Pride FC and MMA

Haz

That Gonzaga kick to Cro Cops temple was the single most violent thing I've ever seen....awesome.

I'm getting excited for Liddell v. Jackson.

Who's your pick? A lot of people are predicting a Liddell victory. Personally I'm hoping he gets pummeled. He hasn't had the shit kicked out of him in awhile.

it sucks im gonna be in vegas the weekend of liddell/jackson but my friends arent into ufc enough to go. so i might have to try to find a place to see it or just completely miss it. ive never seen jackson fight so i really want to see this.

rampage is one of my favorite fighters.

never backs down from a fight, will fight on a moment's notice. has decent skills, ain't afraid to brawl. he has an exciting style to watch and he's an interesting character outside the ring as well. he also has the best sense of humor in mma.

silva would not be a legend if there was no rampage.

i love his commentary during pride. here's a website with his memorable quotes:

http://forums.sohh.com/showthread.php?t=840870

some classics:

"Have you ever got ya ass whooped by a black man before? It hurts!"

one that isn't on that page:

rampage to silva, something to the effect of:

"i used to think that god made people until i saw you. now i know that we came from apes"

I'd love to see Rampage destroy Liddell, that'd show people that you can't just watch UFC twice and believe everything Joe Rogan says to be in the know....

Second round, Liddell slips up and Jackson body slams him...light out.

Joe Rogan is a god-damn idiot. He's so freakin' annoying to listen to 11 times out of 10.

With that said, I'm with Rampage on this next one, and hope he knocks Chuck the F out...especially since Liddell is the equivalent of UFC's patron saint/god.

• 4 weeks later...

damn, i finally just saw the first liddel/rampage fight, damn chuck got his ass beat. its like he lost at his own style. fuck, i wanna watch this.

Shogun just got signed to the UFC today. It'll probably be announced at the even tomorrow. Also - apparently, the aids infested Tommy Morrison will be there making an appearnce.

iirc rampage used to post pretty frequently on the sherdog forums too

cool guy

i know i'm pride-biased, but liddell is fucking overrated

cant wait for rampage to bust his ass

ill even bet rep on it

also not to detract from gonzaga's victory

but honestly i think mirko stopped giving a fuck when he realized he'd never best fedor

How is chuck overrated. Have you watched any of his fights in the past 5 years?

Lets check the running list of those he's smashed up:

Ortiz, Sobral, Cotoure, Horn, Overeem, Vitor, Randleman

At what point will you admit that he has one of the best take down defenses in the game, and he is THE best counter-puncher in Pride or UFC.

I love watching Lidell fight because of how he keeps that one first hanging at the ready. You know the hammer is going to drop and so does the other guy, its just a matter of time.

This is going to be a great fight.

Can't wait til tomorrow. I'll be checking sherdog for who wins. I'm not buying the fight haha, I'm too cheap. I'll just wait til its up on dailymotion. The fight can go either way but I'm rootin for Rampage. War Rampage! Support the black man!

go to hooters and watch it..they play it free.

i'll take this rep bet. liddell has a hard time against other agressive fighters, but the fact that rampage will have a hard time keeping chuck on the ground + chucks need to avenge his loss puts me on his side.

ahaha ill take my rep nub

not even two minutes and iceman got ktfo :cool:

also maybe chucks not so overrated

as much as pride's roster is severely underrated by american fans

all that booing from people scared of the truth!

pride has been purchased by zuffa...

rampage is not the worst of pride, but definitely not the best (see rampage vs. shogun, rampage vs. vanderlei silva)

so when pride begins spilling over into ufc.....ufc fighters are fucked?

fedor vs. couture? hahaha

The deal IS NOT final. As it turns out PRIDE contracts are shit, and it appears that UFC can steal away the fighters without having to drop a single cent in PRIDE's hat. You might see PRIDE go away all together.

You are so wrong about Rampage. The Rampage we are seeing now is a completely different fighters. Keep in mind that he had trained Muai Thai at all for his fight with Wandy, and he trained very little BJJ for Shogun. Stupid, I know, but look how far his raw talent got him. Now he has a real camp with a real trainer. I think Rampage is going to have a good run in the UFC.

Quite frankly Im tired of people saying Pride fighters are going to destroy the current UFC lineup. The only fighter that I can clearly see doing well in UFC is Fedor. Everyone else is going to have to work to get to the top. Especially in the middleweight and below classes.

i was so pissed i couldnt convince my friends to go to the fight, so i convinced them to try to watch it some where, and of course no one was playing it for the general public. so i didnt get to watch it live. i wanted liddell to win but everyone knew rampage would take it. did i miss anything good, how was the undercard?

Yeah it was the best undercard in a while.

So I guess Sakuraba has been cleared to fight in the UFC, and the June LWGP for PRIDE was cancelled. See ya later PRIDE!