Anime / Manga

englandmj7

Pretty much everything I've seen has been listed before.

But here are some others I didn't see:

Bokura Ga Ita - High school romance shoujo.

Byousoku 5cm is a pretty good anime movie that I've seen recently.

Crunchyroll took down a lot of licensed anime. http://snakeeyesvideos.vidiac.com/ has a bunch of stuff uploaded, but not the greatest quality.

death note!

midori no hibi was awesome too, great teacher onizuka, nana, gunslinger girls and ouran high school host club were sweet too

very nice indeed :D

I'll be the third to throw out NOEIN.

Just finished it last weekend. Shit was ill. Definitely unconventional in art/animation (it seamlessly blends an already interesting art style with a little cg and a more pencil'y comic book style/animation during some fast fight scenes)...even the overdub was onpoint. If you like semi-confusing stories about multi-dimensional stuff infusing quantum theory, chaos theory, and other riff raff theories you would've hated to study in High School ('less you were one of THOSE kids)...then I highly recommend it. If you liked X, you'll most likely dig Noein.

Woah, didnt see this thread before, time to drop some knowledge. haha.

My current favourite would have to be Macross frontier, best animation Ive seen in a long while, and a I cant resist a good ol fashion space opera.

Other favourites would have to be:

Hellsing

Last Exile (steampunk!!!)

Baccano

Ghost In the Shell Standalone Complex

Burst Angel

Samurai Champloo

Black Lagoon

and Guardian of the sacred spirit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a huge fuckin' fan of Cowboy Bebop.

I use to have the series, & I watched it like five times through.

I recently started watching The Vision of Escaflowne because I use

to love it when it was on Fox Kids. I want to know

what happens..

Also on my list is Vampire Hunter D & Ghost In A Shell.

Has anyone seen DEAD LEAVES? Shit is wacky.

Would you guys suggest The Big O?

I'm a huge fuckin' fan of Cowboy Bebop.

I use to have the series, & I watched it like five times through.

I recently started watching The Vision of Escaflowne because I use

to love it when it was on Fox Kids. I want to know

what happens..

Also on my list is Vampire Hunter D & Ghost In A Shell.

Has anyone seen DEAD LEAVES? Shit is wacky.

Would you guys suggest The Big O?

Big O is nice if you really liked the original Batman: The Animed Series. Unfortunately, the end of the series wasn't nearly as well-executed as it could have been. Otherwise, a nice opportunity to watch steampunk robots slap each other around.

I don't know if these have been mentioned:

GetBackers - a bit older, remember really liking this in high school

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - a different mecha-type anime, kinda power rangerish, but pretty good nevertheless

Has anyone watched Planetes?

www.onlineanime.tv, onemoreanime.com, and anime4f.com are good for finding some licensed stuff if it is not on crunchyroll.

I don't know if these have been mentioned:

GetBackers - a bit older, remember really liking this in high school

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - a different mecha-type anime, kinda power rangerish, but pretty good nevertheless

Has anyone watched Planetes?

i've heard very good things about Planetes and have been meaning to watch it.

Big O is nice if you really liked the original Batman: The Animed Series. Unfortunately, the end of the series wasn't nearly as well-executed as it could have been. Otherwise, a nice opportunity to watch steampunk robots slap each other around.

I think I just have this thing

for Sunrise, Inc.

Cowboy Bebop

Trigun

Bleach

Howls Moving Castle

Samurai Champloo

Wolfs Rain

Death Note

Spirited Away

Princess Mononoke

Castle in the Sky

Lupin the 3rd

Case Closed

Samurai X

Neon Genesis Evanglion

Blue Submarine No.6

Gundam Wing

Has anyone seen Gantz? I watched most of the series awhile ago and liked it -- it's sort of violent and there's a naked girl sometimes.

I liked the manga, I hated that the anime had to make up a completely new arc and ending.

Berserk is good too, too bad that only covers a tiny part of the manga, also. I really can't hang with anime versions unless the animation is well done.

Zeta Gundam is one of my all time favorites :o

late pass - but watched tekkonkinkreet on jmat's tip... wow. towards the end felt like i was droppin acid with spidermonkeys in the desert. really changed my perspective on shit.

check out Van Dread, Golden Boy, Millenium Actress, Perfect Blue, Paprika, My Neighbor Totoro (the Troma Films 1993 dub), Azumanga Daioh, MS 08th Team Gundam, RahXephon, Macross Plus, Nausicai of the Valley of Wind, Jin-Roh, Akira, His and Her Circumstances aka Kare Kano, Ghost in the Shell, Monster, Gungrave, Grave of the Fireflies, Cat Soup, Card Captor Sakura, Metropolis, Kiki's Delivery Service, Patlabor, Blue Seed, and some random ones that are worth checking out: Steel Angel Kurumi, Alien Nine, Jungle De Ikou, Ikki Tousen, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Pani Poni Dash, Puni Puni Poemy, Nerima Daikon Brothers aka NDB. If you need manga recommendations, just ask.

can anyone ID this anime for me? saw it as a kid don't remember much but, this dude was fighting in a martial arts tournament... he was the shit. but there was this other cat who was even MORE of the shit. i mean homie was playin dirty diggin into people's arms and ripping out their nerves and shit so they couldn't defend themselves. pretty gorey.

anyone?:confused: