Anime / Manga

englandmj7

Gantz is pretty amazing. i think i say that every so often in this thread..

Agreed, I caught up and it's one of the better manga's I've read in a while. It got incredibly crazy towards the end though, there a A LOT of loose ends that still need to be covered.

I'm gunna give the anime a shot, and hopefully the movie soon if I can get a hold of it

R2H_FsmxWzc

Redline. Fast anime meets the quirkiness of Katsuhito Ishii(party 7, shark skin man, funky forest) 7 years in the making. plus, Trava cameo!
edit: going on dvd on feb 28 or so. must see trailer in bigger resolution to appreciate it.

haha you caught up or have you've followed it ever since aizen arc ended?

i stopped reading it due to the stupid fillers bleach has offered, but this new arc is pretty interesting, i caught up a few days ago

gantz is pretty awesome but i haven't read it in over a year, i remember there was a guy who fucked an alien hard lol

yeah bleach has been pretty bad since ages ago, especially if you wait for a chapter a week. so little content in each chapter, especially compared to something like one piece.

the aizen 'climax' was bullshit and ichigo is the most boring character ever.

i've re-read blade of the immortal from the start again after not doing so for the last 5 years or so and have finally caught up. which site has the most up to date releases? i'm just finished with the shira arc now.

dude naruto has got NOTHING on one piece seriously. the current naruto arc is mean to be all epic and shit, cos i suspect it's the final arc but the previous one piece arc at the marine hq, which was meant to be a halfway mark of the series was even epicer. not saying the current naruto is bad, but if the author was a better storyteller the events could have been presented so much better.

the early art style and content of one piece takes a while to get used to because it seems a little kiddy but one piece has been the most consistent shonen manga i've ever read, and i've been following it from the start over 12 years ago. but yeah, you've got 12 years' worth of content to catch up to if you're gonna start now haha

One Piece never fails to disappoint, most other serialised shounen manga fails in comparsion from the last 10 years. II don't have a problem with Oda's style infact I dont't consider it kiddy but kinda trippy in places.

However, yeah whats happening in Bleach and Naruto nowadays?, not even sure where to start. With Naruto I last watched that kid who made stuff come alive introduced and in Bleach it was some leveling up nonsense.

what bothers me about this whole naruto war of the ninjas arc is that it's just so fucking unrealistic. i always felt like ninjas worked as individuals or in small groups relying on their unique powers to form a seamless team that had a minimum of weaknesses. now it's just a war and a war is fought by soldiers who are the opposite of what a ninja represents. a homogenous fighting force all with the same skillset for their specific tasks.

also what made naruto interesting were the individual ninjutsus and how they worked in a small environment against a single target. again in a war this just doesn't work

my emotional investment into the characters is just really nonexistant because there are just so many characters you're supposed to give a shit about. but them dying just doesn't really mean anything anymore because they are now 'soldiers' in a war, a mere casualty.

the only reason i'm still reading is because i've come so far reading the story and i want to know the lame ending that will without a doubt come. neither naruto nor sasuke will get killed. nothing will be resolved, nor will there be any emotional maturity or character development. naruto bascially still behaves like the kid from the beginning of the story and that is just what baffles me the most. the only thing that changed is the fact the he gets keeping stronger in in his fighting prowess but his mental faculties just never change. how can someone like that become hokage?

i've been ranting too much so i'ma leave it at that. i bet some narutard is gonna put me in my place but whatever, i just stopped giving a damn

oda's one piece is starting to suffer from a similar syndrome. imo the team on the ship just got a tiny bit too big, like robin, franky and that dumb skeleton are just pointless imo. the skillset of those 3 (what did robin ever bring to the team? yoink nothing) could've easily been distributed among the other team members

oda has a lot smarter writers staff and thankfully his art hasn't drastically changed over the past, i dunno 10 years?

i do agree with redX about the size of the crew on the ship, but i think there is a necessity for new characters to come in as the story progress.

the great thing about characters in one piece though, is that i feel like they have a lot of depth and i can get emotionally invested in them. they all have pretty elaborate backstories that took them to where they are now, and have goals/ambitions that they are moving towards.

i think the artwork got better along the way too especially with little details of the environment, etc.

but im biased though because i've been a follower since the series started in like 97 or something so....

So far I got halfway in Gurren Lagann or whatever. This shit feels like garbage. I am trying to understand that it is spoofing lots of Mecha friendship animes but could it ever be less annoying. I actually was happy as shit when Kanima died, two more left.

So far though I do applaud the show for its combat animations. It feels like the characters are actually fighting and not just spamming super moves (well...before) like in Saint Seiya.

what bothers me about this whole naruto war of the ninjas arc is that it's just so fucking unrealistic. i always felt like ninjas worked as individuals or in small groups relying on their unique powers to form a seamless team that had a minimum of weaknesses. now it's just a war and a war is fought by soldiers who are the opposite of what a ninja represents. a homogenous fighting force all with the same skillset for their specific tasks.

also what made naruto interesting were the individual ninjutsus and how they worked in a small environment against a single target. again in a war this just doesn't work

my emotional investment into the characters is just really nonexistant because there are just so many characters you're supposed to give a shit about. but them dying just doesn't really mean anything anymore because they are now 'soldiers' in a war, a mere casualty.

the only reason i'm still reading is because i've come so far reading the story and i want to know the lame ending that will without a doubt come. neither naruto nor sasuke will get killed. nothing will be resolved, nor will there be any emotional maturity or character development. naruto bascially still behaves like the kid from the beginning of the story and that is just what baffles me the most. the only thing that changed is the fact the he gets keeping stronger in in his fighting prowess but his mental faculties just never change. how can someone like that become hokage?

i've been ranting too much so i'ma leave it at that. i bet some narutard is gonna put me in my place but whatever, i just stopped giving a damn

Same here. I'm frustrated that I feel like Naruto has 'jumped the shark' at this point. After they killed Jiraya it seemed like everything started to go downhill. Also, I feel like there are so many characters it just jumps around too often and you might wait 6 weeks to get back to a character you care about.

Abou this war too... Sasuke/Naruto are completely absent, seems kind of pointless and you know at the end Naruto will master his new technique in time, come and kill Kabuto/Madara and save the day just before Kakashi, Hinata or Sakura or Gaara or someone he's emotionally attached to is killed by Madara.

Also, they keep adding characters and seemingly get bored of them and then ignore them: Sai, Killer Bee, all of Sasuke's goons, Neji, Shino, etc.

I feel like the writers have no clue where to take the manga anymore. The show follows the same plot over and over, Naruto learns awesome technique and somehow manages to defeat the uber-boss. First it was Gaara, then Orochimaru, then Pain, now Madara.

Also, I really want to see Gaara and Sasuke fight for some bizarre reason. And wth happened to Neji and his byakugan? It seems like they gave up on the Sharingan/Byakugan relationship.

Ugh... but like you I'd read ever chapter so it's hard to just stop. I stopped for like 8 months last year and then ended up just reading them all and catching back up.

yeah i keep giving up on naruto for half a year at a time and then catching up just cos i'm always hoping it will be pre-shippuden good. once in a while i get fooled into thinking it might be, like the current arc but after thinking about it i always just realise it's crap and there's so much wasted potential if he was just a better storyteller

haha you caught up or have you've followed it ever since aizen arc ended?

i stopped reading it due to the stupid fillers bleach has offered, but this new arc is pretty interesting, i caught up a few days ago

yea been had reading up on it on a weekly basis but im quickly losing interest.

good thing its slowly picking up again tho

those shoes ended up being some wack looking mids haha :rolleyes: