Pride FC and MMA

Haz

^ My thoughts exactly.

I'm still wondering why Okami bothered trying to stand and bang with Silva. I don't even think Okami went in for a takedown. Oh well, at least we're getting closer to seeing Silva fight GSP.

you will never see silva fight gsp - gsp will never put on the weight to fight him, even though he could easily do it. he knows he would have no chance.

• 2 weeks later...

overeem by TKO/KO in the first round.

also, the diaz brothers will always be a joke. supposedly nick has crazy social anxiety, but i'm guessing he just lost track of time after smoking so much meth. either way, just sucks that condit is his replacement and its gonna be another zzz 5 round wrestlefuck thanks to gsp.

5vhxh.jpg

Source for Diaz's social anxiety? I give him the benefit of the doubt.

I actually sympathize with the guy. He probably plays the heel because being defensive and mean is much easier than being nice and stressing over whether people like you or not. Dude even said post-fight that he doesn't like the role of the heel, he's just a normal guy.

But personal feelings aside, I think Diaz would've been GSP's biggest test to date, but Condit really isn't a step down either. It's still a fight in which everyone will be slightly nervous for GSP.

Source for Diaz's social anxiety? I give him the benefit of the doubt.

cesar gracie said so at the presser, but its been known for a while. i knew of it and i don't like the du.

"I would have driven him to Vegas if it came to that. I don't care. He just turned his phone off and acted like a little kid. It just doesn't cut it. Nick is like family to me. We're going to have a long discussion, hopefully with Dana, to see if he's still in the UFC or not. But let's face it, Nick is 28 years old. I talked to Dana about this before, and I think a big problem with all of this is Nick has social anxiety. He doesn't like to go and be away from home. He has no trouble fighting in the cage, though. ... He doesn't feel comfortable being around people. He has a very deep ingrained social anxiety, and it's something he probably needs help for, I think. I think that's why he self-medicates himself with the marijuana. That's my amateur opinion. He did the same crap with Paul Daley and a couple other guys. It was the same Nick Diaz. It's not the pressure of fighting GSP. It's the pressure of doing a news conference before the fight. Fighting is no pressure because he gets to beat someone up or get beat up."

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/9/7/2411407/cesar-gracie-nick-diaz-acted-like-a-little-kid-has-social-anxiety

last bit sounds like some s&m shit.

so does he get a title shot again if he beats bj? haha. definitely woulda preferred to see the original match ups, but at least the card isn't completely ruined.

Prolly not unless huge uproar by fans

Dana doesn't want to deal with him. Imagine going through round 2 of Diaz antics. Dana can't allow subordination like that as an example to other fighters. Worse yet, imagine if Diaz won. Now for your ww champ, you went from the most media friendly and sponsorable guy in gsp to "fuck this shit, fighting is like a prison I can't escape from" Diaz. (check out his latest interview in fighters only mag)

With that said, still rooting for Diaz

GSP fans should be fucking yearning for a fight against Diaz. Especially if Diaz decidedly beats BJ.

It's obvious that for some time now, there's been a lack of competition for GSP. This isn't GSP's fault in the least, but detractors use this to bash GSP. At this point in his career, Pierre should be fighting the best fighters possible (in his weight class) to cement his legacy at WW. Diaz being at the top of that list.

So... Roger or King Mo? Obviously Rogers BJJ is ridiculous, but although I remember seeing Roger training standup back in the day (ie he's been training boxing for quite a long time), he's not highly rated as a boxer. My take on it is that hopefully Roger can frustrate Mo long enough for the fight to end up on the ground (either by eventual takedown by Roger, or frustrated takedown by Mo) and then either armbar or RNC.

The Diaz/Condit dynamics for GSP are essentially the same if you look at it critically except the Condit fight has a few factors that actually make it better. Lets be honest we all know how the GSP/Diaz fight is going to turn out. It's been the same exact story his whole career. He's going to punch at GSP while he gets taken down and he'll work for submissions as he gets pounded out. This is the most foregone conclusion of foregone conclusions in the history of foregone conclusions. Theres just no way Diaz could ever pitter-pat punch GSP to a win. He's not in the same mental state as he was when he lost to Serra and lets be honest Serra hits hard. Really hard.

The Condit fight has a few factors though that make a Condit win much more viable. First he has the hands to actually starch GSP on the feet atleast long enough for him to jump on him while GSP is dazed and get the TKO. He aslo has the ability to work for sweeps off of his back and get the fight back to the feet. Diaz has none of these abilities.

Of course from a fanboy perspective the Diaz fight is more exciting. But from a sporting perspective, and might I add, logical perspective, the Condit fight is leaps and bounds better.