Hair Products

Anton

I've used Arimino Peace. the stuff comes in a huge cube and lasts FOREVER. it will probably last you an entire year, you barely need to apply any at all. it has pretty good hold, relatively matte (depends on how much and whether your hair is wet when applied. wet = shiny dry = matte), lasts forever, and smell isn't very strong (you decide whether that's good or not). has to be washed off with shampoo.

Posted · Hidden by DJ_Flame, June 10, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by DJ_Flame, June 10, 2012 - No reason given

Anyone tried using sebastian matte putty or molding mud? Craft Clay is nice but I want something more flexible and "natural"

I don`t usually fucks with hair care products but I thought I`d give Kiehl`s repairative olive fruit oil hair pak a try. That thing instantly made my hair shiny and silky. My hair was so dry you could set it on fire with a flint is now lookin healthy in who knows how many years.

Going to try their argan oil and gel next.

• 1 month later...

I highly reccomend Imperial Barber Products. Based out of L.A., 100% American made, and created by barbers for barbers. I'm currently using their water-based Classic Pomade on my short, textured hair and it provides the control I need and a shine that isn't overwhelming.

spiceneo05.jpg

Anyone tried this? Arimino.

Is that the Arimino Freeze wax? Did they change the packaging on it? Because I had it. It had a nice fragrant smell to it but I found it a bit weak for my hair. It's probably best for shorter/thinner hairs.

nakano-7.jpg

I find Nakano waxes work the best for me. Very good hold and very matte.

anyone use Got2Be Glue? I've been using it for the past several years and love it. I guess I have some what thick asian hair. My hair's like 2-3 inches on top and it holds very well. I always use a tad of hair spray too.

I've tried a few waxes/paste in the past but it doesn't seem like it really holds, specially if it's windy. May try some other paste in the near future.

what? My hair looks nothing like that lol.

I'll try and get a pic. I use it with dry hair since I don't like that wet look. but for the way I style my hair it holds very well. If i use nothing my hair is just flat. only thing i don't like about being asian

This is how i style my hair. It's been like a month since i've had it cut so it's a little longer than i like but normally wait almost 2 months between cuts.

2012-07-25094723.jpg

Edited by LckyChrmsBBoy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i need a light hold cream (i'm hesitant to say wax / gel / etc.) as i fucking detest product that hardens or leaves any residue (after a rinse). so i guess this thing needs to be water soluble as i barely shampoo. the hold doesn't need to be strong, say 2 or 3 outta 10, but enough to loosely slick (wrong word) my wavy hair back.

and readily available. american crew et al. i'm in finland.

i need a light hold cream (i'm hesitant to say wax / gel / etc.) as i fucking detest product that hardens or leaves any residue (after a rinse). so i guess this thing needs to be water soluble as i barely shampoo. the hold doesn't need to be strong, say 2 or 3 outta 10, but enough to loosely slick (wrong word) my wavy hair back.

this is exactly what I'm looking for as well. currently don't use any product but want some kind of loose hold that meets this criteria

^ i tried lush's 'dirty hair' cream today on recommendation. certainly not the worst i've tried - mild hold, mild shine - but it still felts / feels a bit too waxy. i'll see how (if) she washes out.

i actually tried a tiny bit of (black & white?) pomade on my damp hair yesterday and i think that was more subtle, believe or not.

^ i tried lush's 'dirty hair' cream today on recommendation. certainly not the worst i've tried - mild hold, mild shine - but it still felts / feels a bit too waxy. i'll see how (if) she washes out.

i actually tried a tiny bit of (black & white?) pomade on my damp hair yesterday and i think that was more subtle, believe or not.

hmm maybe I'll check that stuff out. let me know if you find anything better

I highly reccomend Imperial Barber Products. Based out of L.A., 100% American made, and created by barbers for barbers. I'm currently using their water-based Classic Pomade on my short, textured hair and it provides the control I need and a shine that isn't overwhelming.

^this

I use the Imperial Fiber Pomade and I love it. A little gives just enough hold for some structure, more gives a traditional pomade hold, while not being quite as shiny. good stuff.

I like it. Cheap as hell if you want to mess around. It holds my hair well (even without hairspray) and gives me the separation that I want. No shine, really matte finish. Other waxes sometimes weigh my hair down and make it look flat but not that one.

Edited by on-display

after using layrite superhold for almost 3 years, i decided to try and change it up as my hair has started to thin out a bit (fucking suuuuuuucks) and i was getting sick of slicking it back. tried uppercut matt clay and its actually pretty dope - only gripe is its super expensive for how little you get and it seems to be really hard to wash out. kinda just have a messy slick back now (ie use my hands to push it back as opposed to all neat with a comb).

so on this site,

http://www.bumbleandbumble.com/style_book/index.tmpl

to get this look

sb_MEN_John_01_380x520.jpg

you need

-Tonic Lotion (tonic lotion first and then apply Sumotech)

- Sumotech

Is Tonic Lotion necessary, if so, is there alternative to this kind of product to acheive the same look?

As seen, I am a hair noob and I never applyed two products to my hair before.

I just bought these,

http://www.amazon.com/Mandom-Gatsby-Perfect-Extra-2-11oz/dp/B001GQ2ED8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1346579954&sr=8-7&keywords=gatsby

and use it on dry hair. I like the matte finish, but after a while my hair will go flat. I want something to hold the shape longer and while I ride my bike (my hair goes to a fro after) with a matte finish.

what should I do or buy?