Hair Products

Anton

I have the most unruly curly/wavy hair out there. It is almost straight on top, yet curly at my bangs and side burns, could anyone help maybe with some pictures of how to groom this type of hair, haircuts (long and short as i plan to grow it out), and products i can use? also, i straighten my hair every once in a while, should i quemically straighten when it grows?

i just need some help, and i will post pics.

thanks in advance,

julian

Hi I was wondering what brand hairspray do people recommend to set your style after it has been waxed? My hair is course and really straight so it drops down after a few hours after it is styled.

Also, is there a good shampoo out there that takes out all the residue from wax/clay? I noticed whenever I wash my hair ,using Pantene ProV or Neige, I still feel that my hair product isn't completely washed out since my hair still has strands that stick together.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks :)

Hi I was wondering what brand hairspray do people recommend to set your style after it has been waxed? My hair is course and really straight so it drops down after a few hours after it is styled.

Also, is there a good shampoo out there that takes out all the residue from wax/clay? I noticed whenever I wash my hair ,using Pantene ProV or Neige, I still feel that my hair product isn't completely washed out since my hair still has strands that stick together.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks :)

I was under the impression that wax and clay come out of hair easily.

Maybe it's the shampoo's sticking on your hair.

I use Fudge for every day use and if it is really hot outside or need extreme hold I use something called Dax Wave (really great but extreme difficult to wash out).

from my experience... clay comes out quicker than Wax...

I use Pantene ProV clarifying Shampoo... it usually gets it out in 1 try... but you shouldn't use Clarifying Shampoo too often... supposedly its of higher acidic contents or something like that?

I was under the impression that wax and clay come out of hair easily.

Maybe it's the shampoo's sticking on your hair.

Clay is definately not easy to come out. I used Xtah Crude Clay for a year or so and it always never came out easily and I noticed a lot of my hair was falling out so I switched to Gatsby wax which is easier to come out, but too weak. But now I use D.Fi Molding Cream which I feel doesn't wash out completely.

from my experience... clay comes out quicker than Wax...

I use Pantene ProV clarifying Shampoo... it usually gets it out in 1 try... but you shouldn't use Clarifying Shampoo too often... supposedly its of higher acidic contents or something like that?

I might try that Pantene ProV clarifying Shampoo. thanks

Actually any from the saloon would do, but I'll ask for something that gives volume and hold. You might want to rub the hairspray into your palms first and srunch it into the hair for a more even look.

My hairstylist actually uses a mixture of wax and clay. Holds well, and washes out easy too.

any brands? pics?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of online store that sells those Japanese hair products and ships to America? I'm running low on my wax, Lucido.L. I recently baught something called Tigi, from Korea, it's a fucking stick, and hard as fuck... $17 too, shit. I guess it works somewhat, but pain in the ass to use, cause it's so damn sticky, leaves my hand feeling sticky even after a wash.

Can anyone suggest a product that can hold my hair up?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Prince_Ryu/DSC01436.jpg

This is what my hair looks like now, it only manages to half stand when i backcomb it but backcombing isn't really my style.

Also, does anyone know a real good hairdresser in Sydney? Like city-wise, a place thats familiar with japanese style haircuts since near all my hairstyles are japanese-inspired and my current hairdresser? Not so familiar therefore not so good. =<

Can anyone suggest a product that can hold my hair up?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Prince_Ryu/DSC01436.jpg

This is what my hair looks like now, it only manages to half stand when i backcomb it but backcombing isn't really my style.

Also, does anyone know a real good hairdresser in Sydney? Like city-wise, a place thats familiar with japanese style haircuts since near all my hairstyles are japanese-inspired and my current hairdresser? Not so familiar therefore not so good. =<

Thats a good length to start styling your hair. Sooooo many options of trimming shorter / play around at that length. Don't know about products for it though, hah.

All pureology products are really top notch. I used/use three of their styling products. It is meant for color treated hair, but it will work for you if you have color-treated hair or not. The prices run about $20 each for styling products, but they last a long time. I just got a straightening product and that bottle will last me a good year and a half.

Shampoo and conditioner are on the pricey side. $25 a piece for smaller than normal bottles. I use matrix shampoo and conditioner...

Anyone know of online store that sells those Japanese hair products and ships to America? I'm running low on my wax, Lucido.L. I recently baught something called Tigi, from Korea, it's a fucking stick, and hard as fuck... $17 too, shit. I guess it works somewhat, but pain in the ass to use, cause it's so damn sticky, leaves my hand feeling sticky even after a wash.

youre in southern cali? cant you just go to a mitsuwa or something and get that stuff?

All pureology products are really top notch. I used/use three of their styling products. It is meant for color treated hair, but it will work for you if you have color-treated hair or not. The prices run about $20 each for styling products, but they last a long time. I just got a straightening product and that bottle will last me a good year and a half.

Shampoo and conditioner are on the pricey side. $25 a piece for smaller than normal bottles. I use matrix shampoo and conditioner...

what straightening product do you use?

the falling of hair is most likely the contribution of your cheap shampoo and conditioner.

It's not, I use top notch shampoo/conditioner that's probably more expensive than I should bother with but I dye my hair a lot so it's really unhealthy, and when coupled with the stickiness of the clay when i spike my hair and pull it pretty tough a couple of strands tend to come out. But xtah is good stuff.

pull it pretty tough a couple of strands tend to come out.

enough said, and when i use xtah, i dont have hair falling out.

and to the dude that wants his hair spiked up - your hair is too thick for that result, go get your hair thinned out and shortened.

• 4 weeks later...