Anime / Manga

englandmj7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ I am 95% sure it didn't.

On another note, I've been obsessed with how the number 69 always pops up in mangas and anime. Either as tattoos (as seen in Bleach), as brands on jackets (as seen in Evangelion) or as graffitti on walls. Does anyone know why?

I know roku means good and kyuu gift, among many things. So I figured the number might be a sort of good luck charm. But it doesn't really seem like the correct answer.

Anyone more knowledgeable about the Japanese language who might know?

• 2 weeks later...

Good recent watches:

High school of the dead: Borderline hentai, but really just a lot of hilariously excessive fan service moments. Really good art and straight up old school solid zombie story.

Uchuu no Stellvia: Slice of life tech geek high school story in space. Cute and fun to watch while also being interesting.

The book of bantorra: Just starting this one, looks good so far.

Planetes: Another space/slice of life. Progresses slowly but gets very interesting as a political and social treatise by the end.

Moyashimon: Agricultural school. I know, I know. Just watch it, it's fucking awesome trust me.

Ookiku Furikabutte (both seasons): I like baseball and I thought this one was cute.

I recently (6ish months ago) finished Genshiken, which I also highly recommend.

And I, like everyone else, am pissed that BOTH bleach AND naruto are on filler at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

^I've been reading good things about that, sounds like a good "what if" scenario to base a story on.

Going through Freesia at the moment

72847.jpg

The story's pacing is disorienting and the lead being a mentally unstable ex-army guy makes him anything but predictable (as of chapter 37). A good read if you're not easily offended.

• 2 weeks later...