Sign in to follow this  
homi29

we need a new what are u wearing today thread

i notice its a ridiculous amount of pages

i propose that one gets archived, and we get a new fresh what are you wear today thread.

some of the threads seem out of control in terms of # of pages, but i think that one is the most extreme case

perhaps a move towards a monthly thread a la Niketalk may also be a workable solution

Might not be a bad idea to split off a new thread at the beginning of each year.

What's wrong with having a lot of pages? :confused:

I think having multiple waywt threads would make searching for posted outfits harder.

I think having multiple waywt threads would make searching for posted outfits harder.

yea but if there would be like 2, onew archived one and a new one, it wouldn't be that hard to search or anything.

but I dont know if having one big one is that harmful either, so its up to The Wayne & co. :cool:

What's wrong with having a lot of pages? :confused:

Honestly after a couple months most of the images are broken anyway, so that's a moot point. Isn't having such a huge thread harder on the database somehow anyway?

when i made a waywt v.2, it got shot down.

ill try looking for it.

yea but if there would be like 2, onew archived one and a new one, it wouldn't be that hard to search or anything.

but I dont know if having one big one is that harmful either, so its up to The Wayne & co. :cool:

when i made a waywt v.2, it got shot down.

ill try looking for it.

red tried this and it fizzled.

who cares how long the thread is?

you only look at one page at a time.

i say leave it be.

years of fashion evolution in one thread? why fuck with that?

no, milspex had an outfit posted in post #1 but deleted it and replaced it with the words 'security risk'. the mouseover is just a preview of the first lines of text in the thread.

that said, i prefer having one thread. easier to go back and search.

If I stay on top of WAYWT I just check it day by day and float on the page numbers. It's not rocket science and I can't see it demands to be altered or given a special format.

Edit: Having said that ...

I dont necessarily mind the amount of pages...but most often i just look at the last 10 pages or so and get overwhelmed..bored..frustrated. What about if you separate it by the month. Youll have one thread that just lists May waywt, June etc...just a thought.

I like haja's idea that way you could easily reference something but, still have the whole thing there.

I don't find what's wrong with a gazillion pages in WAYWT. People (personally) hardly ever go back to see previous fits unless to prove something / refer back to / just for kicks anyway. By having a gazillion pages, I personally find that it's like looking at the nice aura given off of nicely aged red wine. It reflects SuFu members' everlong diligence in contributing to this site and what not, no?

Bigger is better.

I don't see any problems with it's current state.

And I imagine if it was hard on the servers like someone suggetsed Wayne would have proposed a change by now.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

i wouldn't propose making a new one unless there was going to be a big change in the format, like maybe a gallery mode or something like that but right now like homme said theres nothing wrong with it now

Agreed with selectivebeef, its kind of funny having a thread with like a bajillion views

red tried this and it fizzled.

who cares how long the thread is?

you only look at one page at a time.

i say leave it be.

years of fashion evolution in one thread? why fuck with that?

\

What if, going with the idea of archiving it, change the title to like "wawyt 2007" (or whatever years are represented) and make a new one every year, or whenever you decide its a good time for a new one... and sticky it and eventually it would be a like a yearly album collection of wawyts.

i agree we need a new one...and there should be like BEST WAYWT recognition every month...lol!!!

A good thing with having maybe seasonal threads is that then you can easily see how different styles were used for a specific season and year at superfuture.

the seasonal thread idea is the best one ive heard, once a month is too short

if an archived WAYWT were made, it should just consist of pictures.. no useless chatter/flaming/whatever

my thoughts:

the issue is, I think, that if unlimited chatter would be allowed, every 10th post would actually have a picture. this is how it is at some other forums and personally I find it annoying, I prefer just scrolling through the page of pictures and few comments then having a 50 post page with 6 pictures. considering that sufu is a lot bigger and the threads moves so fast, it would be a pain in the arse to scroll through the pages.

I agree that having several different threads is kind of dumb, but I cant think of a better alternative.

My opinion is that the main wyawt should only have pictures and info of the clothes and the comments can be stated as rep points. The person who posted would get to read the comments privately as rep comments and still have the glory while everyone else doesn't have to read it too. the other three be supertrash.