Pride FC and MMA

Haz

Chris Leben is a complete douchebag. One of those oldschool ones too that your great grandmother used. The kind that gets hung on the shower rod.

• 3 months later...

Cro Cop looks like he doesn't even care any more. He didn't even press at all after the first round.

The Hamill scoring was just embarassing for UFC, though. You know something's wrong when its a split decision and the one guy that did score it for Hamill gave him all 3 rounds. The odd thing is, the one judge that scored it for Hamill was the only UK judge - it was the two American judges that gave it to Bisping.

yeah, jesus christ i got so worked up after that decision i just walked out of the room. so embarassing. and Cro Cop, man i dont know what to say. its like the first round he was in it, and after that he was just there for the ride. dissapointing. on the brighter side, this was sort of great for Kongo, and i am looking forward to seeing more of his fights in the future.

When and where he will fight next is a good question. He certainly looked impressive in Pride.

With how bad Cro Cop has looked, I wonder how Fedor will do when he inevitably fights in the UFC. A possible good point I've seen others bring up is the fact that, in Pride, there was no drug testing at all. Is it possible Cro Cop was just juiced up in Pride? Or is it just a combination of his skills deteriorating and fighting better fighters in UFC?

• 1 month later...

Just watched a replay of that Silva fight. It's kind of difficult to call Franklin a washed-up fighter, but in both fights, that's exactly what Silva made Franklin look like.

Silva's just on a ridiculous level right now. Not really sure who'd match up well with him, although if Dan Henderson decides to cut, it'd make for an interesting fight.

Been impressed with Henderson lately, even with his lost to Rampage, esp. since I think light heavyweight just isn't the right weight class for him. Dennis Kang, although not in the same affiliation and overall not as good and well-rounded, would be another exciting match, at the very least.

Just watched a replay of that Silva fight. It's kind of difficult to call Franklin a washed-up fighter, but in both fights, that's exactly what Silva made Franklin look like.

Silva's just on a ridiculous level right now. Not really sure who'd match up well with him, although if Dan Henderson decides to cut, it'd make for an interesting fight.

Been impressed with Henderson lately, even with his lost to Rampage, esp. since I think light heavyweight just isn't the right weight class for him. Dennis Kang, although not in the same affiliation and overall not as good and well-rounded, would be another exciting match, at the very least.

with the cage and no yellow cards or green cards, paulo filho would continuously take down silva and keep him down until they are asked to stand up again, repeat and win via ud 9 out of 10 times.

nahhhhhh, vera got his ass handed to him. really had problem with the range and coulnd't get many kicks in.

Factor in his broken hand in the first round...

But honestly, as much as I hate the strategy Sylvia used, his Press-against-cage-and-dont-do-anything-else-i-am-a-giant strategy worked very well against Vera who did look extremely frustated by the fact that he couldnt get his range and was unable to move off of the cage. Overall, a decent night. Also, anybody see Heath Herring the night before? damn, he looked awful.

• 4 weeks later...

Fucking finally Bisping loses. Technically, this should be his second loss but we talk about the robbery that was the last UFC. I want nothing more than to see him stop fighting.