady:eek:

Face. Not allergy reactions, but I will be more prone to random pimples on the areas around the hair line. I hate pimples.

alot of the times... i like to just wash my hair and blowdry and get a natural look... much less time consuming (good for lazy ppl like me)..

i've been using hair products for 6-7 yrs now.. i wonder what will happen to my hair when im 50...

edit: just wondering,... how many weeks(or months) do u wait until u get ur next haircut?

That's exactly what I do. 90% of the days, I just wash and blow dry. My hair is layered enough and have enough "bounce" to it to stay up decently itself.

Baldness / hair thinning does NOT run in both side of my parent's family. However, my uncle, the ONLY person who used mousse daily for 10+ years in his youth is starting to bald at the age of 45.

I usually wait 6 weeks max. I won't be able to stand the hair's thickness after that.

I shower at night and dry my hair. Then I wear a beanie that pushes it down.

After an hour (usually shower an hour before), I take the beanie off after it patted my hair down then I go to sleep.

When I wake up my hair looks pretty messy in a nice way (to me anyway). Kinda bootleg way of styling it.

these are the kimura takuya style if im not mistaken? should be easy to order at chic japanese salons. But my suggestion is rather pay more at these salons than at the cheap salons or you are running the risk of looking like a old korean lady:eek:

im getting a green and orange moving rubber, for the kimura type hairstyle. As i saw from youtube that these are the ones i need for styling it. Anyone can confirm on this?

Still in the process of growing it out - taking baby steps.

Woohoo, grow it out as fast as you can! XD

It'll be more difficult to manage but you'll be the shiznit.

Guest panicinapagoda

whats the general consensus on NOT layering asian hair?

do you think its necessasry if i want some weight and volume to it, but to have some texture at least?

Guest panicinapagoda

well gizmo, i hardly layer since im gearing towards something more clean cut, or more white boyish in a way, but it ends up too mushroomy and very susceptible to gravity haha. styling products become pratically useless.