Anime / Manga

englandmj7

Any recommendations?

I've just recently finished Paranoia Agent and East of Eden

Darker Than Black season 2, then 1 then the OVAs. Season 1 is my favorite anime of all time. Dat Yoko Kanno soundtrack. Season 2 and the OVAs are trash but I understand not everyone feels that way. Watch them first so you won't be let down like so many of us were.

how many different lupin iii series are there?

I know of two movies:

- The Castle of Cagliostro

- Lupin III vs. Detective Conan

soo many adaptations. and I know of the new creepy remake that focuses on fujiko

how is this creepy? what you mean?

Finally reached the year 2004 by finishing Samurai Champloo, love the soundtrack.

Also read/watched Himizu

My current To Watch List consists of

• The Sacred Blacksmith
  • Mirai Nikki
  • Rurouni Kenshin
  • Cowboy Bepop
  • Shigurui
  • Sword of the Stranger

Obviously you can tell it has left an impression on my choices.

You haven't watched Bebop yet? Shame....

I agree its a huge shame lol, Over the years I watched a few episodes here and there but never fully pursued the series until now same with champloo

it's been the longest time since Aku no Hana came out with a new chapter.

great psychological/semi slice-of-life manga, and I definitely recommend it.

i've also been trying to read oshimi shuuzou's (the author) other mangas, but they've all been "ongoing" for a long while. guessing either they just aren't being translated anymore, or he's not continuing them yet.

ALSO; Started Natsuyuki Rendezvous and Kokoro Connect, both are great except for what's been happening in the recent episodes with Natsuyuki..

Edited by 1 9 9 3

I just started Natsuyuki and I'm enjoying it so far. Kokoro was on my to watch list, and will probably catch up on that after Natsuyuki.

I was watching Total Eclipse but not sure if I am enjoying it or not...

I saw a few eps of Space Bros and really enjoy that too.

I guess Sword Art Online is decent but I've only seen the first two or three episodes

Edited by esoteric

i've also been trying to read oshimi shuuzou's (the author) other mangas, but they've all been "ongoing" for a long while. guessing either they just aren't being translated anymore, or he's not continuing them yet.

ALSO; Started Natsuyuki Rendezvous and Kokoro Connect, both are great except for what's been happening in the recent episodes with Natsuyuki..

just finished aku no hana in one sitting. so fucking good.

Dat character style and overall transformation is pretty nuts as well as one of the most fitting mango endings.

really looking forward to the animu adaptation.

Edited by halomunkey

I've heard that Space Bros is supposed to be good too. I have all recent eps downloaded so probably going to marathon soon.

And the thing I really loved about Aku no Hana was that it was a clear indication on how the art got better throughout the chapters. Also just the entire plot in general as well as the characters.

just finished aku no hana in one sitting. so fucking good.

Dat character style and overall transformation is pretty nuts as well as one of the most fitting mango endings.

really looking forward to the animu adaptation.

thanks for the reading suggestion, 1993.

started reading it last night and im reading it non-stop.

i couldn't agree more that this is fucking good reading. this and oyasumi pun pun. need moar.

Any anime where the main character is just a badass and is actually smart?

Also here is the list of anime/manga i've finished/currently on.

Dragonball, DBZ, GT

Samurai Champloo

Zoids

Pokemon (first three series)

Code Geass

YuGiOh

Ruroni Kenshin

Fullmetal Alchemist

Naruto

Bleach

Gantz

Psyren

Hitman Reborn

Darker Than Black

History's Strongest Disciple: Kenishi

Death Note

Soul Eater

Cowboy Bebop

Fairy Tail

Hunter X Hunter

666 Satan

High School Of The Dead

Gamaran

Drifters

Shaman King

Yu-Yu Hakusho

Avatar Last Airbender (not sure if its considered anime)

Gundam wing, G, and 00

Digimon (first three series)

Samurai 7

Kekkaishi

Shingeki no Kyojin

Rave Master

Beyblade

Afro Samurai

Sengoku Basara

Gintama

Eden Of The East

Trigun

Shigurui

Ghost In The Shell

Air Gear

Full Metal Panic

Gash Bell

Baccano

Durarara

@Mr. Rager damn brah, all that popular animu and u havent seen evangelion?

From your list it sounds like you might like Guilty Crown, Hajime no Ippo, and Black Lagoon

reffering to your question, off the top of my head I can only think of Denpa Teki na Kanojo. Its only a 2 episode OVA but its really good. super likable characters.

If you want something different but still really popular/hype-ish then check out Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari. Fucking beautiful and epic scenery and some of the craziest dialogue I've ever heard (actually, its all dialogue and zero action).

I dunno how some of you are able to keep track of all that animu/mango without a myanimelist x_x

Edited by halomunkey

this was years ago but i just found out about christopher handley his cp charges

holyshit, can someone explain the culture of lolicon to me. my roommate loved that stuff but i never gave it a second thought since who am i to judge

yo i'm pretty much an expert cause i read lolita once but i'm pretty sure it's the idea of domination/control as well as the purity of the girl that is attractive.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally watched the new Berserk movie and I was happy how it turned out. Reminded me to go back and read the manga. Unfortunately, the manga hasn't progressed very far since I stopped reading :(

hey where did you see it? download? we're talking the 2012 version, right?