Yohji Yamamoto mens F/W 07.08 - Paris

fade to black2

Although the (mediocre) Number (N)ine collection is probably gonna get a lot more attention, thought i'd post this up here anyway...not as strong as last winter i think but the print stuff and the styling looks interesting enough...will probably have much better stuff once the whole thing hits stores though

73118251ht8.jpg

73118267vh4.jpg

73118269ht0.jpg

73118263pq7.jpg

lllllzg0.jpg

lllod3.jpg

love the knitwear and coats...Yohji's the one designer these days who never really delivers a bad collection. Well done.

i'd like to see more pics too but doesn't seem like that many more available?

anyway i'd wear a lot of this stuff, usually my style is fairly conservative and minimal but when it comes to yohji everything just seems to click. Hope i can make it to japan to get some of these clothes at slightly cheaper prices than Hong Kong. haha

of course yohji, one of my favorite designers. as always from his past collections, its always a perfect blend of sports and chic. this collection is quite sporty but i think he has added more formal pieces into this collection. the colors are perfct fo f/w and the cuts are quite good. i think the collection is better than n(n).

i don't think he is even in charge of designing the Y-3...apparently after they shifted the Y-3 show to new york, he pretty much gave up creative control and has only licensed his name to the brand. Someone correct me if i'm wrong...

Y-3 stuff is more mass market sportswear, a lot of branded stuff so i'm not too into that. The early Yohji X Adidas collabos were nice, the pair i got back in 2003 i still wear a lot today. Y's is nice for more wearable basics or low-key stuff, not as good quality as the main label but i like it as it's a younger alternative.

the YY main label itself is def. my favorite design house in the history of fashion.

edit: whoa....just noticed those selvedge trousers in one of the pics above, looks like nando-nando.

Now why is there so much love here for his style of kitch but not so much for others? (in particular a certain pair of Canadian twins'...)

I don't have time nor patience to explain what's attractive to me in Yohji's style, but if you don't see the difference between Dsquared and YY then there's probably no helping you.

let me reiterate that those boots fuckin RAWK! I'm loving strapped men's boots, is this a new thing with us or am I just realizing something that was here for a long time?

Although the (mediocre) Number (N)ine collection is probably gonna get a lot more attention, thought i'd post this up here anyway...not as strong as last winter i think but the print stuff and the styling looks interesting enough...will probably have much better stuff once the whole thing hits stores though

73118269ht0.jpg

love the knitwear and coats...Yohji's the one designer these days who never really delivers a bad collection. Well done.

I love this sweater, lavender is striking when done right. The cartoon just brings it ovet the edge. By the way, aside from both being japanese, why do we even compare N(N) rock/goth aesthetic to Yohji's off-kilter menswear that plays with shapes and volume peppered with traditional workwear references?

By the way, aside from both being japanese, why do we even compare N(N) rock/goth aesthetic to Yohji's off-kilter menswear that plays with shapes and volume peppered with traditional workwear references?

i wasn't so much comparing the brands' aesthetics, i was commenting more on how despite coming out on the same day, i had a feeling that on the internet, among fashion followers the N(N) was probably gonna get more attention just because it seems to be a hot label right now...whereas Yohji i usually get the sense he's always under the radar.

and yeah spotted horse makes some nice denim for YY, but I don't think i've ever seen any use of natural indigo jeans for YY. A regular distressed blue jean from last summer was around 79,000 yen, crazy...