Anime / Manga

englandmj7

the only people i can see getting much out of pupa are the various fetishists it panders to and kids who still get excited about gore for the sake of gore

if you haven't read the comic already, expect to be anything from disappointed to underwhelmed; the writing is just awful

Edited by jamokes

im i the only one who found the song at the end of the first episode of Ghost in the Shell: Arise to be A-FUCKING-MAZING???!

the only people i can see getting much out of pupa are the various fetishists it panders to and kids who still get excited about gore for the sake of gore

if you haven't read the comic already, expect to be anything from disappointed to underwhelmed; the writing is just awful

i went ahead and tried it out. had a hard time eating dinner. x_x

i went ahead and tried it out. had a hard time eating dinner. x_x

did the flat characters and poor pacing upset your stomach? i kid, but if you don't mind H-games, i recommend this one

S6KUY23.png

it has gore, cute girls, dialogue that doesn't make me feel like gagging, and it's just a much better story as a whole

on top of that, the gore never looks like a black, sketchy mess! it's the real deal

ooXeDg9.png

oh, and i guess it's no secret by now that i think pupa is and will stay terrible, but i was surprised to see who's directing it

with a pile of shit for source material and DEEN animating, mochizuki is their only chance of saving this adaptation

Looking to find a full collection of Cowboy Bebop, but minor internet snooping says that there were a lot of pirated copies/fakes. Any thing to look for when looking at a collection online or should I just wait for the Blu-Ray release that is supposed to be happening this year? I'm torn as its a personal favorite and it would be a bummer to purchase a bad set online and waste money.

I myself am waiting for the Blu-Ray release. I don't mind waiting when you can watch it anytime you want online, right? 

Also, fuck having to wait until Jan 9th for the new Kill la Kill episode 

Yup! It's available online any time. I just like having the set so I can watch it uninterrupted, share it with others, etc.

Finally watching Kill la Kill. The first episode's 1984 reference, art style, music, offbeat humor, and characters all have me hooked.

I am pretty excited for the winter line up and the continuation of our fall shows and even Space Dandy.

havent watched much lately. started coppelion.  3 ep in so far not really feelin it, but i'll probably finish it anyway.  i normally read josei and shoujo, but i've read some seinen lately. i'm up to date on usogui and i am a hero. a while back i finished holyland and gekiryuuchi, and i read most of kokou no hito, so I might revisit that.

any recommendations for a seinen title or author i should check out that has nice art? i already know of inoue takehiko and asano inio. also i heard monster was good so i might read that as well. i'm not really into fantasy stuff though, and i don't want to read a boxing/martial arts manga either.

I am pretty excited for the winter line up and the continuation of our fall shows and even Space Dandy.

was actually lookin forward to space dandy as well.  watched the 1st ep.  doesn't live up to the hype imho.  sorta disappointed, but didn't  necessarily h8 it.  prolly give the 2nd ep  a chance as well.

I thought it was pretty entertaining, although pretty little substance

reminded me a lot of Samurai Champloo at least the narrator, n trippy visuals reminded me of the ep where they get high

I completed my OP Color Walk collection over the holidays, just need to get Gorilla this weekend.

Forgot to take pic unfortunatly

Edited by tylortakahisa

Today I am ashamed to say I have seen every single episode of Saint Seiya Omega to date. I really dont' know why.

lol I just watched the weed episode of Champloo last night. As well as the homo dutch du episode.

Excited to start and run through Kill la Kill now that it's done. Space Dandy better not suck. When is JJBA supposed to start again?

Edited by TRICK DOM

Today I am ashamed to say I have seen every single episode of Saint Seiya Omega to date. I really dont' know why.

lol I just watched the weed episode of Champloo last night. As well as the homo dutch du episode.

Excited to start and run through Kill la Kill now that it's done. Space Dandy better not suck. When is JJBA supposed to start again?

Wait KlK is done? I thought it was gonna be 26 episodes or are they splitting it into two 13 episode season things?

I'm so glad Silver Spoon is back with season two. Such an interesting show. I don't usually like 'high school' settings but this one is cool and I feel like I learn something each episode. Who knows if it's a credible source though.

I think the second episode of Space Dandy was better than the first. It's very 'cartoony' though which can make the 'story' hard to appreciate. But the animation and art looks really good so far.

Are there any other shows starting this season that are worth watching?

Edited by mr fluffernutter