Anime / Manga

englandmj7

strange request here... i've never been into anime, and recently i;ve felt a strange urge to find something i'd like.

I'm after something very abstract, deep, philospohical, futuristic. possibly a dystopian setting... hope you get the general gist

stangely specific request i know.. but for some reason i really feel like watching something like this, esp while high.

any reccomendations?

Guest jmatsu
strange request here... i've never been into anime, and recently i;ve felt a strange urge to find something i'd like.

I'm after something very abstract, deep, philospohical, futuristic. possibly a dystopian setting... hope you get the general gist

stangely specific request i know.. but for some reason i really feel like watching something like this, esp while high.

any reccomendations?

Rapemancollage.jpg

any reccomendations?

This fits all of the above:

Texhnolyze

That shit is deep but the pacing is kinda slow and very abstract. just read the wikipedia here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texhnolyze

sounds like what you're after lol

Guest jmatsu
^The obvious choice is Ghost In The Shell. The films and, to a lesser extent, the shows. Not too abstract but fits all the other crtieria.

I'd second Texhnolyze. Really enjoyed that series.

i would suggest this:

Kemonozume_wallpaper_by_HokusaixDERO.jpg

kemonozume_ep1.jpg

kemonozume002sq3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

04_michiko-to-hatchin.jpg

20080818_michiko.jpg

fans of cowboy bebop and samurai champloo should check out michiko to hatchin. its by manglobe who did champloo and shinichiro watanabe who worked on bebop and champloo

i really enjoyed it

kannagi.jpg

if you liked haruhi youll like kannagi. its pretty funny

Guest jmatsu
^^^

didint this start from nissin noodles ads?

still looks sick though

and kemonozume is bomb!!!!!

yeah, who do you think paid for the entire production?

anyway it's way pussy compared to akira. more of a general audience mini series with MAD cup noodle product placing cameos. and people use forks.

• 2 weeks later...
04_michiko-to-hatchin.jpg

20080818_michiko.jpg

fans of cowboy bebop and samurai champloo should check out michiko to hatchin. its by manglobe who did champloo and shinichiro watanabe who worked on bebop and champloo

i really enjoyed it

kannagi.jpg

if you liked haruhi youll like kannagi. its pretty funny

I finished the series not too long ago, I liked it a lot.

Anyone know what anime this .gif is from...

f45369f34408146b8664d0d637fde86641e24833.gif

I don't know if this site has been mentioned but:

www.watchanimeon.com has an awesome selection of both classic, underground and new animes.. It's like crunchy roll but fuck crunchy roll be a bitch sometimes..

i'm going to recommend an anime I'm currently watching right now, it;s called 07-Ghost.

Anybody know of any good horror/psychological thriller type animes? I watched quite a few in the past (blood+, elfen lied, etc etc)

;(

I don't watch anime very often but I got the Gundam mobile suit + Z + ZZ series for when I get a craving. If I remember correctly ZZ sucked but the other two were the bomb.

Still reading Nana and Vagabond. Good stuff.