Hair Products

Anton

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any place around los angeles that still sells the grey "grunge mat" gatsby? The dry clay-like texture is the only thing that works for my hair, and I'm almost out of my last one...

Also, are there any products really similar to the "grunge mat" gatsby out there? Most waxes I've tried are either too watery or too stiff (like the gatsby technical clay). Any help is much appreciated!

Is there any place around los angeles that still sells the grey "grunge mat" gatsby? The dry clay-like texture is the only thing that works for my hair, and I'm almost out of my last one...

Also, are there any products really similar to the "grunge mat" gatsby out there? Most waxes I've tried are either too watery or too stiff (like the gatsby technical clay). Any help is much appreciated!

the newest batch of grey grunge mat gatsby is different from the original when it first came out...its really "gooey" now compared to when they first came out which was like a block of clay.

the newest batch of grey grunge mat gatsby is different from the original when it first came out...its really "gooey" now compared to when they first came out which was like a block of clay.

so green apple smelling grey vs. non green apple smelling grey?

im still on a container of old batch.. shits like 3 years old but still smells and works fine so whatever

:[

thanks tho for the heads up...

is there really nothing of similar consistency to the old grunge mat out there?

• 8 months later...

moved this thread from superfashion to supershopper. people shall use this thread for anything related to hair products (including the same old annoying questions about pomade)

ps: can a mod move all the pomade-realted posts in the hairstyle thread int his one or create a new one?

I apologize if this has been discussed already, Im having a hard time finding the answer to my question in this thread.

Recently I have been bleaching my hair and Im tired of the straw-y breakage-y proneness it has. Can anyone recommend me some protein rich shampoos/conditioners/oils that has helped their hair maintain its silky smoothness?

If I missed the discussion in this thread on my question, please direct me there. Thank youuuuuu

your hair is already kaputt chemically speaking, it is dead cell tissue and cannot 'heal itself' or 'be healed'. there is no way to bring it back to it's original condition once it's been treated with the bleach.

of course you can layer on products like conditioners and such to temporarily create a smooth effect/feeling. but as soon as you use a regular shampoo the conditioner will of course come off

Can anyone recommend me some protein rich shampoos/conditioners/oils that has helped their hair maintain its silky smoothness?

You can blame marketing/advertising for that misunderstanding about hair.

:(

Want healthier hair? Eat better and take vitamins.

Coating it with junk is only temporary . . .

I feel like layrite pomade has been the only real amazing hair produce I have ever owned. Most pomades I've tried are too light and never hold, I turn to gels for the hold but then it just feels so spiky and eventually the hold goes away followed by flaking. Wax always ends up feeling dry within an hour or two.

With layrite, it has sufficient hold, shine and the ability to shape your hair even after a good 10 or so hours.

(I just realized how much of an advertisement I sounded but this is all speaking from personal experience)

mis, you have long hair?

which gatsby is better for short-medium texture hairstyle? pink or grey

Not really. I have short-medium length hair but my hair is pretty thin and flat. The pink gatsby has a lot more hold than the grey, if your hair is thin like mine, it's what you Wanna go for, but I find that most gatsby products don't really wash out well and it fucks w my skin if I leave it on for the whole day

Don't fuck with Gatsby, shit is too greasy and it's too hard to wash out.

IMO the GOAT of Japanese waxes:

skin14.gif

easy to wash out, good as a base to hold hair up or just to texturize.

^Where to cop?

I find that most Japanese hair products have superior hold and styling abilities, but I just cant help but feel that youre really fucking your hair up from using them. I wouldnt ever use more than a small finger of gatsby.

On the other hand, the western brands like Redken, Osis, American Crew, etc, have decent hold initially, but maybe its due to the humidity and heat of where I'm in, nothing seems to hold for very long

Look around facebook, hardware zone, local forums for those mass orders. Can last you for 6-12 months with one tub. Just use a dime-sized portion, spread over palms, rub into hair. Holds for at least 10 hours at my workplace.

It actually cost $40+. My hairstylist sells it for $50. But I've been using one since last August. Still got 3/5 of a tub left.

Mass order link:http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3279235

• 2 weeks later...

it's time again to get a new tub of pomade. i need something that is water soluble, holds as strong as murrys superior (if not layrite superhold), greasy like murrays super light, easily accessible.

anyone know what the hold is like with the american crew pomade? i've been using their gel on off days and it has been pretty amazing on my hair.

it's time again to get a new tub of pomade. i need something that is water soluble, holds as strong as murrys superior (if not layrite superhold), greasy like murrays super light, easily accessible.

anyone know what the hold is like with the american crew pomade? i've been using their gel on off days and it has been pretty amazing on my hair.

i've tried it and the hold isn't really strong

Check it out: http://therebelrouser.wordpress.com/2011/05/31/pomade-review-monkey-brains-monkey-grease/

and its cheap.

AC pomade is garbage, saliva has more hold than that shit.

Guest Ives27

Any recommendation for a really strong hold? This is the state of my hair, it's thick and has a bit of a wave. It would be nice for it to stand on its own and not collapse after 2 hours. American Crew kinda sucks, so anything better than that would be great.

61772604.jpg