Newbie to quality denim - pics of LVC 1906 501s & questions

lowrider

Aloha!

I'm a real newbie to high end quality denim and finally bought my first pair of real selvedge denim jeans - LVC 1906 Bunkhouse 501s. Believe it or not, but these are the first pair of 501 jeans I've owned in my life.

I have a quick question though - will these shrink the 1" - 2" in the waist and 3" in length? I read that all LVC Vintage denim will shrink to fit but then also read that "finished" denim will not shrink that much. I'm trying to decide if I should buy a smaller size.

Please help this newbie! Mahalo!

CIMG2807.jpg

CIMG2796.jpg

CIMG2797.jpg

CIMG2806.jpg

CIMG2813.jpg

CIMG2811.jpg

CIMG2814.jpg

CIMG2816.jpg

Those aren't going to shrink very much, since they're pre-distressed. If you like the fit or want it relaxed a little, you might want to dryclean them. Otherwise you can machine wash every once in a while and it'll get them nice and snug.

Aloha!

I'm a real newbie to high end quality denim and finally bought my first pair of real selvedge denim jeans - LVC 1906 Bunkhouse 501s. Believe it or not, but these are the first pair of 501 jeans I've owned in my life.

I have a quick question though - will these shrink the 1" - 2" in the waist and 3" in length? I read that all LVC Vintage denim will shrink to fit but then also read that "finished" denim will not shrink that much. I'm trying to decide if I should buy a smaller size.

Please help this newbie! Mahalo!

Nice jeans. Here are some (small, unfortunately) pix of the original pair:

http://www.levistrauss.com/Heritage/OurArchives/FeaturedArtifact.aspx

Those honeycombs make me want to murder people. Otherwise, nice jeans.

Since you're new to the scene and this point may not have been clearly articulated, the only denim that will shrink the numbers that you quoted are raw, unsanforized jeans. Sanforization is a chemical process treatment that minimizes/eliminates the shrinkage in raw denim.

Mahalo for all the information everyone!

What does "honeycomb" mean and why does it make diewhitegirls want to murder people?

I bought these jeans because I thought the historical aspect of it was pretty cool and I got them hella cheap (compared to MSRP that is). I wasn't aware that Levi's was in some legal battle... I'll use the search function to read up on this later.

I'm off to go pick up some Dr. Bronner's soap so that I can wash my jeans. Never knew owning quality demin was such high maintenance!

Mahalo again!

Since you just spent $501 on a pair of pre-distressed jeans - the purpose of which is to replicate via manufacturing wear and tear from a pair of found vintage levi's (though I heard that story surrounding them is Levi's marketing dept. hulabaloo) - I would recommend never washing them. Dry clean only is my advice.

Very nice pair though. Where'd you scoop them?

Hey those are great where did you get them? Are you from Oahu? I am coming there in Feb and maybe looking to find some LVC (hard to come by in Canada).

In the states too. In the San Fran store today I asked about LVCs and got a blank stare, then I said Levis Vintage Clothing, she said oh, we only sell new jeans in this store.

Hey those are great where did you get them? Are you from Oahu? I am coming there in Feb and maybe looking to find some LVC (hard to come by in Canada).

Hawaii isn't the place to come for hard to find brands. Aloha Rag has cool stuff though. If you're into street / urban wear, you can find cool stuff at In4mation (they have Fiberops), Kicks Hawaii, and Leilow (they carry Neighborhood and other cool brands). For hats you should check out Fitted Hawaii.

Good luck!

In the states too. In the San Fran store today I asked about LVCs and got a blank stare, then I said Levis Vintage Clothing, she said oh, we only sell new jeans in this store.

This is classic it makes me laugh... then cry. There is a major labour shortage in Alberta so that is what I keep saying to myself when I get a moronic response like that in a store.

Hawaii isn't the place to come for hard to find brands. Aloha Rag has cool stuff though. If you're into street / urban wear, you can find cool stuff at In4mation (they have Fiberops), Kicks Hawaii, and Leilow (they carry Neighborhood and other cool brands). For hats you should check out Fitted Hawaii.

Good luck!

I am not going to Hawaii for the shopping, I go there for the ocean but have only been to the big island thus far (which has zero shopping) But trust me coming from where I do even having one store like kicks or in4mation blows our shopping out of the water.