Anime / Manga

englandmj7

Yeah anime dubbed in that period (and now still but worse back then) have a very distinctive "anime" style of voice acting that I'll never be able to get used to. I mean if you're after that nostalgia then good luck trying to find the original dub but in terms of actually being able to appreciate the medium objectively subs are the way to go.

The only dubs I've sat through and enjoyed are Cromartie high because they localised the jokes and it's a fucking ridiculous series so shitty voice acting seems part of the whole point, and Tiger & Bunny cos it's kinda meant to be like an American Saturday morning cartoon anyway...

i wonder if it's because it just hasn't been translated. I really enjoy this one so far

me too! i honestly got into it because i found out that's where ushijima iiniku got her name from. Turns out it's a great story.

yeah gto early days isnt thats good. some of the slapstick stuff is funny. the plots are basically the same every volume

just finished black lagoon

sooo fucking good, it consumed me for a while. so much so that I haven't done any work since i started it :P.

Main character is so badass, really like the "bitch-moe" concept that rei hiroe built.

sucks that the manga has been on hiatus for so long, although I doubt the 4th season will be as good as the first two seasons. :(

Edited by halomunkey

anyone watchin fate/zero? finally caught up to episode 21. shits gettin intense.

barely found out it was a prequel to a whole other series... so now im watchin fate/stay night. shit is good, but i hate how much of a pansy shirou is compared to kiritsugu.

hoping this dude dies and saber gets transferred to someone else.

edit: NVM

Edited by yoallanface

for some reason i'm watching mirai nikki

it's bad, i'm on ep 19 tho and i don't even watch anime

but i wanna watch the new berserk movies, anyone seen them

i haven't seen the old ones yet, anyone seen the new ones and think i should stlil watch the old ones?

bout to read heat tho (ikegami and buronson)

i dont think the new berserk movies are out on dvd/bluray yet

just read the berserk manga. its dope. the new movie is a recap of the series, so its basically like the anime. but the second movie should be new stuff