Anime / Manga

englandmj7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well guys and gals, I did a search and didn't quite come up with anything. I'm not too sure how big of an anime community there is here on Sufu, but might as well give it a try!~

Review, refer, inquire... do it all here.

I enjoy watching anime in my free time, which is quite sparingly, so someone much like me would benefit from this kind of thread. I have not been able to keep up with all the new releases so I do not really know of what kind of good shows are coming out.

I watch the basics; bleach & naruto

I have just started Bakemonogatari which I hear is supposed to be a superb anime about vampires and the likes.

I am also just beginning on Soul Eater which I find hilarious. A quirky anime that deals with shinigamis yet again, but in a totally different way than what Bleach brings.

What have you guys been watching? What are some of your favs?

i think theres a thread on this already but fuck it. i'd recommend death note if you've yet to see it, fucking AMAZING to the end, as well as flcl and paranoia agent.

as of now i'm watching:

Shippuuden, Bleach, Nyan Koi!, Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn!

in the past year i've watched through cowboy bebop and gundam wing all over again in their entirety.

so bummed right now about how nyan koi! is ending next week, 12 episodes of perfection.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Watch all of it now, its basicallz giant robots and drills and crazy shit, its abit comedic but has some more emotional bits. All of it is awesome, basically every episode gets better. Its 28 episodes iirc.

The 'new' evangelion movie rereleases are really top notch aswell.

Yeah I've watched my tons of anime, FLCL definitely being one of my favorites.

I've been hearing that the new Evangelion movie is great; amazingly, I have not even watched the series itself so I plan on doing that this upcoming winter break when I do not have classes to worry about.

And man oh man, Gundam. I am definitely trying to watch Gundam Wing again for SURE subbed. I knew no better and watched the subbed version being that I was so young, but I'm sure it would be so much better.

I really enjoy GANTZ. Anything quite like it out there?

I just watched the new Evangelion Movie, Evangelion: 1.0. I was pretty disappointed. The script is pretty bad. They made it more accessible to people who didn't like the series because it was too complicated. That was half the fun of Evangelion for me, the ambiguity and figuring out what the hell is going on. I'm a huge Evangelion fan so I am pretty critical. I'll watch the other ones though just because it’s a whole new story. The second movie (out of 4) was already released in Japan, not sure when its coming to the states though.

Brace for the 2nd movie because it is fucking AWESOME. I saw the first movie in theaters and watched the 2nd on my computer from a camrip, and the 2nd one was still way more enjoyable. They really deviate from the original series in quite a couple of bits and juice up the action sequences in a way that works very well.

Naruto just went wtf with that fucking armful of sharingans. Especially as they all look to be the special type that only like 4 ppl in the world have, two of which are currently alive and on the scene. At least a lot of shit is happening as opposed to Bleach which has the worst pacing of any manga I have ever read.

The only Gundam series I ever found good enough to watch through was 08th MS Team. Would recommend checking it out if you're a Gundam fan.

Guess I should mention I haven't seen any of the original series though.

08th MS Team is definitely one of my favs from the Gundam series.

But man, I just finished Bakemonogatari and I want more. This anime ranks up there with some of my favs, that's for sure.

finished watching Ergo Proxy some days ago. was pretty good, although different from what i expected.

watched Ghost Hound and Toward the Terra on and off; still need to finish. im thinking about taking up Gilgamesh and/or Paprika soon.

im semi-disappointed with Holyland manga. i need find some psychological-themed mangas to read over break

• 2 weeks later...

just been watching what my brother has recommended

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (NOT THE ORIGINAL SHITTY AMERICAN VERSION) is actually very good, anyone who watched the first american one will really be pleased with it. goes into a lot more depth on the important things the first one glazed over, spends less time on stupid filler shit, more on the other homunculi that were just skipped in the first one, overall exponentially better than the first and very good. and it's free to watch on the funimation website

Black Lagoon is good

Mushishi is real good, nice how you can just pick up any episode in the series, good art too

used to read a lot of manga when my brother was buying them. Jing: King of Bandits is good and fairly short, Berserk is amazing, Shaman King has beautiful art

• 2 weeks later...

shitty american version? i don't follow... i wasn't aware that an american studio produced a fullmetal that wasn't aired in japan first... if we're talking about the same one i thought the first series was concise and not all that bad though it skimps out entirely on the storyline of the original manga...