Anime / Manga

englandmj7

for the most part I use mangafox

there's also:

manga.animea.net

mangahere.com

which sometimes have titles that aren't on mangafox

some scanlators only upload to particular sites and some have readers on their site for updates. the other good sites I remember went under after while

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen the whole gantz anime and am only two issues behind on the manga and I can confirm that it doesn't adapt well. I've seen MUCH worse but each individual alien hunt in the manga feels really drawn out in the anime whereas on paper they're quick and surgical. Plus the drawing is fucking incredible, which you don't quite get from the anime:

gantz-35581.jpg

what bothered me is that the drawing and art style is so clean and it feels like there is no soul or motion in any of the pictures. like they are all ultra crisp and clean sports photographs.

guess it has to do with how the manga is done, i think i read that they make a 3d model of every panel and then just trace around what the computer gives you. a kind of surgical procedure that imo doesn't convey any emotion or character

what bothered me is that the drawing and art style is so clean and it feels like there is no soul or motion in any of the pictures. like they are all ultra crisp and clean sports photographs.

guess it has to do with how the manga is done, i think i read that they make a 3d model of every panel and then just trace around what the computer gives you. a kind of surgical procedure that imo doesn't convey any emotion or character

i didn't mind this at first but as the manga progressed it gets noticeable that the illustrators are getting lazier and lazier.

whatever interest i had for the manga got thrown out when they started the invasion arc. i miss the suspense of the earlier missions

Edited by wrong_move

• 2 weeks later...

I hated gantz anime and I don't think I would ever read the manga... the story line is NOT that good

finished steins;gate a couple weeks ago and currently rewatching gungrave

finished? Is there a place you're reading it from that's not the first 12 chapters? I was really interested in it when mangastream was doing it but they haven't put any out since then