Anime / Manga

englandmj7

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty n00b to anime, I just recently finished Samurai Champloo and loved it, thinking I'll watch Cowboy Bebop next.

I've also seen Neon Genesis Evangelion, Beck Mongolian Chop Squad (favourite), Akira, and that's honestly about it beside Studio Ghibli movies. 

Any recommendations as to what I should watch next? Still need to watch the Evangelion rebuilds.

Manga wise, Beck is my all time favourite, and I've read so damn many its hard to keep them straight...Currently following Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Fairy Tale, Toriko, Bartender, and Addicted To Curry. Recent reads that I've enjoyed were Homunculus, Air Gear, and Yu Yu Hakusho. 

Tried starting Soul Eater, not really into it, might try out Hunter x Hunter...

^2 Midori Days, bruh. 

haha but Sword of the Stranger and Ninja Scroll are great films to watch.  Outlaw Star is also fun but suffers from shit budget during like 16 episodes (best ship fight is mad early on).

I have been re-watching the first season of Darker Than Black in the last week.  Really appreciate the speed of the fights when put alongside Shonen dregs.

when i'm not broke i think i'm gonna get back into berserk manga - i bought a shitload 5+ years ago and never read it as i 'grew up' (lul).

Take your time...we haven't had a new chapter in a year. At this rate Kentaro Miura will be dead before Berserk even gets close to finishing.

I'm pretty n00b to anime, I just recently finished Samurai Champloo and loved it, thinking I'll watch Cowboy Bebop next.

I've also seen Neon Genesis Evangelion, Beck Mongolian Chop Squad (favourite), Akira, and that's honestly about it beside Studio Ghibli movies. 

Any recommendations as to what I should watch next? Still need to watch the Evangelion rebuilds.

Manga wise, Beck is my all time favourite, and I've read so damn many its hard to keep them straight...Currently following Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Fairy Tale, Toriko, Bartender, and Addicted To Curry. Recent reads that I've enjoyed were Homunculus, Air Gear, and Yu Yu Hakusho. 

some other basics should be Ghost in the Shell or Death Note. Psycho Pass was also really nice

fyi, u required 2 watch rapeman b4 postin in here

some other basics should be Ghost in the Shell or Death Note. Psycho Pass was also really nice

I'll check them out, I've read Death Note, so I've been apprehensive to watch the anime, for really no reason.

I've got a 10 hour bus ride tomorrow, I'll download it tonight lol 

Anyone watch Hunter x Hunter? I started reading it the other day, chapter 75 now and I'm pretty into it.

^2 Midori Days, bruh. 

haha but Sword of the Stranger and Ninja Scroll are great films to watch.  Outlaw Star is also fun but suffers from shit budget during like 16 episodes (best ship fight is mad early on).

I have been re-watching the first season of Darker Than Black in the last week.  Really appreciate the speed of the fights when put alongside Shonen dregs.

darker than black is so good x_x i'm finishing up the ovas (gaiden) now; hearing rumors about a season 3??? supposedly set in south america so it'll be a prequel... fingers crossed.

i've never seen rapeman tho

also started casshern sins recently

tumblr_mqq9sv9i801qa47z6o1_1280.png

p good 

also watching hataraku maou-sama.

it's a lot of fun

Edited by gndmshtlrd

I love the whole new high art vintage style being brought back with Casshern Sins and Saint Seiya.  Sadly I didn't feel the same with with Casshern Sins, it needed more actual combat; only a small few well developed fights.  Was straight beauty though, especially on blu-ray.

Edited by Desi

Seems like u would really like boku no pico. I recommend going in blind.

Gantz ending is the most disappointing finish in Manga history... until Berserk ends.

agreed :( it had so much promise!  until the alien invasion Gantz was awesome then it kind of fell apart.  To many loose ends as well.........quite the let down

I have a little more hope for berserk, I don't know if I can handle a crappy finish from that

I started watching that one where the kid goes to the agricultural university and he can talk to Pikmin. The yeast is cute.

Wow ok things got weird quick.

Kimi no Iru Machi got real with episode 4.
Gatchaman Crowds is surprisingly pretty good, still continuously watching.
And Servant x Service is great. So far this season seems to be a lot of slice-of-lifes.

2mov1g1.jpg

Edited by 1 9 9 3