paranoia agent

Ghost in the Shell

FLCL

add:

perfect blue

wolf's rain

cutey honey

devil lady

Yep! Rurouni Kenshin Memory....it was boring. On a side note, I should sign up for Greencine for watching some rarer titles. I usually get all my movies for free through an undisclosed source........*cough* *cough*

I cosign on Cowboy Bebop.

England you can borrow my copy for some clothing.

So you can borrow my undies and I can borrow Cowboy Bebop? Sounds like a fair trade to me. :D

most of the series listed are super long, which is why flcl is a good pick up and watch: done in one sitting.

miyazaki is good shit

howls pretty good, i did like the sub over the dub version, but theirs only that one superficiality layer to it.

grave of fireflies is real sad actually. i felt like hanging myself afterwards, but i didnt, so i guess im stronger now? its great, just not one i intend to see for another 22.3 years

Nauticaa, Totoro, and Kiki's Delivery follow the same upbeatness as Spirited.

TV anime ive watched

Dragonball Z - childhood nostalgia

Samurai Pizza Cats, Ronin Warriors, Voltron - same reason^^

Naruto, Trigun, Bleach, FLCL, Avatar also even though its Nick but its the genre, and surprisingly good.

I knew a couple guys obsessed with Cowboy Bebop back in High School. I would love to get into the series but don't want to drop the cash to buy it and the download I looked up is 6 GB.....which would take a damn long time. I am going to get the movie, however.

damn, what internet do you have? if your any familiar with torrenting, and have at least dsl, it shouldn't take long at all. maybe 5-24 hours.

i really recommend you see the whole series though, the flow of it is just wonderful.

pretty much everything else has been mentioned, maybe you might want to check out gantz.

damn, what internet do you have? if your any familiar with torrenting, and have at least dsl, it shouldn't take long at all. maybe 5-24 hours.

i really recommend you see the whole series though, the flow of it is just wonderful.

pretty much everything else has been mentioned, maybe you might want to check out gantz.

I had cable internet but was tired of paying shitty Comcast for it. Where I live we get free wireless, so it is fairly fast, but depending on the number of seeds/peers things can take a while.

Got bored of anime.. moved on to J-drama, but I haven't even seen in any new shit in a long time. since ???.. but at least Hana Yori Dango season 2 is out.

try densha otoko, and kekkon dekinai otoko .... i havent seen hana yori dango yet but i will soon

anime try the saturday toonami lineup its pretty good i like bleach and eureka 7

also try ghost in the shell, hajime no ippo, cromartie sakikage high, gundam seed, rurouni kenshin, death note and eyeshield 21 lots more i just cant remember

It figures that you would like this one!:D

haha, yeah, what can I say really.. I used to have every episode on my computer, but since I moved to london I've been considering buying a boxset or something..

I do also have a guilty pleasure anime, but it's too embarassing to say.

Oh, stay away from the anime 'movie' called Sword for Truth, I got it as a gift one christmas from a relative who read it was a 'classic', but it just turned out to be a guy killing people while some odd (censored) hentai went on.

jin-roh and spirited away ranks tops.

Agreed, LOVE both!! They must be seen!

My problem with anime is that it usually sucks, at least the series. I watched Wolf's Rain, Last Exile, just a little Naruto and they all suckeeeeeed. I find series to often be very slow.

Hellsing was okay though.

My favourite movies are by Miyazaki or Ghibli in general. I love how they make me feel so many emotions. It's really an experience watching these movies. If someone could recommend something similar, I'd love it. Don't care about genre.

Anything that has to do

Robotech

or the OG storyline

Macross

My favorite animes...I grew up watching them. Nostalgia. Minmei's songs!!!

------------------------------

I dunno if anyone mentioned Millenium Actress. It's a good anime movie. About a woman who never gives up looking for her first love. It's a movie within a movie within a movie within a movie...the way the story is told is very good.

Venus Wars - good action anime about punk biker teens caught up in a war on Venus

Iria: Zeiram the Animation - good action anime...prequel to the life action Japanese movie.

Appleseed and Patlabor - mechas

I second Serial Experiments Lain....good psycho cyber punk anime.

Ditto for Perfect Blue and Grave of the Fireflies as well

Watch some old anime like Kimba (Disney stole this idea to make the Lion King), G Force aka Gatchman? i think, Voltron!!!

haha i love old anime. too much computer done anime with filler episodes nowadays with stupid high voiced girl voices and cute dudes who love other guys and stuff like that.

Check out the size aznv.tv. They have a HUGE (read: absolutely enormous) collection of anime, asian cinema, and asian dramas. Full series runs of countless anime titles and asian dramas. Great quality, too. It streams from Winamp for Windows and VLC player for Macs.

Of course it's not free, but it's still a really good deal. For $5 you get 30 hours of streamtime, for $10 you get 75 hours, and so on. And payment is by paypal.

jojo's bizarre adventure

best. anime. ever.

0506_r2_c2.jpg

LOOK!

Just like its name suggests, BIZARRE. Read a bit of the manga, didn't get watch the anime though.

Am not really a fan of anime, their comparably slow pace always get to my nerves. Used to prefer reading the manga.

Don't do much anime or manga anymore nowadays.

Only been watching Bleach (still at the beginning). My friend got me into Honey and Clover, it's like watching a J-drama in animation, with the advantage of doing things not possible in dorama.

No one into J-drama? Train man and 1 litre of tears (ignore the title) is really fun to watch.

1. ghost in the shell 1 and 2.

indie-pop-philosophy but good stoner discussion material re:whats is life, AI and its impact etc etc

and some mind blowing animation (well for me anyway)

2. marcoss zero and appleseed -nice graphics, pretty robots fighting n stuff

3. spirited away, howl's moving castle,

4. the entire gundam series has to be like the OG of all anime doesnt it?

5. heard oldboy was originally a japanese anime. sounds cool

1. ghost in the shell 1 and 2.

indie-pop-philosophy but good stoner discussion material re:whats is life, AI and its impact etc etc

and some mind blowing animation (well for me anyway)

2. marcoss zero and appleseed -nice graphics, pretty robots fighting n stuff

3. spirited away, howl's moving castle,

4. the entire gundam series has to be like the OG of all anime doesnt it?

5. heard oldboy was originally a japanese anime. sounds cool

The Appleseed OG was horrible, the CG remake LOOKED beautiful but if you've never read the manga, doesnt really make sense. but they really make Briareos and the Landmates look DOPE.

Gundam isn't really the OG but its probably where space opera type anime jumped off. As a whole its a mixed bag, the original timeline gundams for the most part are my faves (Gundam, 0083, Z, ZZ, etc) but the newer pretty boy band shit is just too generic for me, I still watch some of it though. :o

Another "old school" recommendation would be Bubblecrisis, I'm talking the original OVA, w Kenichi Sonoda not the series. The music and animation is kinda dated, but I think the designs still hold up. Heavy on the Blade Runner references, this was another one where different volumes ended up being directed by different people, notable to me would be Episodes 5 + 6 which were directed by Masami Obari, he'd go on to direct Fatal Fury, et al...

if you liked cowboy bebop (did you see the movie or the series- watch the series if you haven't) you'll probably like samurai champloo (same guy, watanabe.. not as good though in my opinion, but they got fat jon to produce some of the stuff).

to me Samurai Champloo has more of a road movie feel and for some reason I liked the characters more than the ones in Cowboy Bebop..

but i also think that CB is better overall..

Only anime shows/movies I have ever fully watched through, in order:

c.1995 Akira (my mom loved this movie when it first came out, so she had me watch it)

c.1998 Neon Genesis Evangelion (my best friend in 7th grade introduced me to it)

c. 2003 Initial D (During highschool, influenced me learn how to Dori Dori)