Anime / Manga

englandmj7

• 1 month later...

AdultSwim just started airing one of my favorite animes from when I was younger. It is called Shin Chan and follows a young boy through his everyday adventures of "sexual perversion". He's typically baring his ass for all to see since his pants seem to fall off all the time. I'm so happy to watch this series again!

theyre talking about a new Macross Series for the 25th anniversary, i think its confirmed that Kawamori is on board, lets hope Itano follows suit!

not sure if this was mentioned..

heres this OVA, Freedom thats been coming out in Japan. Cel shaded anime + Katsuhiro Otomo = yes.

Yea they definitely need to finish the story up...

I'm a lil hazy on what happened since it was so long ago, but Hikaru married Misa and they set off on the Megaroad for some exploration mission but disappeared....right?

I didn't really like Macross 7...=/

Macross Plus and Zero were definitely good.

AdultSwim just started airing one of my favorite animes from when I was younger. It is called Shin Chan and follows a young boy through his everyday adventures of "sexual perversion". He's typically baring his ass for all to see since his pants seem to fall off all the time. I'm so happy to watch this series again!

haha i love shin chan ... to bad i dun like the voice actor for shin in US version ... i prefer the jpn or indonesian dub

I'm a lil hazy on what happened since it was so long ago, but Hikaru married Misa and they set off on the Megaroad for some exploration mission but disappeared....right?

yeah..hikaru and misa went "missing" on the megaroad..its still not explained what exactly happened to them, its not even really mentioned in M7..

I agree, Plus and Zero are both amazing especially the movie version of Macross Plus, the fight bt the ghost and the vf-21 is crazy.

SDF Macross is so good, definetely one of my all-time favorite (i have a think for 80s anime i think). i would also love if they could finish the story, but i'm not expecting much considering. Macross Plus is also so good. I have mixed feeling about Macross Zero though, the special effects (don't know if it's the right term for anime, but anyway, you know what i mean) were really nice, but i didn't like that they brough some supernatural power/events into the story. i felt it was unnecessary considering they already had so much potentiel for story telling that could relate the the other anime.

If you like weird eccentric shit I recommend Kodomo no Omocha aka Kodocha. It's pretty old from the early 90s or something, Funimation picked it up a while ago. I remember watching this when I was first getting into anime many years ago at my local anime club. It's a mixture of comedy(think DiGi Charat) and romance. I am currently rewatching it and am in total nostalgic bliss right now. The manga by Miho Obana is pretty good also, but this might be one of the very few times when the anime is better than the manga. It's hard to capture an ecentric character like Kurata Sana on the printed page.

• 2 weeks later...

Death Note. FTW.

Some older stuff:

R.Kenshin - Wicked samurai series, only till eps 75-80ish or so though.

Serial Experiment Lain - Great atmosphere/depth.

Initial D - Release the inner riceboy in you.

Hajime no Ippo - The real champ. Screw De La Hoya, Mayweather.

GTO - Nothing special, but funny.

Kare Kano - For the shoujo lover lurking deep inside you.

Bubblegum Crisis - Soft spot for an old school favorite.

Death Note. FTW.

i am considering wathing this title. is really that good??

Hey. It's still currently running and is one of the more popular series these days. Some may dog it for being too popular, but I think the series holds merit.

Very strong characters/char. development, plotlines, dark and mature themes and overtones...with a few comedic relief inserts here and there, and the pacing really hasn't dragged or stalled at all...quite fast paced actually.

These days I don't really watch anime all that much, but saw a couple episodes kinda by accident and have been following it since. Overall, I'd recommend it.

not sure if this was mentioned..

heres this OVA, Freedom thats been coming out in Japan. Cel shaded anime + Katsuhiro Otomo = yes.

The first episode aired in December, and since then only the second episode came out. The 3rd episode is suppose to air pretty soon.

I highly recommend Death Note. I'm currently at episode 16 and it's getting better every episode. Unlike most anime, this one has an ending.

One piece and Bleach also deserve a mention. Though half of the episodes are rather childish. Mostly because they need to let the manga be ahead. And these type of animes have a never ending storyline.