Hair Products

Anton

That stuff is brilliant. I have thick hair too and it's a godsend. However, suspect a cream type product for me may be better, as imperial gel is bullshit. Anyone any suggestions? anyone tried shu uemera (or whatever it's called?)

i didnt try fiber but ive been using grooming cream for about almost 2 weeks and it give a good hold but no volume, plus it give a shine, i have mid longhair and i use for a slickback kinda haircut, my friend is asian and have shorthair and he said fiber is pretty good for him, less shine and more

volume

• 2 weeks later...

thanks, i guess i should rephrase the question then -

whats a good shampoo that can wash non-soluble pomades?

im only asking because im thinking of making a homemade pomade but alot of the base ingredients are oils/waxes. 

• 1 month later...

shampoos against thinning aren't working. they only produce a lot of dandruff and dry scalp skin. They cost a shitload of money and create a dysbalance of your natural skin balance

change the manufacturer of your shampoo more often and try to get some sensitive stuff without / with less perfume, silicone, huge load of PEG and with more natural extracts. Try to reduce sun exposure, frequent shampooing, using a comb and styling products

Edited by frankie_four

Recently i bought Hairbond Moulder. I have thick and hard to style hair but it holds well, i use it for my quiff and im satisfied. U can buy it there with free WW shipping: http://bit.ly/SiGj7c.

T3EoSKE.jpg?1

Was looking into picking up some Hairbond Moulder, but it seems like its used to add thickness and density which is really not what I need given that I already have very thick hair. Can anyone comment on this or recommend something for thicker hair?

I've been using Baxter Clay, which feels very nice and smells good but doesn't do much too manage my hair. Its also pretty expensive and tough to work throughout my hair.

I got a discount for my readers on the blog, but I decided to share it here to. They mostly carry pompadour-intended hair products, but there are still other more-flexible products. You got your basics like Suavecito and shit...but you should also find some Baxter of California. According to what they say, they're still building up stock.

Top Shelf Barber Supplies (via Amazon): http://amzn.to/1oMxufN

Amazon Store 10% off promo code: WSMEOBQQ

Prices after discount (sorry if the prices are slightly off, their prices fluctuate often). All free shipping.

Suavecito Pomade 4 oz. -- $8.14 (MSRP $10)
Suavecito Firme Hold Pomade 4 oz. -- $8.99 (MSRP $12)
Suavecito Firme Hold Pomade 32 oz. -- $49.49 (MRSP $70)
Bona Fide Superior -- $10.79
Bona Fide Fiber -- $10.79
Admiral Pomade -- $16.20
Uppercut Deluxe -- $16.20
JS Sloane -- $15.30

• 2 weeks later...

i have a undercut and i usually slick my hair back/sometimes tie it into a knot (still not very good at it).

hair is long and thick, and suggestions on products?  i want something matte and want to try something that isn't pomade.

i just got the sumotech so i will try that, and hairspray recommendations?

kind of bumping the thread. i'm interested, my hair is a shade of light brown, it's pretty thin and kind of hard to style, i usually put a lot of product in it in order to make them stay the way i intend them to - but it's still meh. they start to look good the next day, if i'm lucky enough, because if i sleep in the wrong position, whole haircut is fucked beyong fixing, and i need to wash them in order to get it back to normal, let's just say i easily get tufts.

i'd love to get a product that will keep my hair from doing whatever the fuck it wants, something that won't go away even if i touch it all day long (which i do), i'm also going after that kind of matte/greasy (but not too much) style.

i got kind of a hitler's youth cut - it looks a bit like that but messier and not as neatly cut

- any advices?

Well, first, stop touching it all day or it will keep getting screwed up. 

I'd say the Railcar pomade would be ok for you. I use it occasionally and the hold is really good, but the shine (at least for me) is more of a matte to nice shine in the sunlight.

I highly second the stop touching your hair comment. haha Besides that you can't go wrong with most water based pomades like Grant's, Layrite, Railcar, etc. You can always pick up a can of matte finish as well to use as a top coat over the products I just mentioned. That will give the hair less sheen, but I love the sheen to be honest. haha

Hope that helps

-Edwin

• 3 weeks later...

after finishing my american crew pomade, ill bought some layrite super hold pomade.

after 2-3 days of using, i like it , its pretty weird tho, like super hard texture but feel light in the hair, and WASH SUPER GOOD , even with just water. hold really good too.

Where can I get Layrite in Williamsburg, nyc? Going there in 2 weeks and I'm plannin on stocking up! Way cheaper over in the US compared to here in Norway!

Yo guys i have really dry hair, like when i dont put pomade, its all puffy and dry, i never been a fan of conditioner and i wanna start using some often per week to control my hair dryness. ( my hair never get really oily, i can go a week or more without washing and they will still be dry as fuck )

is it better to get a leave-in conditioner or a washable one / how many times per week should i use it ?

thanks, im really a noob on conditioner.

Yo guys i have really dry hair, like when i dont put pomade, its all puffy and dry, i never been a fan of conditioner and i wanna start using some often per week to control my hair dryness. ( my hair never get really oily, i can go a week or more without washing and they will still be dry as fuck )

is it better to get a leave-in conditioner or a washable one / how many times per week should i use it ?

^good questions! i am in the same boat

should i just grab something at costco?

well 1. start using conditioner.

or 2. chi infusion

chi-silk-infusion-350x350.jpg

i use a generic brand that's similar to this. CHI is kinda expensive, but it does control frizzy/dry hair.

Edited by mr.invincible

Where can I get Layrite in Williamsburg, nyc? Going there in 2 weeks and I'm plannin on stocking up! Way cheaper over in the US compared to here in Norway!

New Style Barbershop

Paul Mole

FineAndDandyShop.com

these are the nearest to my apt. 

^good questions! i am in the same boat

should i just grab something at costco?

I have super dry / puffy hair too. However if I go a day without washing it gets really oily. What I started doing last winter was put some homemade beard oil in my hair.

I just used a mixture of grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, and a drop or two of essential cedar oil. After mixing it together, just a couple drops in the palms of my hands then run through my hair took the frizz and fluff out of it without making it greazy. 

Edited by twistedtrees