Hair Products

Anton

I use American Crew Fibre, and a dabble of some form of hairspray.

I'm really looking for Gatsby products (or Japanese hair products in general), but I don't think they stock it down here in Melbourne.

SUCKS.

The hold isn't exactly like wax, but close, because it's a drier product than others, it will make your hair fall into natural patterns, which I personally like.

Here's a picture of my hair from 2 years ago. Instead of having my hair 'razored', my hairdresser in Tokyo just used thinning shears.

It's important to go to a hairdresser that knows his/her stuff, otherwise you'll just get some shit cut. Cutting hair is not easy - the Japanese usually train for 2 years before they start working. It's serious business over there.

Anyway, I used to use a Shiseido matte wax. It's way better than the Gatsby stuff.

If you can't find the Japanese stuff, go find a Redken salon and buy the men's hair products - it's really good and not sticky. I'm using one called 'Work Hard' now, although my hair is completely different now.

Everyone seems to rave on about the american crew fiber. Is it really that good? What is the texture like? Hold factor?

this stuff doesnt work for my hair or maybe i just dont know how to use it. the fiber comes in a rough texture but it holds really well

i prefer Arimino Spice - Freeze Wax very nice to mold

I have the thickest, coarsest Korean hair out there, it fros out naturally and is stiff as hell if it's 3-4" or shorter. I've tried every gel, clay, pomade, wax out there from America, Japan, Korea, and I was into the Gatsby in the red tub for several years as its strong and works well wet/dry, but found it's a bit too heavy and turns greasy late in the day. My Japanese gf left me a bunch of different waxes and lately I've been digging this Lucido-L 'fiber in grey' which is a really light wax that just lets me coax a shape out of my hair; it dries and doesn't clump hair together or leave a finish.

still only use fiber.

served me well for the last five or six years.

it's really the best easily available hair product in america in my opinion....yeah, i used it religiously for like 5 years before i just started wearing a hat or growing my hair long, which i no longer need to put stuff in.

i've been having lots of luck with johnson & johnson baby shampoo, a good conditioner (varies) and washing my hair every other day. my hair looks much better the day after washing. i never use any hair jizz, it gets messy after a while

*i have thick ass korean hair too.

Lee Stafford does an awesome conditioner that give your hair that 'day after' look. Don't know if it's available round your parts. Also Lee Stafford Poker Straight shampoo is the dogs nads.

how do you use it? i tried to use water with it before but couldnt get a good mold

I wait till my hair is towel dry and then a bit naturally dried, with a bit of moisture still left in my hair, then I start applying.

But then again, I use 3 different products, fiber, wax and gel, for my style.

i can't figure out how to use it properly either. everyone talks about how well it holds but my hair still falls down after a little while.

You probably have too much hair. N.B: this doesn't necessarily mean that your hair is too long.

If you find that the wax/clay doesn't allow you to do whatever with your hair, then get your hair thinned out.

The cut is far more important than the product used. Just like hailxenu says:

just wanted to say, the cut is way more important that the product. if cut right, yoiu don't even need to use much if any. but sabastian crude clay is really the shit.