Anime / Manga

englandmj7

Oyasumi punpun volume 10 ups the angst again. -_-

Anybody follow Billy Bat? Stuff is getting pretty crazy, hope it doesn't veer off in extreme craziness. Love Urasawa stuff but he always goes over the top in final chapters. :huh:

Anyone reading Kurosagi Corpse Delivery? I have a four or five volumes to catch up on...probably page through em tomorrow regardless of opinions but I'd appreciate some thoughts on it, if it's stayed strong etc.

Oyasumi PunPun really is an amazing manga.

Gives you a certain feeling of melancholy since it can be really relatable.

Been reading Aku no Hana and Ousama Games (By Renda Hitori).

Both really good psychological series, and I recommend them.

Oyasumi PunPun really is an amazing manga.

Gives you a certain feeling of melancholy since it can be really relatable.

Been reading Aku no Hana and Ousama Games (By Renda Hitori).

Both really good psychological series, and I recommend them.

yea man, i can totally relate to punpun. one of the best mangas ive ever read in my entire life. are there others like that?

im all caught up on mangafox and im dying to read more.

I just started reading Oyasumi Punpun.

I get so sad and depressed reading that. i love it.

Hadn't really heard the name until it was mentioned here. It definitely struck a chord and I couldn't stop reading. went to sleep that night feeling so heavy and worn down.

Edited by denimu-akuma

I was reading that people enjoyed the ending of the manga better than the anime. I haven't read the manga, and probably won't, but the anime ending was decent. I agree that it'd be nice if they showed what happened to her, but I'm not mad that they didn't.

not to sound pretentious or anything, but I wasn't really feelin it. I can never get into this type of slice-of-life type shit where they try to make mundane things so trivial. Iono what I was expecting though, I guess I thought this would be kind of different considering watanabe was directing.

I did like the rotoscoping and the jazz. I dont think Yoko Kanno can make a bad soundtrack.

how many different lupin iii series are there?

I know of two movies:

- The Castle of Cagliostro

- Lupin III vs. Detective Conan

soo many adaptations. and I know of the new creepy remake that focuses on fujiko

not to sound pretentious or anything, but I wasn't really feelin it. I can never get into this type of slice-of-life type shit where they try to make mundane things so trivial. Iono what I was expecting though, I guess I thought this would be kind of different considering watanabe was directing.

I did like the rotoscoping and the jazz. I dont think Yoko Kanno can make a bad soundtrack.

I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum and thought it was incredible. Yes, Watanabe generally gives a grander scale to the actions of the protagonists (eg. Bebop is obvious and the entire government decided to chase the Champloo'rs), but what made this anime so great was how character-driven it ended up being and not how focused on the jazz performances that it could have ended up as. If they were to just end up becoming professional jazz musicians, it would focus too much on that and not enough on the bond between the 3 characters that made the story so touching.

• 2 weeks later...