Lanvin Homme F/W 07-08

fade to black2

first off allow me to correct a mistake i made in the other thread, the designer's name is Lucas, not Martin (i must've been thinkin of Martin Ball, hedi's other former assistant).

i love this collection...love the mix of refined polish and easy, effortless casual as seen in the mix of tailored wear with sneakers (which were shown for pretty much every look...some cool high tops that will probably set you back $800 lol). I am really liking the identity that this brand is laying out for itself. Some of my favorite looks:

00010m.jpg

00020m.jpg

00090m.jpg

00120m.jpg

00140m.jpg

00320m.jpg

the man himself...

00340m.jpg

loving the sneakers (dior brought them back to the catwalk!)

and the cut of everything, distinguishing it from the military volume thing

the colour, muted greys with splashes of vivid supplied by accessories is something id like to emulate

but noty sure about his insistence with the riding hard hat thing, making the basball hat look stupid as well. his signature or treadmark or somehting?

the proportional increase might equate, but did the original cost ever come close!??!?!

that said, I think its genius. I feel like it epitomizes where the attitude is headed, maybe not necessarily aesthetically, but absolutely in terms of personality and house attitude towards designer and public.

yeah Lanvin is pretty astronomically priced as it is...but i have to say, other than the Yohji collection, this is probably the only collection presented thus far that I can connect with my personal style, and I would wear quite a bit of this. I'm definitely trying to evolve into a more fluid and relaxed, but tailored look esp. once i get out of college i'm gonna tone down the denim and overtly casual looks. Still keeping a casual twist to it, but just a bit more refined...

I feel exactly the same way about where my personal aesthetic is headed fade, in terms of more tailored but maintaining a casual feel to it.

I mean, most of the outfits in the lookbook are a bit too formal for my everyday wear, but definitley almost 90% of those pieces can be easily incorporated into my "look".

So, that just means I need a job that will let me dress in Lanvin, and pay me the money to buy it.

I have a feeling that as much of Superfuture's base moves out of college we're going to start seeing some really interesting outfits from people who grew up paying attention to their casual outfits, so seeing the same people move into the world of tailored and more refined clothing is going to be really interesting.

I have a feeling that as much of Superfuture's base moves out of college we're going to start seeing some really interesting outfits from people who grew up paying attention to their casual outfits, so seeing the same people move into the world of tailored and more refined clothing is going to be really interesting.

indeed. 10char

Love those pants.

I like the idea of draping coming back too. This is a good transition collection because there's still alot of structure present. I like the idea and whatever aesthetic message is coming through with this collection but I wouldn't buy anything from here even if I made enough money for casual 1400 dollar buys.

For example: the experimental (?) 2 button coat that looks like a stretched out blazer. I like the idea, but I don't think I'd ever be able to incorporate that into my wardrobe. The more I look at it actually, the less I like the fit, it doesn't drape well... it's just long and bulky + there's nothing goin' on at the collars.

Once again, I'm sorry if I'm not making sense. I have so much to say but have no idea how to say it sometimes... grrrr

you live in a fucking fantasy world man....you might see one piece...but with age comes bills bills and more automobills....

I think Servo was talking about a select few of the posters here, on SZ, etc.

As an aside, I know how much I spend each month on clothes, and I know what that dollar figure gets me. Looking at the things people here are buying, and the frequency, there are clearly more than a few here who already have money, come from money, have a decent income etc.

There also seem to be at least a couple of people who are heading toward fairly decent paying professions in the near future.

I think Servo was talking about a select few of the posters here, on SZ, etc.

As an aside, I know how much I spend each month on clothes, and I know what that dollar figure gets me. Looking at the things people here are buying, and the frequency, there are clearly more than a few here who already have money, come from money, have a decent income etc.

There also seem to be at least a couple of people who are heading toward fairly decent paying professions in the near future.

people on SF that buy from the runway....ready...

coldrice, insidertrading, fadetoblack, djrajio...4 total off the top of my head out of like the thousand or more that are registered users..I think i'm through with superfashipn forum...