Anime / Manga

englandmj7

Hopefully the UBW series turns out better than the movie. Then hopefully the Heaven's Feel movie won't suck.

Gundam Build Fighters sequel. Hitsugi no Chaika S2. Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de because Studio TRIGGER. Log Horizon S2. Amagi Brilliant Park because KyoAni. WIXOSS S2. Psycho-Pass S2. Sanzoku no Musume Ronja because Studio Ghibli. Trinity Seven (didn't even realize it was getting adapted until I checked the fall list). Yowamushi Pedal S2.

Undecided on Grisaia no Kajitsu. Heard the VN was good or something. Mushishi is on my backlog since I still haven't finished the first season. Some other titles I might end up picking up on the Fall list depending on how interesting the first episode or two turn out, but the above titles are the only ones that outright interest me. I haven't read Terra Formars but the description sounds quite interesting.

Fall 2014 discussion anyone?

There's some interesting manga adaptations I'm interested in checking out, namely Parasyte and Terraformars. Besides that, probably gonna check out Psycho-Pass S2, Mushishi, and Ronia the Robber's Daughter, which hopefully brings back the wonderful magical realism of classic Ghibli :)

Parasyte manga was good.  Hoping the anime is just as entertaining.  Sad that the beginning of Parasyte means the end of Hunter x Hunter though.

Parasyte manga was good.  Hoping the anime is just as entertaining.  Sad that the beginning of Parasyte means the end of Hunter x Hunter though.

i didn't even know about parasyte anime.  my pal from hs read this manga, so after i looked it up it registered.  the manga is obviously dated when compared to contemporary titles, but the anime trailer looks pretty good.

terraformars (knew nothing about this), looks promising!  thanx.

finally watched Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse. it was pretty good for your standard mecha literally until the last episode ruined everything

put me on a shoujo binge just to feel something real... that's what i get for watching a franchise spin-off 

but that got me watching ao haru ride which tbh is pretty well done, and for when it get's corny the animation is really crisp

for fall 2014:

Terra Formars

Parasyte

Log Horizon S2

new Mushishi

part of me is hopeful for Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete but only time will tell

^mangafox is work

does anyone know of any trackers or anything where i can get the rare anime/hentai? I've been trying to find a copy of battle royale high school and some other ones for a while now edit good now

Edited by Gatefold

Fucking episode 6. I almost cried. Chess = hallmark of lazy writing.

Episode 7 was slightly better but still makes me want to drop.

Batoto is cool (different languages, proper credits, high quality scans)

zankyou no terror is meh, great production/direction, bad writing. comically bad "rival" in 5, useless moe side character, really underwhelming so far.

^funny... i found garden of words beautiful but was extremely disappointed by the end of it because

it felt like it set me up for a lot of things without any proper catharsis. it wasn't nearly... painful enough imho? more runtime to flesh things out would have done it well imho but... eh. just how i felt after watching it.

regardless of that i don't regret watching it though. shinkai does beautiful work and it seems the output can only get prettier at the very least.

Prob not everyone's cup of tea, but REALLY enjoyed Haikyuu and I don't really like volleyball at all... until now. Within the last few seasons I think my favorites have been Haikyuu, kawai complex, and no game no life

the haikyu manga is really good, the art in particular is really dynamic (bird's eye views, contre plongee, crazy page layouts), kind of weird faces and proportions at first but it has really evolved throughout the series.

• 3 weeks later...

does anyone know a good place to find anime from the 20s/30s

the best i can find right now is on youtube (lol) and they don't normally have subtitles so I have to use the CC feature and translate it so a lot is lost

I'd be interested in this as well if anyone has any leads