Hair Products

Anton

I have a short mohawk, and I just use a dab of pomade. I used to use regular Murrays, but I started using the Australian Beeswax kind, and I love the lighter texture and great scent. I don't need a lot, so the 5-6 dollar tub lasts me a couple months.

For slick hair, isn't pomade the best option? American Crew makes a decent holding/looking pomade. I heard from some girls you can soak your hair in olive oil for awhile, and it'll soften your hair and give it that wet luster...but that shit sounds just nasty...

For those Japanese/Korean looks...Sebastian crude clay works pretty well; Gatsby's clays works the same pretty much, 9 bucks for 50grams, slightly cheaper I think.

But what all those mags don't tell you is that unless they perm that shit, it usually takes like a good 20-30+ mins to get their hair looking like that...

first i blowdry into the desired basic shape

bumble and bumble brilliantine, add a little bit and spread it out

matrix dirty trix, use it to accent, piece, volume

big sexy hairspray for hold, and/or more volume is desired.

i love those japanese hair catalogs. those are the only styles i go for. and likewise i goto a japanese salon, bring in what i want, and she does it.

Any suggestion on getting a Japanese style hair cut from other than Japanese salons? From my understanding, most usually just need some feathering and point cutting. I'm sure most hair stylist know these basic techniques?

ive tried many non-asian salons, both affordable and pricey, and i have to say the results just werent as good as the results i get from my japanese salon.

but if you must, make sure the salon is quality, no supercuts or barber shit. i hate to sound shallow, but from experience make sure youre spending at least $50+ just for the cut, otherwise theres a good chance they might fuck your whole shit up: i went to get a $15 salon cut at the mall long ago, and it came out horrendous. it looked NOTHING like the picture. another was when went to get a $25 salon cut, and this fucking lady used a pair of dull scissors as thinning shears :mad: , needless to say i was furious. another $40 salon did a much better job, but didnt even bother touching up the back, wtf.

always bring in a picture. if you can, include back and side profile shots. and make sure the cut is appropriate to your face shape: just because it looks good on one guy doesnt mean itll look good on you.

recently i cut my hair short, but this is what it looked like a week ago :o :

http://a278.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/56/l_3095abb626ad40850f9756a93be1283d.jpg

layered, auburn highlights, bishonen style hair. simple, nothing too crazy :o

you want bouncy, wild j-rock hair, its going to take more extreme measures.

JULY_ALICENINECURE10.jpg

^one day i will....one day

$50+ for a good haircut isnt true. it depends on who cuts your hair, but generally usually the more expensive the cut, the better it would be, but not in every case so you're semi-right.

You can achieve that above haircut, but your gonna spend either alot of money to chem. straighten it, or spend lots of time in the bathroom to straighten it everytime u want to style it that way.

Also, your hairstyle reminds me of my friend.. haha its almost exactly the same :)

This is my current hairstyle:

hairstyle1103fr0.jpg

$33 AUD haircut

sebastian xtah crude clay

biolage hairspray

:cool: ooooh, i like

do you hairspray? blowdry?

i gotta start using clay more often. ive been on a wax binge lately.

:cool: ooooh, i like

do you hairspray? blowdry?

i gotta start using clay more often. ive been on a wax binge lately.

yeh man, gotta blowdry it.

finish it off with some hairspray. The hairspray im using isnt very shiny(which i like) so my hairstyle is pretty much full matte look.

My hair is really flat and dull.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/GiZMO13SOLiD/fake1.gif

That's from about a year ago. It's a bit longer now, but pretty much the same style. I've been cutting my hair (notice the mullet, I hardly cut the back in fear of messing it up) for a while because I never liked the idea of paying someone to fuck up my hair (i.e. supercuts, omfg my hair during my childhood :mad: ).

I've watched those short videos on that Gatsby site and I saw how the models were easily styling their hair with the products. I recall hailxenu saying the the cut is more important than the products, or atleast less product and work is needed when the cut is right. I want to be able to style my hair like some jStyles but I'd need razoring, texturing, etc.

I want to try "grooming" my hair using tips from the instructional video on the Gatsby site, and see what happens.

But eventually I would like to get my hair cut by someone else. Luckily for me I live in Vegas. There is a beauty school of sorts around here where my mom gets her hair permed, but I don't know the extent of the students' skills if they're able to do my hair right. Also in China town there is a salon, but as a non-Chinese I'm kinda scared to go there. And my third option is a place called Ulta. Most of my female friends get their hair cut there, but it's really expensive, about the price m1lk mentioned - but that was for women's hair, think my hair, being shorter, would be cheaper?

I don't want to crap on this thread by making it a jRock styles one, but my dream hair has to be either reita's fauxhawk or rukie's (of gazzette). I want the latter because it's nuts - think it's possible that I can just show a stylist a pic and they can work with this? (i think i also have some side shots, etc). Also, just noting on the fauxhawk, I saw a kid on myspace with it but I never bothered to ask him how to do it cuz he was some scene kid :(

ive got this, and don't really like it. It says its matte, but really its not as matte as matte should be ;)

i agree, if i use a lot...it turns out shiny :( so i only use a little bit and it works really good

what other kinds do you recommend for a true matte look?