Pride FC and MMA

Haz

possibility of maurico "the dragon slayer" rua vs. silva down the road? but even before that, assuming rampage wins, i think he'll get the first shot and hopefully that fight doesn't end up like the first.

FINALLY watched 113 all after having the shogun/machida fight result ruined by accidentally going on wikipedia. either way, great to see shogun got what he deserved.

really though the highlight for me was koscheck vs daley. oscar worthy performance by koscheck and my jaw hit the fucking floor when daley hit him after it was over. has he been suspended yet?

kimbo vs mitrione was cool but i knew their was no chance kimbo would win. mitrione's punches at the end looked really weak though, not sure if he was tired or what.

best card in a long time.

he should have just apologized for punching him after the fight. said his emotions got the better of him. im sure a lot of people would have understood. especially since it was against koscheck lol

Only managed to see the final round of Roger vs Randleman but I'm very very happy to see him win. He looked SO good on the ground against Kevin, I've never rolled with anyone that comes close to how good he is at Jiu Jitsu.

Thats because theres about a handful of people on Hogeh Ghacies level.

Holy shit lat night was hands down the worst announcing I've ever heard.

Frank Shamrock: "I dont like how he's not circling to the right"

*circles to the right*

Id also like for Strikeforce to put on more than one good fight every 3rd event. Up next is Bobby Lashley vs. Ron Sparks.

*sigh*

Also, I love how Rogers got a shot after a loss. He's the Tony Lopez of Strikeforce.

Oh and shinefights got cancelled? Saturday was just a shitty MMA night.

^shoulda said i've never rolled with anyone ELSE on Roger's level. I got my blue belt from him. I've rolled with a bunch of blackbelts and Roger is streets ahead of any of the people i've rolled with. I know people don't like to draw parallels with sport BJJ and MMA but I think his style is so well suited for MMA. All fundamentals, crushing top game, pass, mount, choke you out. I've seen him fight 3 purple belts at a time and tap them all out...

just got my tickets to the fedor/ werdum strikeforce event. since only one fight has been officially announced im not really expecting much but im sure it'll be cool.

^danm i would love to attend a seminar that he was leading.... i've had the pleasure of attending Saulo Ribeiro seminar its really a pleasure to see the tops dudes abilities in person

I like Roger but there are lots of much better instructors out there, I've always felt that he doesn't consciously understand what he's doing so much as he's just a phenom. Often questions to him about technique would be answered like "Just don't let them do that". His response to me asking how to avoid getting cauliflower ear was "Don't let them grab your head".

I had a private with him once and was having a lot of trouble with getting flattened in half guard. I asked Roger how to prevent it and he basically said "I don't like half guard much, so I don't let people put me there" and then just re-taught me some basic sweeps I already knew. lol.

Although saying that, my 2 favourite sweeps are ones Roger taught me.

machida drinks his own urine...wtf?

4LBOZH_j_sI

Yes, the body filters poorly. And the Machida family just loves the taste of their own piss. See also: Luko Cumo, and Juan Marquez

I like Roger but there are lots of much better instructors out there, I've always felt that he doesn't consciously understand what he's doing so much as he's just a phenom. Often questions to him about technique would be answered like "Just don't let them do that". His response to me asking how to avoid getting cauliflower ear was "Don't let them grab your head".

I had a private with him once and was having a lot of trouble with getting flattened in half guard. I asked Roger how to prevent it and he basically said "I don't like half guard much, so I don't let people put me there" and then just re-taught me some basic sweeps I already knew. lol.

Although saying that, my 2 favourite sweeps are ones Roger taught me.

This is what I love the most about Roger. He really doesnt have much of a clue as to what he's doing. He's just a natural.

If youre in the UK and have the opportunity to roll with him then I would highly recommend it. It's probably not that expensive to go to one of seminars either.

I cant wait for my schedule to change so i can start training at ACS. I'm so excited to get back into grappling so I can legit post in the fighters thread!

EDIT: to be fair he is right about the ear thing. I wrestled for nearly 20 years and never even had ear soarness. Mostly because if you touched my head or tried to lock up with me, by the time your hands got back to your waist I would have already taken you down. Dont touch my fucking head.

• 2 weeks later...